Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-07-2009, 04:20 PM

1,030 posts, read 1,589,910 times

Advertisements

Might I suggest Seven Hills. It is near St Rose Hospital which although I am not in the Hospital business, it looks like a newer Hospital. Try checking out zillow.com to see the streets. Seven Hills has many parks and great walking trails within minutes of your home. I have two homes there so I am kind of biased. Feel free to PM me if you would like more information and I would be glad to share what I know.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-23-2010, 11:35 AM

1 posts, read 2,904 times
We are thinking of purchasing in Alliante...any suggestions or comments?

Old 04-23-2010, 04:43 PM

7 posts, read 12,995 times
I'm surprised no one suggested the SW. I am strictly looking in the S/SW... NW just feels so far from everything. I haven't even considered NW or NE (or Aliante)... I am looking in the SW and prices are much much higher...

I could probably get a house twice as big or a twice as large lot in the NW than I will be getting in the SW (for the same price)... but, then again... it's all about location for me. The Mountains Edge community and surrounding area's look awesome! Its just the better deals seem to be out North...

I've been told that home values in the SW are expected to rise much more quickly than the values in the North (west/east) and that the SW is really the hot spot right now... It would explain why all the crazy competition I am facing right now...

Thoughts?

Old 04-23-2010, 05:00 PM

15,756 posts, read 38,208,368 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KladKain View Post
I'm surprised no one suggested the SW. I am strictly looking in the S/SW... NW just feels so far from everything. I haven't even considered NW or NE (or Aliante)... I am looking in the SW and prices are much much higher...

I could probably get a house twice as big or a twice as large lot in the NW than I will be getting in the SW (for the same price)... but, then again... it's all about location for me. The Mountains Edge community and surrounding area's look awesome! Its just the better deals seem to be out North...

I've been told that home values in the SW are expected to rise much more quickly than the values in the North (west/east) and that the SW is really the hot spot right now... It would explain why all the crazy competition I am facing right now...

Thoughts?
On a time basis Mountain Edge is further from the mid strip than is the NW.

It is also vastly less developed. It will also recover slower as it is the new build that is not going to occur for a few years yet.

I would think the SW a gamble. I know of no factors that would make it appreciate more than the NW. I would in fact expect them to be close. The big rub is that it is so incomplete...and there is no rational way to tell how it gets finished.

I would think your argument might hold a bit for Southern Highslands....but not for Mountains Edge.

Old 04-23-2010, 05:29 PM

7 posts, read 12,995 times
Why are the prices so much more expensive in the SW than the NW? I've got friends that made offers on 160k houses and had zero competition. (much bigger houses and lots) I'm competing with 10-50 people every time I make a similar bid. I'm comparing.. Blue Diamond and Durango area against.. something like 95N and Durango. Or even Aliante for that matter.

Old 04-23-2010, 05:38 PM

7 posts, read 31,163 times
Default He he he he he he

The best place? Anywhere not in this state.

Old 04-24-2010, 01:10 AM

177 posts, read 357,213 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by olecapt View Post
On a time basis Mountain Edge is further from the mid strip than is the NW.

It is also vastly less developed. It will also recover slower as it is the new build that is not going to occur for a few years yet.

I would think the SW a gamble. I know of no factors that would make it appreciate more than the NW. I would in fact expect them to be close. The big rub is that it is so incomplete...and there is no rational way to tell how it gets finished.

I would think your argument might hold a bit for Southern Highslands....but not for Mountains Edge.
I would say the part of the SW will appreciate more than the Northwest.
I am talking about the area West of Decatur, South of Sahara, North of Hacienda, and East of Durango. I don't know how you guys call this area, but to me it is called Spring Valley. I need to separate this area from the rest of the SW bacause anywhere south of Hacienda is so incomplete. Spring Valley is about 15 minutes away from the strip and the airport. It is very near interstate 15 and the beltway so you have quick freeway access. In Spring Valley we have different kinds of supermarkets, shops, and restaurants. American, Chinese, Japanese, Korean, Thai, Filipino stores are all nearby. Also, if you live near Tropicana, Flamingo, or Sahara you have 24 hours bus service to the strip.
This area has so much to offer, so I am not surprised if it will bounce back faster than other parts of the valley.

Old 04-24-2010, 01:26 AM

2,724 posts, read 4,764,554 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KladKain View Post
I've been told that home values in the SW are expected to rise much more quickly than...
Thoughts?

Old 04-24-2010, 09:56 AM

15,756 posts, read 38,208,368 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mresort View Post
I would say the part of the SW will appreciate more than the Northwest.
I am talking about the area West of Decatur, South of Sahara, North of Hacienda, and East of Durango. I don't know how you guys call this area, but to me it is called Spring Valley. I need to separate this area from the rest of the SW bacause anywhere south of Hacienda is so incomplete. Spring Valley is about 15 minutes away from the strip and the airport. It is very near interstate 15 and the beltway so you have quick freeway access. In Spring Valley we have different kinds of supermarkets, shops, and restaurants. American, Chinese, Japanese, Korean, Thai, Filipino stores are all nearby. Also, if you live near Tropicana, Flamingo, or Sahara you have 24 hours bus service to the strip.
This area has so much to offer, so I am not surprised if it will bounce back faster than other parts of the valley.
Spring Valley is quite nice as is that general area. It was not hit very hard in the bust and is not competitive with the far SW or NW when it comes to recovery.

There are many such places...89134, 89128,89012, 89130...They simply have not been hit as hard, are older and will recover much more slowly...from a good bit higher price range.

Old 04-24-2010, 10:46 AM

12,908 posts, read 27,998,514 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mbarlass View Post
We are thinking of purchasing in Alliante...any suggestions or comments?
very nice area, i am close to that. what are the cross streets or the subdivision you are looking at? if you are looking in the 200-250 range, there is one coming on the market in my division
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas