Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-30-2012, 08:32 AM

15,822 posts, read 14,463,105 times

Advertisements

LOL.

I've never heard toiletry described as a skill before.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JanND View Post
You must spend a lot of time in the bathroom w/ those stats. But, I agree...should be a natural part of toiletry...Wash those hands.

Old 10-30-2012, 09:21 AM

13,586 posts, read 13,108,708 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ElleTea View Post
It's kind of "the thing" to a tourist in Vegas. You always hear about cheap shrimp cocktail, cheap buffets, etc.

I had the Golden Nugget's buffet for breakfast and I have to say I was VERY impressed!! I love being able to have salad AND eggs for breakfast
A salad bar is different. You vegetarians are just weird anyway.

I haven't been to the Nugget in a very long time. I'd love to try out that shark pool.

Anyway, not all buffets are bad, it's just that none that I've eaten at are memorable in any way. I did take the kids to buffets when they were little. Little kids definitely dig buffets, especially the desserts.

One thing about growing up in Vegas, you develop restaurant etiquette pretty early on. I can remember my son saying " I would like to have da shwimp pwease" to a waitress when he was barely more than a toddler.

Old 10-30-2012, 09:21 AM

7,112 posts, read 13,152,514 times
Maybe the signs are just not that clear.

Sent from cell...

Old 10-30-2012, 09:31 AM

^^ I had to pee really bad once at Studio 54 so slipped the attendant guy a twenty to let me use the men's room because the line for the ladies room was out of control. As I exited the stall and washed my hands, one of the men said really loudly 'Look! Chicks really do wash their hands after they pee"

Old 10-30-2012, 10:10 AM

9,480 posts, read 12,285,664 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NLVgal View Post
A salad bar is different. You vegetarians are just weird anyway.

I haven't been to the Nugget in a very long time. I'd love to try out that shark pool.

Anyway, not all buffets are bad, it's just that none that I've eaten at are memorable in any way. I did take the kids to buffets when they were little. Little kids definitely dig buffets, especially the desserts.

One thing about growing up in Vegas, you develop restaurant etiquette pretty early on. I can remember my son saying " I would like to have da shwimp pwease" to a waitress when he was barely more than a toddler.
No this was the regualr buffet so I could have eggs and hash browns and a salad. LOL

I spent some time at the shark pool. (I wasnt a guest just walked around) It was really nice. I was very impressed by GN in general. Gorgeous.

Old 10-30-2012, 10:13 AM

901 posts, read 1,898,042 times
Quote:
^^ I had to pee really bad once at Studio 54 so slipped the attendant guy a twenty to let me use the men's room because the line for the ladies room was out of control. As I exited the stall and washed my hands, one of the men said really loudly 'Look! Chicks really do wash their hands after they pee"
A co-worker once told me: "Back in Texas, we wash our hands before we pee. We don't like to get our units dirty when we p1ss."

Old 10-30-2012, 10:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trash Can View Post
A co-worker once told me: "Back in Texas, we wash our hands before we pee. We don't like to get our units dirty when we p1ss."

Someone should have told my ex-husband that. He had been chopping fresh jalapenos and went to the bathroom once. Yup, that was a trip to the ER.

Old 10-30-2012, 10:30 AM

Quote:
Someone should have told my ex-husband that. He had been chopping fresh jalapenos and went to the bathroom once. Yup, that was a trip to the ER.
OH!!

I have rubbed my eyes while chopping green chiles. Not a good idea.

Old 10-30-2012, 10:40 PM

23,209 posts, read 29,018,601 times
The rare times I go to a buffet, to prevent myself from getting sick from eating too much food, I take a really good book along, slowly eat, slowly read. If I go to a buffet with nothing to read, those are the times I can get sick from eating too much, or too quickly. Reading slows down my consumption!

I'm the same at home, can't eat without reading!

Old 10-31-2012, 07:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tijlover View Post
The rare times I go to a buffet, to prevent myself from getting sick from eating too much food, I take a really good book along, slowly eat, slowly read. If I go to a buffet with nothing to read, those are the times I can get sick from eating too much, or too quickly. Reading slows down my consumption!

I'm the same at home, can't eat without reading!
I find I eat MORE if I read. I have actually read (not while eating LOL) that you shouldn't read or watch TV while you eat because you will be distracted and not sense when you are full.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas