Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-01-2008, 01:54 PM

2,404 posts, read 10,688,069 times

Advertisements

the thing about inspirada is that with the economy going the way its going, how do you know shopping will really be built and all those plans are proposed, so how do you know this park is going in and that amphitheater is...

we lived in seven hills 5 years ago, there are still neighborhoods not sold out (on the course) and things not finished as planned...there was supposed to be a shopping center in the southern end, but the homeowners opposed it for some reason, now you have to schlep to Eastern, but wait the only two ways out are through school zones...what a bummer, lol...it is still pretty much in the middle of nowhere and if you want to get someplace, get ready for lots of traffic...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-01-2008, 03:07 PM

285 posts, read 785,358 times
The project was a looser as soon as the developer over-paid for the land. From memory, including infrastucture costs, the figure was something close to $600,000/acre which was difficult for a large housing development to pencil back then. Once the market turned, it was all over. They tried to do the high density "city feel" but was too late by then.

Old 07-01-2008, 06:57 PM

104 posts, read 376,232 times
From when I was there a few weeks back I don't remember seeing any signs of this. All the streets were clean, the pool was nice, the neighborhood seemed very nice and safe. For a vacation home I kind of liked the fact that it was a bit isolated from everything else but you're right it kind of is on it's own island and that probably won't change in the near future.

If the state of the community doesn't go downhill I think I would like it for a vacation home but good points about the resale value. And if it does become a ghost town in a few years it will be a moneypit. No way to tell if that will happen but probably a better chance at Inspirada than Mtn's edge...

Old 07-01-2008, 10:00 PM

15,756 posts, read 38,208,368 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aqua Bliss View Post
From when I was there a few weeks back I don't remember seeing any signs of this. All the streets were clean, the pool was nice, the neighborhood seemed very nice and safe. For a vacation home I kind of liked the fact that it was a bit isolated from everything else but you're right it kind of is on it's own island and that probably won't change in the near future.

If the state of the community doesn't go downhill I think I would like it for a vacation home but good points about the resale value. And if it does become a ghost town in a few years it will be a moneypit. No way to tell if that will happen but probably a better chance at Inspirada than Mtn's edge...
There is little probability of it becoming a ghost town. More likely it will be built at higher densities and lower price points.

The problem is that it will sit in a partial state for a long time. Maybe five years or more. Than, in the next residental boom it will build out.

It is not in the distant boonies. It has reasonable access to Las Vegas. Better than many places in Anthem and likely to improve over the years.

I too think there are much better choices...and I would ignore the "Inspirada Model". When all this is over it will simply be another tract set...but if you like what is there now go for it. More chance the particular tract will end up a collectors item than everyone will walk away...

Old 07-02-2008, 12:02 AM

Thanks Olecapt for the feedback, your opinion on it does make me feel a bit more secure and if it pans out somewhat like you presume I think it will work just fine for my wife and I.

You mention you think there are much better choices. Can you give a couple examples of what you think would be a better area in the SW or SE? We really have a liking for SE / Green Valley / District area and our price point is just under 200k, that's why we were looking at Inspirada condos.

We are headed up from OC to LV on Thursday night for the weekend and would be grateful if you could give some suggestions on where to look since we would like to make an offer this weekend on a property if we see something we really like. Prefer new construction or built to order but doesn't have to be if the neighborhood is nice (we just like the kitchen living room layouts much better in the new construction).

Thanks again!

Old 07-02-2008, 04:28 PM

22 posts, read 122,807 times
After coming close to walking away from the deal, we recently closed on a homn in Inspirada. Our original sales contract was signed in November and there were significant price decreases durning building. In the end, the builder (KB) honored all price decreases and our incentives remained intact.

So far we are very happy with the house, and the location is not "way out there" as some have mentioned. We are 4 minutes away from the Eastern/St. Rose intersection and my "door to door" commute to the south strip area is a consistent 20 minutes.

Sure development is not happening at the pace as first expected. But in the end, I'd rather live in an area that was developed slowly rather than during times of wild speculation.

Old 07-02-2008, 08:50 PM

Hi David thanks for the info finally an Inspirada resident posted...!

I sent you a PM as well...

Old 07-28-2008, 05:30 AM

1 posts, read 2,113 times
[quote=Aqua Bliss;4318847]Hi David thanks for the info finally an Inspirada resident posted...!

Hi everyone, (just stumbled across this site)

My wife and i almost signed a contract at providence last month.

We're in vegas 3 or 4 times a year. Thinking of moving down in 4 years.
(from nyc area)

Inspirada has caught our attention. Gonna take a good look next month when we get down. (never looked around on that side of town)

Any thoughts/ comparisons on the two communities?....thanks

Old 07-28-2010, 10:58 AM

4 posts, read 17,794 times
Any recent feedback if Inspirada is still a good or bad buy? Your feedback is much appreciated. thank you

Old 07-28-2010, 05:17 PM

3,728 posts, read 9,475,380 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inspirada buyer View Post
Any recent feedback if Inspirada is still a good or bad buy? Your feedback is much appreciated. thank you
We have a poster (plaster3) who provided us with updates about this community (he/she lives there)

//www.city-data.com/forum/las-v...an-update.html

Hope this helps you, good luck!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas