Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-15-2020, 10:02 PM
EA

6,791 posts, read 7,120,926 times

Advertisements

Went to go to Target today.
Line all the way down the sidewalk filled with people 2 feet or less apart.
Went to Albertsons. Same thing.
Went to Walmart. Same thing.

So if I stand in a line with a bunch of people I won't catch corona. But if I am inside with those same people I will absolutely catch corona and die.

I wish people could logic and critically think.

I refuse to stand in line so I went to Smiths. Walked right in.
People had more distance between them than anyone in any of the lines I have seen.

But I did see some stupid a$$ S#!+

Woman in a mask, bare hands, touches every single watermelon on the display. Then taps each one. Then starts tapping random ones.
Her doofy husband, also in a mask, plays drums on every fruit in the whole display.

Everyone was on their phone at some point. So they touched a bunch of crap everyone else touched and then touched the thing they never wash, put on their face, and touch constantly.

If corona was a fraction as contagious as they said, the entire country would be infected and 30 million would be dead already.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-15-2020, 10:38 PM

1,927 posts, read 1,058,824 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EA View Post

So if I stand in a line with a bunch of people I won't catch corona. But if I am inside with those same people I will absolutely catch corona and die.

I wish people could logic and critically think.

I refuse to stand in line so I went to Smiths. Walked right in.
People had more distance between them than anyone in any of the lines I have seen.

But I did see some stupid a$$ S#!+

Woman in a mask, bare hands, touches every single watermelon on the display. Then taps each one. Then starts tapping random ones.
Her doofy husband, also in a mask, plays drums on every fruit in the whole display.

Everyone was on their phone at some point. So they touched a bunch of crap everyone else touched and then touched the thing they never wash, put on their face, and touch constantly.

If corona was a fraction as contagious as they said, the entire country would be infected and 30 million would be dead already.
The constant wretching over the infectiousness of this thing defies all logic.

The same people vulnerable to this could easily have succumbed to influenza A and nobody would blink an eye over it.

Old 04-15-2020, 11:27 PM

395 posts, read 272,956 times
Once the Western Bloc (California, Washington etc) decide to start re-opening,
Las Vegas will do the same. Sort of inevitable.

Old 04-16-2020, 12:07 AM

2,724 posts, read 4,765,438 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EA View Post
They're shopping for TP (...or lottery tickets) with 12 freshly printed hundred dollar bills in their pockets.

Old 04-16-2020, 12:09 AM
EA

6,791 posts, read 7,120,926 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eventusstultorummagister View Post
They're shopping for TP (...or lottery tickets) with 12 freshly printed hundred dollar bills in their pockets.

The line thing started days ago.
The people everywhere started about 2 days after the lockdown.

Old 04-16-2020, 12:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eventusstultorummagister View Post
Nevada doesn't have a lottery.

Old 04-16-2020, 12:25 PM

2,413 posts, read 2,032,119 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by equid0x View Post
Something like 60K-70K die on any given bad flu year....
1,000+ dead just in NY yesterday, 2,700+ in the US. It is going to be worse than a bad flu year.

Old 04-16-2020, 01:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cold Warrior View Post
1,000+ dead just in NY yesterday, 2,700+ in the US. It is going to be worse than a bad flu year.
Source?

CDC data shows 1919 Total deaths from COVID-19 for New York State and 4,483 for New York City as of 4/11, which is the latest report.

https://www.cdc.gov/nchs/nvss/vsrr/COVID19/

NYC data show 13 deaths for 4/15 which is the latest data available, although probably incomplete. The last day that looks any semblance of complete is 4/13 with 279 reported deaths from COVID-19.

https://www1.nyc.gov/site/doh/covid/covid-19-data.page

Again, an average of 440 people die in NYC every single day of the year. Your numbers don't add up.

I also wish to point out that we are nowhere near NYC. Something like 2400 miles away. We may as well be living in a completely different country if not even a different continent. Viral outbreaks are regional.

Old 04-16-2020, 01:29 PM

779 posts, read 472,555 times
Quote:
Source?

CDC data shows 1919 Total deaths from COVID-19 for New York State and 4,483 for New York City as of 4/11, which is the latest report.

NYC data show 13 deaths for 4/15 which is the latest data available, although probably incomplete. The last day that looks any semblance of complete is 4/13 with 279 reported deaths from COVID-19.

Again, an average of 440 people die in NYC every single day of the year. Your numbers don't add up.

I also wish to point out that we are nowhere near NYC. Something like 2400 miles away. We may as well be living in a completely different country if not even a different continent. Viral outbreaks are regional.
https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/country/us/

Old 04-16-2020, 02:14 PM

12,908 posts, read 28,004,431 times
Quote:
Source?

1919 for New York State and 4483 for New York City.... isn't New York City in New York State?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
View detailed profiles of: