Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-29-2020, 10:12 PM

1,254 posts, read 1,059,283 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaryoVilla View Post
The school is great here as well, my kids high school just rated #1 high school in our city, 100% grad rate for the past 4 years since it opened. Meanwhile, in Las Vegas, lol bbbawahahahahaha, worst education I've ever seen.
Quote:
Originally Posted by lvmensch View Post
There are CCSD high schools with 100% or close to it graduation rates. Ad Tech off the top of my head. And I suspect the College High Schools and Coronado are not far off.

To be fair, Texas at 93% does have a higher graduation rate than Nevada at 88%. But we are no where near the worst which would be Arizona and New Mexico at 74%.

https://www.usnews.com/education/bes...rates-by-state
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-29-2020, 10:39 PM

18,058 posts, read 10,354,091 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katie the heartbreaker View Post
To be fair, Texas at 93% does have a higher graduation rate than Nevada at 88%. But we are no where near the worst which would be Arizona and New Mexico at 74%.

https://www.usnews.com/education/bes...rates-by-state
He is describing a school not an overall number. So to refute the point all you need is a school. Ad Tech does it.

Old 04-29-2020, 11:01 PM

1,254 posts, read 1,059,283 times
Quote:
He is describing a school not an overall number. So to refute the point all you need is a school. Ad Tech does it.

I was disputing this.

Quote:
Meanwhile, in Las Vegas, lol bbbawahahahahaha, worst education I've ever seen.

The link I posted shows that Nevada has 14 high schools with a 100% graduation rate, while Texas has 260. Texas has nearly 10 times the population of Nevada, so that needs to be taken into consideration.

Old 04-29-2020, 11:19 PM

929 posts, read 399,648 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OmegaSupreme View Post
Yes, I have many friends that also avoid crazy people at all costs.
Pretty sure there are way more crazy liberals than crazy people like me. If standing up for this great nation, protecting the future of this country and our future generation, believing in God, 2A, faith, family and laws of this country--if thats all crazy to you then please don't get near me.

Old 04-29-2020, 11:20 PM

Quote:
They are still carried as Hispanic. And note that these days the vast majority of the illegal alien's kids are natural born US Citizens.
Which they shouldn't be...parents illegal and broke our law, kids shouldn't get a pass.

Old 04-29-2020, 11:24 PM

1,066 posts, read 892,612 times
Quote:
Pretty sure there are way more crazy liberals than crazy people like me. If standing up for this great nation, protecting the future of this country and our future generation, believing in God, 2A, faith, family and laws of this country--if thats all crazy to you then please don't get near me.
I think you meant presidential grifting and sucking the coffers of our great nation dry.

Old 04-29-2020, 11:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by simply1 View Post
I think you meant presidential grifting and sucking the coffers of our great nation dry.
Who is that? Pelosi or Schumer or AOC? $25M to Kennedy Center, who has laid off people and has nothing to do with pandemic...lol what a freaking joke!

Old 04-29-2020, 11:38 PM

Quote:
There are CCSD high schools with 100% or close to it graduation rates. Ad Tech off the top of my head. And I suspect the College High Schools and Coronado are not far off.
Thats good but lets be honest, CCSD is a shambles and out of budget...

I was so surprise to learn that the school my younger son (7 yrs old) go to offers free summer classes and free meals.

Old 04-30-2020, 03:51 AM

927 posts, read 883,864 times
Quote:
That's because the career and technical academies only accept students with above a 2.0 GPA and kick anyone out if they are not on track to graduate.

And even with the ability to do this, only 5/8 score better than the average school in the state of Kentucky, who test all of their students. Southeast CTA, East CTA, and Veterans CTA all have averages below 20.

Quote:
The school is great here as well, my kids high school just rated #1 high school in our city, 100% grad rate for the past 4 years since it opened.
Have you not been paying attention to education the past 20 years? Everyone graduates. The job security of principals is dependent on lowering suspension rates and increasing graduation rates. All requirements to pass any tests demonstrating any sort of subject matter competency have been eliminated.

Every school in CCSD has a graduation rate above 85% - the behavior schools are the only exception. Sunrise Mountain has a 96.1% graduation rate with a whopping 14.3 average ACT.

Old 04-30-2020, 08:51 AM

4,857 posts, read 7,611,888 times
What a bizarre thread. Started as dramatic "VEGAS IS FINISHED!"

Now it's how many Hispanics are enrolled in Texas schools.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas