Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-30-2018, 08:41 AM

12,908 posts, read 28,001,815 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NLVgal View Post
I’m glad you left the Valley. Enjoy Florida. Scoop used to live there. You understand that “ North Town” now includes your properties, including the NW?

Superiority complexes are sickening.
Why would you say that you are glad I left? I was continuing the joke referring to Henderson. I’m not naysaying anything.

Show me northtown. Not North Las Vegas.

Superiority?
Hmmm

Thanks but, that thread has a little too much fluff. I don't have time to sift through it. I just was looking for a more direct answer to my question. Michael seems to have provided a good resource.
Okay. I’ve only lived here for my entire adult life. I will defer to Michael’s link. I think he’s been here six months or so.

Last edited by airics; 07-30-2018 at 08:54 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-30-2018, 10:13 AM

1,030 posts, read 1,590,272 times
Crime can happen anywhere. Summerlin recently had a uptick in burglaries too. What you have to do is work towards not being a victim. That means a lot more that a couple of video cameras. It means spending some money and getting a good security screen door, long throw deadbolt locks as well as glass breakage sensors for the different room and a monitored alarm system. The reason for the security screen door is that many of the housing developments use a fiberglass type front door that is easy to kick in.

Also many burglars throw a rock through a window to see if anyone is home. You want the glass breakage alarm to go off then, not when they go inside and trip an infared sensor. Have your monitored alarm send you both texts and emails and phone calls from the alarm company. Recently the news reported a homeowner was burglarized but didn't have the messages coming to his phone properly so the burglars had their way with the place. Sometimes you can get texts or emails with wifi whereas you can't get a phone call or vice versa.

Don't park your cars outside at night park them in the garage. That way your vehicle can't be prowled and the burglar can't get to your garage door opener and subsequently your home.

Get to know your neighbors and tell them to call you at the time they see something suspicious, not the next day but when it's happening.

Old 07-30-2018, 10:38 AM

13,586 posts, read 13,125,198 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by airics View Post
Why would you say that you are glad I left? I was continuing the joke referring to Henderson. I’m not naysaying anything.

Show me northtown. Not North Las Vegas.

Superiority?
Hmmm

Thanks but, that thread has a little too much fluff. I don't have time to sift through it. I just was looking for a more direct answer to my question. Michael seems to have provided a good resource.
Okay. I’ve only lived here for my entire adult life. I will defer to Michael’s link. I think he’s been here six months or so.
Because you are happier in Florida? You and the missus finally caught a break. But sometimes, your comments hurt my feelings or tick me off because they come off as you thinking you are better than everyone else here. Particularly anyone who lives in North Las Vegas. I apologize if I came off too strong. I mean no harm.

Old 07-30-2018, 11:55 AM

15,867 posts, read 14,487,406 times
Either whatever database they use doesn't get a feed from Henderson, or Henderson the safest place in the world.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael2016 View Post
You should look this up here:

https://www.crimemapping.com

I think, that generally Summerlin and the RNP part of NW are the safest.
There should be other good spots as well.

Old 07-30-2018, 11:56 AM

23,224 posts, read 29,056,523 times
I find cemeteries to be pretty safe places to walk around, day or night! And nice greenery!

Old 07-30-2018, 12:12 PM

1,245 posts, read 1,829,220 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 08grad View Post
Exactly! Everyone living in Henderson get out ASAP. Especially if you're zoned for Coronado.

Don't bother putting your homes up for rent. Just sell them. Bonus points if the home you're selling has a pool.

If you want a buyer, you better price it LOW. As Hawkeye212 said, this is the part of town with drug dealers and gang members.

You don't have to move to the NW. Just get out of Henderson.
This is a much of baloney. The demand for housing in Anthem is high. I live there and the place is safe. 89044 has the highest per capital income in Clark County.

The demand for housing here is going to zoom in 2020 when the Raiders open their HQs a few miles away. I’m getting calls already wanting to know if I want to sell my house.

Old 07-30-2018, 12:20 PM

Quote:
I’m glad you left the Valley. Enjoy Florida. Scoop used to live there. You understand that “ North Town” now includes your properties, including the NW?

Superiority complexes are sickening.
Talking about Scoop, what is he up to these days.

Old 07-30-2018, 12:26 PM

2 posts, read 1,419 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bayview6 View Post
The demand for housing here is going to zoom in 2020 when the Raiders open their HQs a few miles away. I’m getting calls already wanting to know if I want to sell my house.
I would caution anyone who thinks the Raiders will have a significant impact on the neighborhoods immediately surrounding the facility. I live near the Cardinals facility in Tempe and it has no impact on the local real estate market. Teams employ far fewer people than most assume. The employment number put out include many low paid part-time workers.

Old 07-30-2018, 01:00 PM

12,908 posts, read 28,001,815 times
Quote:
Because you are happier in Florida? You and the missus finally caught a break. But sometimes, your comments hurt my feelings or tick me off because they come off as you thinking you are better than everyone else here. Particularly anyone who lives in North Las Vegas. I apologize if I came off too strong. I mean no harm.
I love north Las Vegas. Always have. We wanted badly to live at Aliante. Only reason we moved to Florida was my health worsened. My wife is much closer to her parents if something happens to me

Old 07-30-2018, 01:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johntheelectrician View Post
I would caution anyone who thinks the Raiders will have a significant impact on the neighborhoods immediately surrounding the facility. I live near the Cardinals facility in Tempe and it has no impact on the local real estate market. Teams employ far fewer people than most assume. The employment number put out include many low paid part-time workers.
Nice first post John. News for you. HQs very different than training camp. More news: 89044 different than Tempe AZ. We are talking about 150 good paying jobs plus players. I doubt that many will want to commute all the way from the other side of the Valley.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas