Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-17-2012, 06:41 AM

11,175 posts, read 16,011,701 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lyra33 View Post
We have a home, pool on a 1/4 acre lot and our bill ranges around 30-40...40-60 in the summer when we are watering a lot. I haven't seen the most recent bill yet.
This new surcharge has nothing to do with the amount of water you use. It is a flat fee and is based solely on the size of your meter (which is shown on your bill, btw). If interested, you can look at last month's bill to check the size of your meter and then you'll know what your surcharge will be on this bill and every bill in the future. As I noted in my earlier post, if your meter is only 1/2" or 5/8", then your bill will increase $5/month. If it is 1" like mine, your bill will increase $19.21/month. If it is larger than 1", you will not be a happy camper.

Old 05-17-2012, 12:20 PM

131 posts, read 209,990 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MadManofBethesda View Post
This new surcharge has nothing to do with the amount of water you use. It is a flat fee and is based solely on the size of your meter (which is shown on your bill, btw). If interested, you can look at last month's bill to check the size of your meter and then you'll know what your surcharge will be on this bill and every bill in the future. As I noted in my earlier post, if your meter is only 1/2" or 5/8", then your bill will increase $5/month. If it is 1" like mine, your bill will increase $19.21/month. If it is larger than 1", you will not be a happy camper.
You all had me curious so I pulled my latest bill out, because I remember thinking it had gone up a bit--since I haven't been through a true LV summer yet, I figured it was just natural. We have a 3/4" meter, last month's bill was about $22, this month was $31...we're on drip irrigation on the front yard but it's being added to this week as the backyard is being planted--drip irrigation there, too. It will be interesting to see how much it goes up after that. My neighbors say their water bill (grass front & back, sprinkler system) is several hundred a month in the summer Glad I didn't try to save the front lawn when we moved here

Old 05-17-2012, 02:35 PM

762 posts, read 1,561,864 times
never thought I would hear of a man who wanted smaller than 1"

Old 05-17-2012, 03:41 PM

13,814 posts, read 28,492,235 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skisickie View Post
never thought I would hear of a man who wanted smaller than 1"
...especially with drip irrigation!

Old 05-17-2012, 11:05 PM

10,494 posts, read 27,234,786 times
I don't know why I am even posting this, but here goes. I have not talked to my ex-girlfriend since I last saw her when I went back to Phoenix and we had our big fight. She called me today, and she told me how much she loves me, and how much I mean to her. I told her I do not want her to love me, and truthfully I don't. It is not because I don't love her, because I do, it is because I have nothing to offer her and I never thought I treated her the way she deserved to be treated. She told me something though today that kind of hit me really hard. She said that I only focus on the negatives, and I need to change. She reminded me of all the good times we had that I had forgotten about, and she told me I made her feel special unlike any other guy she has ever been with. She also told me that I treated her very well, and that I will always have a special place in her heart. I always thought I treated her like dirt. Maybe I am not such the bad person I feel I am.

Old 05-17-2012, 11:11 PM

9,855 posts, read 10,410,923 times
OMG! You should have your own reality show. I think your girfriend is bipolar.

Old 05-17-2012, 11:24 PM

9,376 posts, read 11,943,971 times
Unfortunately, love is love. It doesn't care that you don't want your mate to be a drunk. It doesn't care about age difference. It doesn't differentiate between good times and bad times. The human mind does.

She can still love you and not be able to be with you because of your choices or whatever. She should move on, though.

One thing that holds people back from living how they want to is the belief that they are not good enough and they don't deserve it. I understand. Glad you took what you needed from the conversation.

Old 05-17-2012, 11:25 PM

10,494 posts, read 27,234,786 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pommysmommy View Post
OMG! You should have your own reality show. I think your girfriend is bipolar.
In all truthfulness, she has done nothing but try to help me, but I always resisted. She is not bipolar, I am. However, she has always said she was "weird", and that is why she has never married even know she is now 54. I thought we would never talk again after my failed move to Phoenix, but she called me. She put me in tears on the phone, and that is hard to do. We have a special bond, and will always love each other, but the phone relationship will have to be the fullest extent of it. Don't worry, I am not going to try to go back there again, especially after what happened last time.

Old 05-17-2012, 11:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimba01 View Post
Unfortunately, love is love. It doesn't care that you don't want your mate to be a drunk. It doesn't care about age difference. It doesn't differentiate between good times and bad times. The human mind does.

She can still love you and not be able to be with you because of your choices or whatever. She should move on, though.

One thing that holds people back from living how they want to is the belief that they are not good enough and they don't deserve it. I understand. Glad you took what you needed from the conversation.
I agree! She needs to move on and stop making LVD have false hopes.

Old 05-17-2012, 11:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by las vegas drunk View Post
In all truthfulness, she has done nothing but try to help me, but I always resisted. She is not bipolar, I am. However, she has always said she was "weird", and that is why she has never married even know she is now 54. I thought we would never talk again after my failed move to Phoenix, but she called me. She put me in tears on the phone, and that is hard to do. We have a special bond, and will always love each other, but the phone relationship will have to be the fullest extent of it. Don't worry, I am not going to try to go back there again, especially after what happened last time.
Whatever works for you LVD. She has issues if she thought moving in with her would make you stop drinking.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas