Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-23-2020, 02:16 PM

1,086 posts, read 745,106 times

Advertisements

Schedule released for the "2020-2021" season which starts in January of 2021. Go Knights go!

You think the Knights will have any fans at home games this season? If so, when? If so, how many?

Knights Link
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-24-2020, 04:51 PM

23 posts, read 20,381 times
and Go PENS Go!!

Old 12-26-2020, 10:24 AM

6,746 posts, read 3,361,971 times
Having fans will depend on what the Gov says. I believe Foley said it's either all or nothing, so if I had to guess I would say probably no fans this season. I doubt Sisolak is going to allow 100% capacity anytime soon.

I'd like to see the VGK change TV stations so the games would be available to those that have Dish/DirecTV without paying for an extra sports package. We have DirecTV and while I like it, more or less, it's getting kind of expensive. I might look at Cox after this contract expires but I'm hesitant to do that and not sure how much it would really save.

Old 12-26-2020, 10:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camaro5 View Post
Having fans will depend on what the Gov says. I believe Foley said it's either all or nothing, so if I had to guess I would say probably no fans this season. I doubt Sisolak is going to allow 100% capacity anytime soon.

I'd like to see the VGK change TV stations so the games would be available to those that have Dish/DirecTV without paying for an extra sports package. We have DirecTV and while I like it, more or less, it's getting kind of expensive. I might look at Cox after this contract expires but I'm hesitant to do that and not sure how much it would really save.
Oh that's a bummer. Do you have to pay for the NHL package on Direct? We are moving over in '21 so need to think about these things.

Old 12-26-2020, 10:48 AM

6,746 posts, read 3,361,971 times
Well it's not the NHL package, per se. That would be Center Ice which is for out of market games. To get VGK games on DirecTV you have to get their SportsPak which includes the AT&T Rocky Mtn. channel the VGK are on. Games on that channel are blacked out on Center Ice. I'm not sure what tier/package you have to get with Cox.

I'm a lifelong Blackhawks fan and subscribe to NHL TV that I get on my Roku. I have the one-team subscription and it's about $90 for the season. If any games are on the networks (NBCSN, NHL Network, NBC) they get blacked out. Also when the Hawks play Vegas (here or in Chicago) they get blacked out on Roku and I have to watch on the AT&T RM channel.

It really is a goofy setup the NHL has and they couldn't make it more complicated if they tried.

Old 01-24-2021, 07:25 PM

Nice start to the season with a 5-1 start. The schedule gets tougher starting Tuesday with the Blues! Go Knights Go!

Old 02-24-2021, 03:53 PM

Panda v. Flower

Who should be the primary goalie this year?

Old 02-25-2021, 02:29 AM

7,087 posts, read 8,629,910 times
It was a mistake to sign Lehner. He’s a very good goaltender but they are spending $12M on goaltending and now Fleury is having a career year. This is so awkward... and Lehner has stunk so far, I am just giving him the benefit of the doubt for the small sample size but right now, I’d give anything to trade him and be rid of the contract.

Old 02-25-2021, 07:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonathanLB View Post
It was a mistake to sign Lehner. He’s a very good goaltender but they are spending $12M on goaltending and now Fleury is having a career year. This is so awkward... and Lehner has stunk so far, I am just giving him the benefit of the doubt for the small sample size but right now, I’d give anything to trade him and be rid of the contract.
Agreed. Unfortunately I don't think Lehner has much trade value until he starts playing well again. Hopefully that happens.

It's nice for Fleury to bounce back like this though. Hopefully that continues!

Those games against the Avalanche looked totally different than most of the rest of the games this season. Two top level teams playing high level hockey. Was fun to watch!

Old 02-25-2021, 07:56 AM

Oh ya, and bummer game postponed tonight due to Sharks having Covid issue.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas