Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-29-2018, 03:44 AM

2,753 posts, read 6,667,285 times

Advertisements

My sister's first husband used to work at a car glass (repairing and tinting windows) shop. He once said that crime doesn't know a zip code.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-29-2018, 07:59 AM

628 posts, read 398,380 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JonathanLB View Post
I make no judgment about the whys or hows but ethnically diverse and best areas of Las Vegas Metro area do not go together. Summerlin and Green Valley area are about 77% white with most of the rest being Asian. The more ethnically diverse areas are the more crime-ridden, sadly. Those are just the facts.

Old 07-29-2018, 08:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael2016 View Post
I think it is rather about income level than race. There might be a correlation in some way, but in my opinion it only boils down to income level of a neighborhood. Many crimes are done by your neighbors and if they are all high earners, there seems to be a reduced risk of them becoming criminals that break into your house etc.
I just want to point out that there are a lot of older people in their sixties and seventies in my neighborhood who have been in these homes for 30 to 40 years and so far they are generally all very hospitable and friendly to me. They may very well be low income, but I don't see them as a threat in any way.

Old 07-29-2018, 05:14 PM

13,586 posts, read 13,125,198 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WisconsinVegasHeights View Post
I just want to point out that there are a lot of older people in their sixties and seventies in my neighborhood who have been in these homes for 30 to 40 years and so far they are generally all very hospitable and friendly to me. They may very well be low income, but I don't see them as a threat in any way.
The vast majority of people I’ve ever encountered in Las Vegas have treated me with kindness and decency. Regardless of color or socioeconomic group.

Of course there are tougher areas, and many folks don’t understand just how bad-ass this place can be. But I am proud to call myself a Las Vegan. Now, don’t go fecken telling anyone. You’ll ruin my rep.

Old 07-29-2018, 05:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NLVgal View Post
The vast majority of people I’ve ever encountered in Las Vegas have treated me with kindness and decency. Regardless of color or socioeconomic group.

Of course there are tougher areas, and many folks don’t understand just how bad-ass this place can be. But I am proud to call myself a Las Vegan. Now, don’t go fecken telling anyone. You’ll ruin my rep.
Also pleasantly surprised that the kindness and decency is prevalent among my co-workers as well.
That's a huge deal when you like the people you work with.

Hopefully I will earn the right to call myself a Las Vegan.

Old 07-29-2018, 06:37 PM

2,719 posts, read 3,492,086 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aqualung8705 View Post
My sister's first husband used to work at a car glass (repairing and tinting windows) shop. He once said that crime doesn't know a zip code.
......and it only takes a few minutes for a criminal to get to those "nicer part of town" and those areas have been in the news lately with home invasion and other crimes. Clark County is very compact and easy to drive around.

Old 07-29-2018, 06:37 PM

18,058 posts, read 10,357,659 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WisconsinVegasHeights View Post
Also pleasantly surprised that the kindness and decency is prevalent among my co-workers as well.
That's a huge deal when you like the people you work with.

Hopefully I will earn the right to call myself a Las Vegan.
Well it sounds like you are going to work out well and will be an asset to the community...

So welcome and enjoy. We came 20 years ago to give it a try and have happily remained.

Old 07-29-2018, 08:21 PM

3,393 posts, read 5,280,698 times
I am thinking that Henderson, NV is a relatively safe place. Thoughts?

Old 07-29-2018, 08:26 PM

18,058 posts, read 10,357,659 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay100 View Post
I am thinking that Henderson, NV is a relatively safe place. Thoughts?
Most of Las Vegas is relatively safe. The safest places basically are the places outside of the 215 and those within a few miles of it on the inside. Avoid the center city unless you know your way around.

Old 07-29-2018, 08:38 PM

3,393 posts, read 5,280,698 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lvmensch View Post
Most of Las Vegas is relatively safe. The safest places basically are the places outside of the 215 and those within a few miles of it on the inside. Avoid the center city unless you know your way around.
Thanks, I will use that info as a guide.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas