Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-18-2012, 07:55 AM

487 posts, read 747,546 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by las vegas drunk View Post
I don't know why I am even posting this, but here goes. I have not talked to my ex-girlfriend since I last saw her when I went back to Phoenix and we had our big fight. She called me today, and she told me how much she loves me, and how much I mean to her. I told her I do not want her to love me, and truthfully I don't. It is not because I don't love her, because I do, it is because I have nothing to offer her and I never thought I treated her the way she deserved to be treated. She told me something though today that kind of hit me really hard. She said that I only focus on the negatives, and I need to change. She reminded me of all the good times we had that I had forgotten about, and she told me I made her feel special unlike any other guy she has ever been with. She also told me that I treated her very well, and that I will always have a special place in her heart. I always thought I treated her like dirt. Maybe I am not such the bad person I feel I am.
Blow her out!

Old 05-18-2012, 07:57 AM

Quote:
In all truthfulness, she has done nothing but try to help me, but I always resisted. She is not bipolar, I am. However, she has always said she was "weird", and that is why she has never married even know she is now 54. I thought we would never talk again after my failed move to Phoenix, but she called me. She put me in tears on the phone, and that is hard to do. We have a special bond, and will always love each other, but the phone relationship will have to be the fullest extent of it. Don't worry, I am not going to try to go back there again, especially after what happened last time.
When she calls, just put the phone down on her. End of story!!!

Old 05-18-2012, 07:59 AM

Quote:
I never asked nor expected any sympathy. I was just surprised she called me so I thought I would post it. I thought we would never talk again as I would never have called her. As far as my future, there is none, and that is because of mistakes I have made in the past. I am now off unemployment and have zero income coming in. I cannot work or get on disability, so it is just a matter of time before my savings run out and I wind up on the streets. I might as well drink until then, because that is the day I jump out in front of a train.
Who cares?

Old 05-18-2012, 08:01 AM

9,480 posts, read 12,298,182 times
Quote:
She and I are completely over. I know I will never see her in person again. I still see no problem with us talking on the phone. We always have. I continued to talk to her on the phone after I left her, and all through the 5 years when she was dating the older guy.
Because every time you talk on the phone it brings up old memories, fellings, and even a teeny bit of hope that you will get back together.

Do what you want, of course, but IMO she's stringing you along because she knows she CAN. I'd say no more contact, including talking on the phone. You both need to move on. JMO

Old 05-18-2012, 08:02 AM

Quote:
She and I are completely over. I know I will never see her in person again. I still see no problem with us talking on the phone. We always have. I continued to talk to her on the phone after I left her, and all through the 5 years when she was dating the older guy.
Calling you "chronically insecure" makes you sound confident

Old 05-18-2012, 08:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by skisickie View Post
I keep adopting dogs, The last one I had to give to my Ex hubby. Our house is full.
Now there is one in Summerlin on the 20th that I must go to. I mean there are going to be food trucks!!
NO MORE DOGS THOUGH. LOL
Awww. You are a dog rescuer! Good for you! It's hard to say no, isn't it? I'd LOVE to have another chihuahua or 2, but I just can't.

Seriously, it's going to be enough of an adventure driving across country with 3 cats and 2 chihuahuas in my little Beetle without adding more animals to the mix! I might be able to write a book about that adventure!

Old 05-18-2012, 08:07 AM

13,814 posts, read 28,504,856 times
Quote:
I never asked nor expected any sympathy. I was just surprised she called me so I thought I would post it. I thought we would never talk again as I would never have called her. As far as my future, there is none, and that is because of mistakes I have made in the past. I am now off unemployment and have zero income coming in. I cannot work or get on disability, so it is just a matter of time before my savings run out and I wind up on the streets. I might as well drink until then, because that is the day I jump out in front of a train.
Face it LVD...you're Nicolas Cage...and she's Elizabeth Shue. And we know how that turned out.

You love alcohol more than life itself. And if you've accepted and embraced that, we all know the ending. It's a shame...because I see so many good things in you. But ultimately, it is up to you...and only you.

Old 05-18-2012, 08:10 AM

2,557 posts, read 4,569,569 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ElleTea View Post
Awww. You are a dog rescuer! Good for you! It's hard to say no, isn't it? I'd LOVE to have another chihuahua or 2, but I just can't.

Seriously, it's going to be enough of an adventure driving across country with 3 cats and 2 chihuahuas in my little Beetle without adding more animals to the mix! I might be able to write a book about that adventure!
Baby Benadryl is your best friend for cross country trips with restless pets.

Old 05-18-2012, 08:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by unf0rgiven6262 View Post
Baby Benadryl is your best friend for cross country trips with restless pets.
The dogs will LOVE it, the cats will be fine as long as we are moving. They will start to howl once they feel the car slowing. But the longest I have driven with them is 4 hours, so we will see. I do plan to talk to the vet about what I can give them for the trip.

The dogs will seriously be overjoyed. They LOVE the car.

Old 05-18-2012, 08:26 AM

10,494 posts, read 27,250,314 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jfkIII View Post
Face it LVD...you're Nicolas Cage...and she's Elizabeth Shue.
You know, I never thought of it that way and you are right.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas