Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-18-2020, 07:59 PM

1,254 posts, read 1,058,351 times

Advertisements

Many on here posted that if Las Vegas fully reopens, it would not matter because barely anyone will come here. Perhaps we could look at what happened in Florida today for the answer? They just opened a beach that had been closed for a month. The beach is now packed. I looked through all the pictures and no one cares about social distancing nor is anyone wearing masks.

https://www.aol.com/article/news/202...ning/24026256/
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-18-2020, 08:16 PM

1,066 posts, read 891,772 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katie the heartbreaker View Post
Many on here posted that if Las Vegas fully reopens, it would not matter because barely anyone will come here. Perhaps we could look at what happened in Florida today for the answer? They just opened a beach that had been closed for a month. The beach is now packed. I looked through all the pictures and no one cares about social distancing nor is anyone wearing masks.

You think all those people came from out of state?

Old 04-18-2020, 08:32 PM

10,481 posts, read 25,280,890 times
Quote:

That is because, if you open it, they will come. Easy peasy.

Old 04-18-2020, 08:34 PM

2,413 posts, read 2,029,180 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by simply1 View Post
So it is only among Florida residents that
Quote:
no one cares about social distancing nor is anyone wearing masks.
Is this the point you were straining to make?

Old 04-18-2020, 08:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by simply1 View Post

I am simply using it as a barometer for the nation. Protests are now erupting all over the world with these lockdowns, and people have had enough. People want to be able to go out and enjoy themselves. I cannot think of a better place to do that than Las Vegas.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PinkString View Post
That is because, if you open it, they will come. Easy peasy.

Old 04-18-2020, 08:50 PM

2,880 posts, read 2,806,015 times
I commend the brave Republicans putting themselves on the frontline and liberating their states. I would never volunteer to enlist in such a risky activity myself, ignoring the science of social distancing and erasing any progress we may have made. I admire their attitude of "I'm gonna die someday anyway".

I sincerely hope it turns out well and that my understanding of the matter is completely wrong.

Old 04-18-2020, 09:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OmegaSupreme View Post
I commend the brave Republicans putting themselves on the frontline and liberating their states. I would never volunteer to enlist in such a risky activity myself, ignoring the science of social distancing and erasing any progress we may have made. I admire their attitude of "I'm gonna die someday anyway".

I sincerely hope it turns out well and that my understanding of the matter is completely wrong.

The left/right BS needs to stop. I had been a democrat my entire life and still saw through this fraud right from the start. Our biggest voice in the state against the shutdown, Mayor Goodman, is also a democrat. This is now about common sense, not left/right.

Old 04-18-2020, 09:07 PM
EA

6,791 posts, read 7,114,751 times
This whole shut down has screwed up my schedule. I saw that there was a protest here on Saturday. I was like hell yeah I'm going to that tomorrow.
Went to put it in my calendar and saw that it was already Saturday and that the article was about the protest that already happened and not one that's coming up.

Open my damn city back up!!!

Old 04-18-2020, 09:13 PM

1,066 posts, read 891,772 times
Quote:
I am simply using it as a barometer for the nation. Protests are now erupting all over the world with these lockdowns, and people have had enough. People want to be able to go out and enjoy themselves. I cannot think of a better place to do that than Las Vegas.

The protest sites were all organized by one person in Florida, astroturfing. Crazy how easily people are misled.

Old 04-18-2020, 09:14 PM

2,880 posts, read 2,806,015 times
Quote:
The left/right BS needs to stop. I had been a democrat my entire life and still saw through this fraud right from the start. Our biggest voice in the state against the shutdown, Mayor Goodman, is also a democrat. This is now about common sense, not left/right.
Too late, the country is way past that. Together we stand, divided
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
View detailed profiles of: