Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-30-2010, 01:30 PM

10,494 posts, read 27,255,419 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by skisickie View Post
LVD don't tell me when I can post to this forum thank you very much
That is not what I said at all. You can post anything you want on the forum. This is not my forum and I am not a moderator. I only asked you not to ask me for any advice or help from now on. If you quote me, I will ignore you, that is all.

Old 08-30-2010, 01:44 PM

Without getting too personal in my life history, I will say what I feel regarding Aqualung's situation since I have been there.. He is a very bad place that I would consider worse than being homeless. I have been in his exact same situation multiple times in my life. It is very uncomfortable and will effect your well being to live in a situation like that. You fear coming home to find out what B.S you are going to have to put up with. It is horrible. I even have left places like that to live in my car because at least I had my freedom and self respect. It kills me that Aqualung is having to go through this now so prayers from all city data members is appreciated. I am getting a 322 sq feet studio so I will not be able to help him this time if he passes the 3 month deadline his sister put on him.

Old 08-30-2010, 02:28 PM

10,481 posts, read 25,296,262 times
Aqua, All i can say is, if someone offers you a place to live so you can find work and get out on your own, do like thecuse said: Make it a full time job to find a job. Be grateful that someone took you in, do not expect it to be the ritz, and do not expect much. Just work like heck to get on your own, get a studio apt like lvd is doing. A job at Mcdonalds would pay for one of those and they are hiring around the valley plus they offer a free lunch. While you are working, then look for a better job. That's the way it works. Get anything you can get to get started.
If you don't want to live alone and want to live with someone, like a roomie, be honest about it and set out to do that. You can then live in better conditions, sharing a house and paying your share equally.

Old 08-30-2010, 04:08 PM

2,753 posts, read 6,668,487 times
Is it right for them to constantly to insult and belittle me? That's not tough love.

The majority of my experience is in the hotel businesses, but my brother in law says that I shouldn't bother because of a certain medical problem.

Old 08-30-2010, 04:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aqualung8705 View Post
Is it right for them to constantly to insult and belittle me? That's not tough love.

The majority of my experience is in the hotel businesses, but my brother in law says that I shouldn't bother because of a certain medical problem.
Of course not. As I have lived with you I understand what you are going through. As you might remember, I never once pushed you to look for work when you lived with me.

Old 08-30-2010, 04:31 PM

3,622 posts, read 5,596,827 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aqualung8705 View Post

It's not easy to live with others when you are an adult. However, when you are living in someone's home you are subject to their conditions and it's not right that you expect living there on your own terms. After college I went back home for some time until I could figure out what I wanted to do. It was annoying to give up some freedom and privacy but that's what comes with living in someone's home. My parents would constantly ask where I was going what I was doing and would often offer advice.

You have to decide if you value complete freedom/peace or living with your family. As much as I love my brother it would be inconvenient if he stayed with me to live and it would bother me if he was not diligent finding a job or making progress.

Old 08-30-2010, 04:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lyra33 View Post
It's not easy to live with others when you are an adult. However, when you are living in someone's home you are subject to their conditions and it's not right that you expect living there on your own terms. After college I went back home for some time until I could figure out what I wanted to do. It was annoying to give up some freedom and privacy but that's what comes with living in someone's home. My parents would constantly ask where I was going what I was doing and would often offer advice.

You have to decide if you value complete freedom/peace or living with your family. As much as I love my brother it would be inconvenient if he stayed with me to live and it would bother me if he was not diligent finding a job or making progress.
You mean well, but there is a lot more to it than you know. I am sure your brother is not in the same physical shape as Aqualung is which is going to make getting (and keeping) a job very difficult, especially in this economy.

Old 08-30-2010, 05:04 PM

762 posts, read 1,563,110 times
Who has been to Blue Man? I have 2 tix, do I give em away or go with my hubby? It is a full time job to get him there but would he love it?
Went to Miss Universe and what a waste of my life. Love the beauty but the show was a bust.

Old 08-30-2010, 06:18 PM

LVD: It would have been a bit hard to look for work while I was at your place. All I had was the clothes on my back, which was a t-shirt, and a pair of shorts. Not exactly proper attire for interviews.

Old 08-30-2010, 06:25 PM

You'll love Blue Man Group, Ski. You should definitely drag your hubby down there. Now, if your giving them away...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas