Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-17-2011, 02:25 PM

1 posts, read 2,471 times

Advertisements

My husband and I live in Rhodes Ranch, and bought our home in July 2008, near the bottom of the real estate crash. We bought a foreclosed home, and got what we thought was a great deal. Our home is on the golf course, and has a great view. It's a beautiful home, and we had hoped to stay here for a long time. Unfortunately, our bliss has been ruined by a neighbor who does not seem to be able to follow ANY of the rules set out by our HOA. Now, I understand that there are a LOT of rules in an HOA community, but you agree to follow those rules when you agree to live there, either as a homeowner or a renter. And it SHOULD be the responsibility of the HOA to respond to those who do not follow the rules and ensure that they do.
After almost three years of dealing with the Rhodes Ranch HOA, we are no closer to a resolution of the problems with our neighbors than we were in August 2008. They leave dog waste in their yard for weeks at a time, don't pull their weeds, dump cigarette butts in the yard, leave trash all over the place, keep their dogs outside barking all day - I could go on. Despite numerous phone calls, letters, emails, and photos sent to the HOA, nothing has been done. The problems go on. My hope is that by reading this, I can save someone else the problems we have had. Don't be fooled - the HOA does NOT do their job in Rhodes Ranch. Don't expect your neighbors to follow the HOA rules. Why should they? The HOA doesn't enforce them. If you have a choice, live somewhere else, not in Rhodes Ranch.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-07-2014, 07:04 PM

1 posts, read 1,890 times
is it safe outside the gates? How are the schools in that area?

Old 04-08-2014, 01:14 AM

6,385 posts, read 11,878,943 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skinnyminny243 View Post
is it safe outside the gates? How are the schools in that area?
Schools are said to be relatively good, all newer. Its still public schools in Clark County so you can't get overly excited about them.

Neighborhood outside the gates is fine, not fully developed with housing yet but getting there. Decent variety of retail nearby. Close to a lot of new business park development so easy commutes for those working out that way.

Old 04-09-2014, 03:34 PM

1,410 posts, read 3,318,048 times
We went thru Rhodes Ranch a few weeks ago as there was a new home development there and you could get thru the gates. The front entry is absolutely beautiful. Drove down the boulevards and they were done nicely. The water park was fantastic. Then we turned down one of the side streets, where the homes are, and couldn't believe how depressing it was. House after house stacked up almost against each other and everyone's ugly broadcast dish installed on the front of their house.

Old 04-11-2014, 09:57 PM

123 posts, read 183,130 times
they said its 7k homes in completion, thats alot

Old 04-13-2014, 10:25 PM

25 posts, read 38,353 times
We looked at Rhodes Ranch...ended up buying in Mountainsedge. We liked RR, but felt we got a better value in ME.

Old 04-19-2014, 04:13 AM

4 posts, read 5,902 times
I live in Rhodes Ranch and I really like it. As others have stated, your monthly HOA fee covers the waterpark, playground, gym, etc at the clubhouse. I have lived here a year and actually very rarely use the facilities, but we don't have kids. Even so, I'm definitely satisfied with living here overall. It's quiet but friendly. Lots of people walking, jogging, walking their dogs all the time, because you feel very safe and the grounds are always perfectly maintained and clean. The HOA rules get on my nerves sometimes, but that's most of Vegas anyway. And it can get congested at the main gate because it seems like 90% of people use the main gate. I don't know if people realize there are other gates, or if it's just because that one is the easiest access heading to/from the highway. Even visitors can use the gate on Ft Apache. Most of the time, that one has no waiting or lines at all.

I'm glad I don't live in Summerlin, the traffic is too high for my tastes there. If we moved to another house in Vegas, I might consider the south end of Henderson/Green Valley, just because I like so many restaurants out there, but everything is so spread out in Vegas, there's really no perfect area, for me. I like living a bit out on the fringe of things.

Old 02-08-2018, 09:06 AM

9 posts, read 10,016 times
2018 ... Before buying here I would check thefalls.life, the BOD here has run amok, but hopes are up that we can change the BOD and restore this place to gem it was in the past .

Old 02-12-2018, 03:16 PM

2,536 posts, read 2,734,969 times
Looks like a nice area but kind of pricey. I'm surprised the HOA is so low with that water park there and the liability insurance.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas