Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-14-2012, 12:24 PM

10,494 posts, read 27,250,314 times

Advertisements

I never once have watched dancing with the stars. I also do not watch any new sitcoms. I like the Hallmark channel movies as they are wholesome. I also watch the crime shows on ID. I tend to watch the older show like Doogie Howser and Quantum leap. Still, I spend half of my day listening to talk radio and the other half watching television. I like to keep a balance and let neither corrupt me.

Old 05-14-2012, 12:28 PM

25,580 posts, read 56,493,097 times
Hey, LVD, I left an important message for you over on your UE thread.

DWTS is one of those I've watched for years. Donald Driver is magnificent this year. Hahaha. I think he's being underscored. Watch it tonight - you'll see what I mean.

I, too, watch C-Span, Hallmark a lot - movies and Martha Stewart - I'm into cooking these days. Also Newhart, Columbo.

I've met Maks Chmerkovskiy, twice. He did a dance camp in Illinois, just across the WI/IL border. I drove down for that in 2007 and 2008. Danced with him, too. You can't make a mistake. He's a very strong leader. LOL

Old 05-14-2012, 12:31 PM

9,480 posts, read 12,298,182 times
I've never watched Dancing with the Stars either. I have no desire too. I have also never watched any of the singing competition shows like American Idol. I watched Glee ONCE for about 5 minutes because they were doing BeeGees songs. That was a big mistake. I'll never get those 5 minutes back! ACK!

I do have one guilty pleasure, trash TV show I watch...Jersey Shore. I know, I know. But somehow the show sucked me in. Maybe someday I'll see Pauly D in Vegas!

I watch random stuff. The Mentalist, Family Guy, Tosh.0, Parking Wars, Vegas Strip. I LOVE the newer Sunday evening cartoon called Bob's Burgers. And I love nerdy stuff like How It's Made.

I have Netflix so I watch a lot of movies. Anyone seen War Horse? Awesome movie, at least I thought so because I love horses! (I wont give away the ending but it ends happy, so no worries about that. I had to know that going in or I wouldn;t watch LOL)

Old 05-14-2012, 12:42 PM

10,494 posts, read 27,250,314 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ariadne22 View Post
Hey, LVD, I left an important message for you over on your UE thread.
Greatly appreciate as always.

Old 05-14-2012, 02:29 PM

10,481 posts, read 25,291,990 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ElleTea View Post
I've never watched Dancing with the Stars either. I have no desire too. I have also never watched any of the singing competition shows like American Idol. I watched Glee ONCE for about 5 minutes because they were doing BeeGees songs. That was a big mistake. I'll never get those 5 minutes back! ACK!

I do have one guilty pleasure, trash TV show I watch...Jersey Shore. I know, I know. But somehow the show sucked me in. Maybe someday I'll see Pauly D in Vegas!

I watch random stuff. The Mentalist, Family Guy, Tosh.0, Parking Wars, Vegas Strip. I LOVE the newer Sunday evening cartoon called Bob's Burgers. And I love nerdy stuff like How It's Made.

I have Netflix so I watch a lot of movies. Anyone seen War Horse? Awesome movie, at least I thought so because I love horses! (I wont give away the ending but it ends happy, so no worries about that. I had to know that going in or I wouldn;t watch LOL)
The first few seasons of DWTS I didn't watch. Then one night when nothing else was on, I tuned into it and thought.. "Wow, there are some really sexy male dancers on this show." (the dancers, not the celebrities)They got me hooked on it. Then of course a few celebrities here and there that I liked would keep me watching. I missed the season before this one since I didn't like the lineup. But the one before the bad lineup had Kirstie Alley dancing with Maxsim and they had such great chemistry, so I watched that one til the end.

As far as TV shows go, I don't watch even a fraction of what I used to watch. I still like Survivor and Amazing Race. Have watched every single episode of every season of those two. I do watch the Bachelor/Bachelorette shows. Mindless entertainment. Which also includes Wipeout. I like to see how many stupid people will go on national TV and be tortured in their quest to win $50,000.

Shows I watch these days besides the ones above include Criminal Minds, Touch, most everything on the ID channel and HGTV. I also like Bio channels Ghost stories. Although soon I will not be able to watch the higher channels since cable is going away for awhile.

I find I am reading more and doing more things online instead of watching TV. I will have to add "Warhorse" to my Netflix.

Old 05-14-2012, 07:18 PM

9,376 posts, read 11,949,011 times
My all time fave is Amazing Race! I love Phil! He's great! When he came to LV, I had my husband go there and Phil signed two shirts for us, one for me and my sister (who has MS and Phil was doing the bike thing for MS) and he got on the phone with my sister and talked to her. What a great guy! My sister also went to Chicago and met him, bought his book and had it signed, one for her and me.

Bachelor and Bachelorette, same with me, mindless entertainment. Hey, isn't starting or has it? I'm out of the loop.

Old 05-14-2012, 07:44 PM

9,480 posts, read 12,298,182 times
Just watched We Bought a Zoo (movie). Loved it!

Old 05-15-2012, 12:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimba01 View Post
Bachelor and Bachelorette, same with me, mindless entertainment. Hey, isn't starting or has it? I'm out of the loop.
The Bachelorette season premiere was tonight. Just finished watching it. At the end, one of the eliminated guys was complaining that she never got to see "the goods." So he lifted up his shirt and showed his six pack abs. I am looking at it and talking to the TV when my husband comes in. He hears me say "Eww. Am I crazy because i don't like seeing a guys ribs,etc. A real man has some flab." He starts laughing and goes back out.

Old 05-15-2012, 12:35 AM

12,908 posts, read 28,001,815 times
Well the great prices at Winco are over.. Went tonight.... MinuteMaid OJ from 3.98 to 7.16 a gallon, Andes Mints from 2.67 to 4.41 a lb., Oscar Meyer Bologna from 2. to 3.18...2L soda from .98 to 1.38

bummer

Old 05-15-2012, 01:51 AM

I noticed the prices were rising too. I don't buy the processed stuff, but a lot of the produce is comparable now to other stores. Some things are still cheaper, like a 10 lb bag of potatoes and the avocados. But most of the prices went up up and away.

Also, not only Winco, but Fresh and Easy's prices went up too far. Especially for the things we buy the most. I see their tactics now: They come in to the area with super low prices. People get all excited that there is a new store in town. They get used to shopping there, and then the prices start climbing like there's no tomorrow and after awhile the thrill is gone and we go back to the old stores we always shopped at before like Smiths.
If these new stores want to do well, they need to keep prices down or offer things that other stores do not, otherwise they may not last in the long term.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas