Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-09-2019, 04:06 PM

2 posts, read 1,070 times

Advertisements

Hi all,
We are thinking of moving to Las Vegas and looking for a manufactured home community. We specifically are looking for any that allow you to buy your own lot and put a home on it or else buy an existing home. We just do not want to pay lot fees or whatever they call them. Mainly because we do not golf, swim, or do any of the other recreational things that most of these places tout and charge whether you use them or not. I don't know if anything like this exists but many years ago when visiting a relative up in Ely NV. we came across a community that was like this. They had rather upscale manufactured and modular homes and had all the utilities so you did not have to sink a well, use solar, dig septic, etc. Short of that we would like to find one that just charged a moderate fee for the space without the "amenities". We know we can find land to put a home on but don't want to be out in the sticks or have to bring in water, power, sewage.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-09-2019, 05:33 PM

7,087 posts, read 8,636,118 times
You don’t swim?! How are you moving to somewhere nice like Vegas and you don’t swim? That sounds really boring.

Old 03-09-2019, 06:33 PM

18,058 posts, read 10,350,196 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dirkinnm View Post
Hi all,
We are thinking of moving to Las Vegas and looking for a manufactured home community. We specifically are looking for any that allow you to buy your own lot and put a home on it or else buy an existing home. We just do not want to pay lot fees or whatever they call them. Mainly because we do not golf, swim, or do any of the other recreational things that most of these places tout and charge whether you use them or not. I don't know if anything like this exists but many years ago when visiting a relative up in Ely NV. we came across a community that was like this. They had rather upscale manufactured and modular homes and had all the utilities so you did not have to sink a well, use solar, dig septic, etc. Short of that we would like to find one that just charged a moderate fee for the space without the "amenities". We know we can find land to put a home on but don't want to be out in the sticks or have to bring in water, power, sewage.
There are a few around. I do not know of one in LV that is actively promoting new build. But there are places already built. There is a large set at Rainbow and Craig running to the SE.

You may be able to find active build lots for sale in Pahrump. the utilities will vary all over the map though so you have to pay attention.

Old 03-10-2019, 09:28 AM

107 posts, read 138,558 times
Quote:
Hi all,

The mh subdivision I live in has all privately owned properties and there are some for sale. PM me if you'd like more info.

Old 03-10-2019, 10:05 AM

11 posts, read 12,390 times
There are quite a few in Henderson, but they are all crime infested and in awful areas. They include Alta Vista and Country Club Village. I would never suggest anyone live there though.

Old 03-10-2019, 11:22 AM

18,058 posts, read 10,350,196 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nvmama View Post
There are quite a few in Henderson, but they are all crime infested and in awful areas. They include Alta Vista and Country Club Village. I would never suggest anyone live there though.
Do not think those are fee simple ownership. Appear to be conventional mobile home parks.

One problem is that manufactured homes can be converted from manufactured homes to real estate where upon they will be listed as SFRs not MHs. That is pretty much standard at the development at Craig and Rainbow.

Old 03-10-2019, 11:41 AM

11 posts, read 12,390 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lvmensch View Post
Do not think those are fee simple ownership. Appear to be conventional mobile home parks.

One problem is that manufactured homes can be converted from manufactured homes to real estate where upon they will be listed as SFRs not MHs. That is pretty much standard at the development at Craig and Rainbow.
You are correct. I thought the lots were owned.

Very hard to find owned lots here like they have in AZ.

Old 03-11-2019, 03:59 PM

220 posts, read 141,062 times
Quote:
Hi all,

I can answer your question in one word..........Hendertucky!

Old 03-11-2019, 07:22 PM

661 posts, read 631,668 times
I drive past a MH subdivision on Cheyenne and Nellis Blvd on my way to base. It seems to be well established across from the AFB.

Old 03-25-2019, 10:28 AM

2 posts, read 1,070 times
Thanks all. we will check these out on our recon trip.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas