Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-18-2012, 02:47 PM

2,086 posts, read 6,849,858 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by las vegas drunk View Post
Can I assume that you are also suffering from multiple untreated health issues (not related to alcohol)? I know you don't, especially since you got through the corrections academy, so spare me the lecture since you do not know me or what I am going through. Our situations are NOT comparable. I have also always managed to pick myself up too in the past when I was healthy.
I wasn't lecturing you. I was simply responding to the question put forth by the poster defending you. As was stated before, in direct response to the question put forth to the posters of this forum, I have been homeless (without the benefit of a car to sleep in mind you) and not only survived it but completely turned my life around.

With regards to your health issues, you are correct. I know nothing of your health problems. Of course the assumption that you know anything about me while admonishing me for my ignorance on your plight is laughable. It would be impossible for me to complete the corrections academy with multiple nagging injuries (bursitis in my right knee, AC osteoarthritis in my shoulder among other things). I mean, one could never just deal with the pain and do what they have to do, right?

In short, if you don't want the criticism stop posting about your life. It's a pretty simple concept in that we are all accountable for our actions to include posting on a discussion forum. If you choose to continue to post be prepared to deal with the consequences of those actions to include criticism as well as support. I would wish you luck but I don't believe in it. Carpe diem.

Old 05-18-2012, 03:26 PM

762 posts, read 1,562,936 times
I have been homeless with 2 children
I now own 2 homes
Paid from my money, my husband left me nothing but bills and memories.

Pink, I would love 2 meet you. I will wear a bright yellow versace hat. It has a big V on it. You cannot miss

I figure my little group of 3 should be there about 11-12, It goes from 9-2 but I have a guy coming to the house to look at my fence. It blew over with the wind.

Hope to see you & LVD

Old 05-18-2012, 03:33 PM

One thing I learned by going to the pain clinic where NFL players go is that Pain is In The Brain
You would not believe the injuries those men play with. And take more by getting hit again and again
you can overcome if you choose

Old 05-18-2012, 06:33 PM

810 posts, read 1,808,699 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skisickie View Post
One thing I learned by going to the pain clinic where NFL players go is that Pain is In The Brain
You would not believe the injuries those men play with. And take more by getting hit again and again
You sure it's not because of this?

NFL’s “magic potion” has risks, players like Urlacher don’t care | ProFootballTalk

Old 05-18-2012, 08:29 PM

579 posts, read 997,940 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tazz View Post
Thank the Republicans for the current system. They oppose anything that would cut out the wastefulness spent on insurance bean counters and PROFITS.
I know this because I am a health care provider who spends more time on billing than I do on direct patient care.
Insurance insures that people will get the minimum that the insurance companies can get away with.
Seriously? The insurance companies love Obamacare and lobbied heavily for it. I don't think a single republican voted for it, if they did, it was enough to count on one hand.

Old 05-18-2012, 08:32 PM

990 posts, read 1,655,228 times
Quote:
Learning to ignore chronic pain is a good goal. But learning to ignore acute pain is a bad idea. Acute pain signals tissue damage that can be made worse if ignored.

Old 05-18-2012, 09:22 PM

Hey the dog adoption and food truck is the 20th

Old 05-18-2012, 11:09 PM

9,376 posts, read 11,949,980 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pommysmommy View Post
If she only loves you long distance as a sober man the love is fake. I have vowed to only speak my mind from now on. No more diplomacy. Diplomacy = FAKE.
You really believe this? I don't know, I think that people can love that which they know is not good for them. It may take the a couple times to come to the realization that it will never be, but they hope. But, we really don't know the whole story, in this case, and we certainly don't know a bit of her side.

As far as diplomacy, there is a place for it in this world. It doesn't have to equal "fake". It could be that someone just uses diplomacy to get their point across. If everyone never used a filter I believe it would be a disaster. Just think, we would all be speaking like children, who don't possess a filter, yet we are not children and it would just be ridiculous. I have a short fuse for people who do not choose diplomacy to get their points across. It's tacky.

An example of that is the person who is annoyed that the checkout line is going too slow. He gripes at the clerk. When she asks how he is, he chooses to speak his mind and say that he is ticked off that she is slow and he thinks maybe she needs to find a new profession. I consider this rude, unfiltered, ignorant and uncalled for. He has NO idea what this person's life is. Maybe her child just left for the Middle East. Maybe her husband just cheated on her. Maybe her child or she was just diagnosed with cancer. She comes to work because she needs to and is being responsible but it is just a little difficult to focus on this day. You do not know, truly, what is going on. IMO, there is nothing wrong with a little fake or getting your same point across with diplomacy.

Old 05-18-2012, 11:20 PM

10,481 posts, read 25,294,055 times
Quote:
Hey the dog adoption and food truck is the 20th
Ok, thanks for the update!

Old 05-19-2012, 07:23 AM

9,855 posts, read 10,417,672 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kimba01 View Post
You really believe this? I don't know, I think that people can love that which they know is not good for them. It may take the a couple times to come to the realization that it will never be, but they hope. But, we really don't know the whole story, in this case, and we certainly don't know a bit of her side.

As far as diplomacy, there is a place for it in this world. It doesn't have to equal "fake". It could be that someone just uses diplomacy to get their point across. If everyone never used a filter I believe it would be a disaster. Just think, we would all be speaking like children, who don't possess a filter, yet we are not children and it would just be ridiculous. I have a short fuse for people who do not choose diplomacy to get their points across. It's tacky.

An example of that is the person who is annoyed that the checkout line is going too slow. He gripes at the clerk. When she asks how he is, he chooses to speak his mind and say that he is ticked off that she is slow and he thinks maybe she needs to find a new profession. I consider this rude, unfiltered, ignorant and uncalled for. He has NO idea what this person's life is. Maybe her child just left for the Middle East. Maybe her husband just cheated on her. Maybe her child or she was just diagnosed with cancer. She comes to work because she needs to and is being responsible but it is just a little difficult to focus on this day. You do not know, truly, what is going on. IMO, there is nothing wrong with a little fake or getting your same point across with diplomacy.
I see your point about diplomacy Kimba. As far as LVD's girlfriend I based my assumption on the fact that she invited him to come live with her knowing he was an alcoholic and then immediately told him he could not be drunk in her home. She loves him on her conditions.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas