Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-29-2018, 09:11 PM

4,490 posts, read 3,932,406 times

Advertisements

Henderson was recently named Nevada's 2nd safest city.

https://www.reviewjournal.com/local/...d-safest-city/
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-29-2018, 10:27 PM

2 posts, read 1,311 times
I just moved from Anthem (south Henderson) because of the dramatic increase in crime over the last 2 years. My house was broken into twice. Drug houses and robberies was not what I had signed up for when I had purchased 7 years prior. In talking to Henderson PD, they believe it is members of California gangs moving into the community. I have since moved to the Summerlin/ Lone Mountain border and feel much more secure.

Old 07-29-2018, 10:39 PM

570 posts, read 560,882 times
Moved here from Texas a few months ago and so far Its been an good experience. Job wise could be better. Sometimes u just gotta take **** from people especially working in Green Valley at Terrible Herbst. Lol...

Old 07-29-2018, 11:24 PM

3,393 posts, read 5,280,698 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkeye212 View Post
I just moved from Anthem (south Henderson) because of the dramatic increase in crime over the last 2 years. My house was broken into twice. Drug houses and robberies was not what I had signed up for when I had purchased 7 years prior. In talking to Henderson PD, they believe it is members of California gangs moving into the community. I have since moved to the Summerlin/ Lone Mountain border and feel much more secure.
In viewing the crime map from page 1 of this thread, I noticed a high concentration of burglar masks all over LV. On google maps, Summerlin looks very nice and safe. Overall, I know Vegas is a great up and coming city. Far as the hoodlums/bulls/bums or whatever, they are everywhere across the US. My goal is to find a place where they are kept under control by the cops and aren't a factor.

Old 07-29-2018, 11:41 PM

927 posts, read 884,040 times
Quote:
Exactly! Everyone living in Henderson get out ASAP. Especially if you're zoned for Coronado.

Don't bother putting your homes up for rent. Just sell them. Bonus points if the home you're selling has a pool.

If you want a buyer, you better price it LOW. As Hawkeye212 said, this is the part of town with drug dealers and gang members.

You don't have to move to the NW. Just get out of Henderson.

Old 07-29-2018, 11:59 PM

2 posts, read 1,311 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 08grad View Post
Exactly! Everyone living in Henderson get out ASAP. Especially if you're zoned for Coronado.

Don't bother putting your homes up for rent. Just sell them. Bonus points if the home you're selling has a pool.

If you want a buyer, you better price it LOW. As Hawkeye212 said, this is the part of town with drug dealers and gang members.

I’m not saying it’s anything like the areas around Nellis, just that it’s going downhill. I’m only posting it as a warning for transplants to not buy in that area based on its past reputation.

BTW the house I sold was zoned for Liberty.

Old 07-30-2018, 12:06 AM

927 posts, read 884,040 times
Quote:
I’m not saying it’s anything like the areas around Nellis, just that it’s going downhill. I’m only posting it as a warning for transplants to not buy in that area based on its past reputation.

BTW the house I sold was zoned for Liberty.
Tell your neighbors to sell please. You don't want them staying in that dangerous neighborhood. Warn them that if they price too high, they'll scare off buyers.

Old 07-30-2018, 01:53 AM

2,753 posts, read 6,667,285 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarkcty View Post
......and it only takes a few minutes for a criminal to get to those "nicer part of town" and those areas have been in the news lately with home invasion and other crimes. Clark County is very compact and easy to drive around.

I remember a few months months back a woman and her daughter had their pickup truck shot at near UNLV. They were ok, put the perp headed up to Henderson and got away.

Old 07-30-2018, 06:50 AM

12,908 posts, read 28,001,815 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 08grad View Post

Definitely. Head to Northtown. Letter and number streets are super safe... the lower the number or higher the letter (1,A) the better. Most crime in the Northwest.

Old 07-30-2018, 07:11 AM

13,586 posts, read 13,125,198 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by airics View Post
Definitely. Head to Northtown. Letter and number streets are super safe... the lower the number or higher the letter (1,A) the better. Most crime in the Northwest.
I’m glad you left the Valley. Enjoy Florida. Scoop used to live there. You understand that “ North Town” now includes your properties, including the NW?

Superiority complexes are sickening.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas