Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-29-2011, 08:23 PM

10,494 posts, read 27,241,410 times

Advertisements

[quote=dynimagelv;21912073]
Quote:
Originally Posted by las vegas drunk View Post
VON949, please tell me you did not partake in this which was recently reported in Afghanistan.

QUOTE]

assuming that this clip shows what it SAYS it shows, this is the MOST inappropriate post that I have EVER seen in my life.

Being a lush does NOT forgive bad manners or poor taste.
Sorry, the link did not post. I saw it on RT and googled it. Hopefully this works.

US soldiers beating a sheep to appease Afghans? - YouTube

Old 11-29-2011, 08:26 PM

12,686 posts, read 36,352,317 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by las Vegas drunk View Post
If you want to see a sad story, this is it. Such a pretty young lady too, what a shame. I hope she recovers.

Family of teen struck by car on Lone Mountain Road speaks out - www.ktnv.com
Whenever this happens, to a kid especially, it really makes me sad. But I agree with Richard, the guy who wrote the next to last letter on this Road Warrior column. What he is saying is exactly what I've been saying since I first moved to Nevada in the 60's, and I couldn't have said it better. The "Pedestrian has the right of way" law causes all these pedestrian deaths because it is so misunderstood.

With turkey gone, it's time for beefs from you - News - ReviewJournal.com

Today we went out just as the school down the street was letting out. Cars were lined up in all four directions trying to get through the intersection, but the kids just kept horsing around in the middle of the street and they just kept coming. None of them had enough sense to stop and let a few cars go, so one lady just weaved through them anyway. Someone would start to go and kids would purposely run out in front of them. I was caught in the middle of the intersection and none of these brats would stop and let me proceed.

When I was a kid it was ingrained into me from the time I could walk to stop at the curb, look both ways before crossing, and wait until the cars passed. And always cross at the corner. Today's parents were never taught that obviously, so they don't teach it to their own kids. We need a powerful PSA campaign that teaches that simple notion, not only to the kids, but their parents too. I'd be happy to produce them if nobody else does.

Old 11-29-2011, 08:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzz123 View Post
Whenever this happens, to a kid especially, it really makes me sad. But I agree with Richard, the guy who wrote the next to last letter on this Road Warrior column. What he is saying is exactly what I've been saying since I first moved to Nevada in the 60's, and I couldn't have said it better. The "Pedestrian has the right of way" law causes all these pedestrian deaths because it is so misunderstood.

With turkey gone, it's time for beefs from you - News - ReviewJournal.com

Today we went out just as the school down the street was letting out. Cars were lined up in all four directions trying to get through the intersection, but the kids just kept horsing around in the middle of the street and they just kept coming. None of them had enough sense to stop and let a few cars go, so one lady just weaved through them anyway. Someone would start to go and kids would purposely run out in front of them. I was caught in the middle of the intersection and none of these brats would stop and let me proceed.

When I was a kid it was ingrained into me from the time I could walk to stop at the curb, look both ways before crossing, and wait until the cars passed. And always cross at the corner. Today's parents were never taught that obviously, so they don't teach it to their own kids. We need a powerful PSA campaign that teaches that simple notion, not only to the kids, but their parents too. I'd be happy to produce them if nobody else does.
Oh trust me, I agree, I just do not like to see the carnage. The reason I posted the article is because it really hit home. I was out yesterday at the Albertson's on Maryland trying to make a right. I looked left and then waited for traffic to clear. As I pull out I nearly clipped a pedestrian walking right in front of my car. He was the idiot, but I would never want to injure anyone and I would be heartbroken if I did. The girl in the video may have done wrong too, but that does not make it any better.

Old 11-29-2011, 08:40 PM

10,481 posts, read 25,284,619 times
Learning how to cross the street safely while respecting drivers, needs to be taught in school and they should not get to advance grades if they do not fully comprehend it.
A few times while stopping at a stop sign and it's our turn to go, a kid would run right into the street in front of us, laughing, thinking it's hilarious that we might actually hit them. Let's see them laughing when they are just a smear in the street.

Old 11-29-2011, 08:49 PM

13,814 posts, read 28,496,245 times
[quote=dynimagelv;21912073]
Quote:
VON949, please tell me you did not partake in this which was recently reported in Afghanistan.

QUOTE]

assuming that this clip shows what it SAYS it shows, this is the MOST inappropriate post that I have EVER seen in my life.

Being a lush does NOT forgive bad manners or poor taste.
bahhhh.

Old 11-29-2011, 08:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PinkString View Post
A few times while stopping at a stop sign and it's our turn to go, a kid would run right into the street in front of us, laughing, thinking it's hilarious that we might actually hit them. Let's see them laughing when they are just a smear in the street.
I used to think the same way, but if it actually happened, you would think differently. You would see a child bust your windshield and be full of blood screaming in pain. No matter how to stupid kids are, I can not ever laugh when they do get hit.

Old 11-29-2011, 08:55 PM

10,481 posts, read 25,284,619 times
Quote:
I used to think the same way, but if it actually happened, you would think differently. You would see a child bust your windshield and be full of blood screaming in pain. No matter how to stupid kids are, I can not ever laugh when they do get hit.
I wasn't talking about us hitting them! We have never done that, might have come close a time or two when they just run out in front, but we have brakes. No, some day someone will hit them, like it's been happening all over town since before Halloween. In fact, I was almost hit coming back from a walk a few weeks ago. In a cross walk. I also do not want to be smeared all over the road. That would suck.

Old 11-29-2011, 09:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PinkString View Post
I wasn't talking about us hitting them! We have never done that, might have come close a time or two when they just run out in front, but we have brakes. No, some day someone will hit them, like it's been happening all over town since before Halloween. In fact, I was almost hit coming back from a walk a few weeks ago. In a cross walk. I also do not want to be smeared all over the road. That would suck.
Sorry Pink, I see I misread your original post. I am just so sad being unemployed that I am drinking way too much and not making sense. Dynimage is right, it is time to sign of for the night. Talk to you all later.

Old 11-29-2011, 11:20 PM

3,622 posts, read 5,593,978 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzz123 View Post
We love TSO, but this year they will only be here 4 days AFTER Christmas so we'll be out of the mood for Christmas music by then.
Yeah, that's kind of strange, they have been coming around Thanksgiving. We have tickets.

Old 11-30-2011, 12:11 AM

23,219 posts, read 29,040,205 times
Quote:
but I would never want to injure anyone and I would be heartbroken if I did. The girl in the video may have done wrong too, but that does not make it any better.
I read a book, some time ago, about the emotional impact of killing a pedestrian, being involved in an accident, even though you had the rightaway, and you were completely innocent. I guess it never really dawned on me how devastating it can be to end up killing someone, innocent as you may be, and the long-lingering effects.

Some people, I read, never recover from it!!

That's what scares me about driving a car, the stress always underestimated.
My worst fear is, some night, someone might fall off the curb into my line of traffic, and dealing with the horrors afterwards!

Anytime I read "Pedestrian Error, no charges filed" I wonder how this un-charged driver is going to deal with this emotionally!

Last edited by tijlover; 11-30-2011 at 12:19 AM.. Reason: Add line
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas