Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-26-2008, 09:14 AM

307 posts, read 928,000 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by airics View Post
you're right.. its a bargain now.... so what is your point? do you come on this forum just to ridicule the people that unfortunately bought in 05 and 06 (like myself)? so where is the best place to live Mr. Genius? I guess everything is all rosy in your neck of the woods.. except wait, in nyc, noone can even afford a piece of property.. always wanted to live in the filth of that big city.
Touched a nerve I guess.

Been to NYC lately?

Real estate prices have held up well.

Safest big city in the country.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-26-2008, 09:40 AM

3,728 posts, read 9,475,380 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SHEPNYC View Post
Touched a nerve I guess.

Been to NYC lately?

Real estate prices have held up well.

Safest big city in the country.
Hey, you can't sell me that garbage...I'm a ex-NYC'er...and I visit often enough to thank the man above for delivering me from evil so long ago....

After the Californian's who do you think makes up the most transplanted people here in Las Vegas...

All the EX-New Yorkers...

Old 08-26-2008, 10:20 AM

2,753 posts, read 6,666,553 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SHEPNYC View Post
"What do you care, you don't live here"

You don't have to live there to know what's going on.
We get lots of trolls on here, posting "the truth."

Prove to us that that you're not one.

Old 08-26-2008, 10:39 AM

What I don't understand is that all these doom and gloomers come on here posting this and posting that about how bad the home prices are....

Don't they realize they are talking to a small segment of the population here?

For the people who came here to live and had planned to stay a while, to work, raise a family, etc....the market is not the end of the world. While a lot of the newbie transplants probably bought their homes for more than what they can sell it NOW for, I should think most were/are planning to stay here anyway ...

And for a lot of us, who have been here a while and bought so long ago, well before the boom..anything we could get for our houses now would be a fortune!

Old 08-26-2008, 10:40 AM

23,861 posts, read 24,115,793 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by airics View Post
where was the house at?
North end of Decatur, in LV (not NLV).

Old 08-26-2008, 10:46 AM
jpk

531 posts, read 1,864,008 times
It's kinda retarded to only discuss one side of the story to make it doom and gloom. The flip side is that there has been massive sales volume of resales and people who were priced out of homes just a few years ago can now afford to buy. No stories being written about folks who managed their money responsibly, saved for a real down payment rather than using 0% down loans, then woke up in 2008 to find they could afford a better house than they imagined.

Old 08-26-2008, 10:49 AM

Finally, someone sensible to recognize what a buyers market it is, not only here in Las Vegas but in other cities as well where the recession has hit.

People who want to LIVE here, might be able to now....

Nicely said jpk....

Old 08-26-2008, 10:57 AM

2,753 posts, read 6,666,553 times
Only if it's on the west side of North Decatur. If you're on the east side, you're in NLV. There's an easy way to which city tou're in. If the street sign is green or brown, you're in Vegas. If the sign is blue, you're in NLV.

It's that simple.

Old 08-26-2008, 03:16 PM

10,447 posts, read 49,662,314 times
Airics, it appears that you and I are in the same boat. But I didnt get as mad at that guy as you did. We are all hurting and so far under water that we have already drowned. Some times I want to scream and sometimes I say what you just did: S*** happens. But that S*** is no comfort when in addition to the price deterioration, you have massive job losses and business - some who been open for decades, can no longer keep the doors open.

If your not in the health care racket your job is likely at risk.

I agree with you that NYC is a filthy hell hole. I would rather live in the woods with no shelter then live in that place. Im not going to get mad at that OP but I do wonder his motivation for posting what he did.

And to set him straight on another thing...there are no bargains here. That $500K home in 2004 that is now selling for $250K might look like a bargain but next year when its only worth $150K it might not look like a bargain anymore. It will be among the ranks of the foreclosure list with the big yellow placard in the front window with all the rest of them.

Old 08-26-2008, 03:34 PM

23,861 posts, read 24,115,793 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by swagger View Post
North end of Decatur, in LV (not NLV).
I just looked it up on Zillow, and according to the information they have, the property was sold in May for just under $137k. That's less than half what they offered it to us for back in November. I don't know what Zillow's info really means, though - it could just be the date that the bank officially took it over or something. It sure does raise an eyebrow, though.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas