Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-02-2010, 07:48 AM

990 posts, read 1,655,429 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jukesgrrl View Post
I hate Walmart, but to be honest I have to say this is the policy of almost every retail organization in the country these days. (They all defend themselves by claiming they're competing with Walmart.) I've worked at several upscale department stores and they all pile the hours on their sales staff, up to the limit at which they'd have to pay benefits. Every mall store I know about, too.

Then there are the stores that pay commission-only. That used to be lucrative for someone who knew the inventory and how to sell, but not so much lately. Nobody's buyin' nothin'. You can NEVER depend on how much you'll make (if anything), so it pretty much requires that you live with someone who has some steady income. Supermarket folks are about the only ones making a living wage in retail these days and that will go by the wayside, too, as soon as owners are able to break the unions at the national chains.
You are right about the retail organizations. My sister got laid off at Macy's and then immediately offered a part time job, 35 hrs a week without benefits for the same pay.

Old 09-02-2010, 07:54 AM

3,622 posts, read 5,596,827 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orangeish View Post
I know you all hate tourists, but I land in Vegas tonight! I am so giddy, gonna be so hard sitting through work today. eeeeeeeee...I just had to share with someone out here (We got 8 of us, staying in Paris)
Hate tourists? Are you kidding? We love them. (Plus we don't have to deal with you if we stay away from the Strip.) BTW, we will love you even more if you blow your life savings.

Happy Spending! I mean, have fun!

Old 09-02-2010, 08:09 AM

15,370 posts, read 39,127,019 times
Quote:
I know you all hate tourists, but I land in Vegas tonight! I am so giddy, gonna be so hard sitting through work today. eeeeeeeee...I just had to share with someone out here (We got 8 of us, staying in Paris)
what HAVE you been smoking?

We LOVE touristas, they transport the cash that we live on...MORE touristas=more cash....

Keep Las Vegas Green.....Bring money....

Old 09-02-2010, 09:07 AM

422 posts, read 1,085,278 times
Most employers know there are hundreds, if not thousands, out of work and ready and available to take any position they have open. Therefore, suck it up, and continue working while looking for something else. Buzz's post is right on target....it is easier to find another job while you have one.

Old 09-02-2010, 09:37 AM

5,289 posts, read 7,493,363 times
So I don't read this forum much, but the little I have, I see plenty of tourist bashing around these threads.

Old 09-02-2010, 09:41 AM

15,370 posts, read 39,127,019 times
if the "touristas" are critical of Las Vegas or come to the forum ONLY to bash us....yes...we bash back with a vengance...if they are coming to the forum because they LOVE Las Vegas like we do , I dont think you'll find any bashing....GIve US the respect and we'll give it back....start shinola and we'll shine all over ya.

Old 09-02-2010, 11:03 AM

2,457 posts, read 4,725,588 times
Quote:
What are the room rates at Paris ? I am tempted to book a couple night stay and make all my old co-workers stil employedl there kiss my @ss.

Old 09-02-2010, 11:08 AM

328 posts, read 726,699 times
Quote:
So I don't read this forum much, but the little I have, I see plenty of tourist bashing around these threads.
You from Illinois?

Old 09-02-2010, 11:23 AM

Quote:
Really? Well, maybe we appreciate you more now that the economy has tanked. Seriously I have not noticed that much tourist bashing. Like I said tourists usually stay in the airport to Strip zone so I rarely have to deal with it. The times I do it's not that big of a deal as it's a given I will see lots of tourists on the Strip/airport.

Old 09-02-2010, 11:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dynimagelv View Post
if the "touristas" are critical of Las Vegas or come to the forum ONLY to bash us....yes...we bash back with a vengance...if they are coming to the forum because they LOVE Las Vegas like we do , I dont think you'll find any bashing....GIve US the respect and we'll give it back....start shinola and we'll shine all over ya.
Right. I only bash people who make fun of our city and act all high and mighty because they think living in the desert is so terrible.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas