Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-01-2010, 12:17 PM

1,410 posts, read 3,317,694 times

Advertisements

So was my job tip on needing 40 groundskeepers of any interest?

I hope we can all encourage you to lose weight. Have you seriously considered that could be a major reason for all the job interview disappointments? Employers see overweight and in most cases think, "undisciplined." If you could knock 150 lbs. off, all kinds of doors would suddenly begin opening for you. Start with changing your nutritional habits. Salads and soups are so economical and figure out ways you can begin to exercise within your limitations. Resume writing is a good first step but once you get in the door, you have to impress them. Taking control of your life will speak volumes.

Old 09-01-2010, 12:45 PM

3,622 posts, read 5,592,181 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skisickie View Post
Exercise is one of the top and best ways to cure depression. Try Skiing! no one would notice if you had a camel on your back under most ski outfits. Lack of exercise has been proven to be a cause of diverticulosis. Start small and work up to Iron Man. You can do this
Skiing would be very difficult for someone who is overweight and I'm sure possible falling and crashing would not be wanted. The best exercise is walking.

Old 09-01-2010, 12:50 PM

10,494 posts, read 27,229,958 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aqualung8705 View Post

LVD: Thursday would be better, since I do laundry on Fridays. Please e-mail me the particulars.
Can you do laundry on Thursday instead? I do not go out on Thursdays as it sucks. It will be Friday on the strip starting around 9pm. I will buy ALL your drinks as always, all you have to do is show up. C'mon man, you know you need to get out.

Old 09-01-2010, 12:52 PM

990 posts, read 1,653,420 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lyra33 View Post
Skiing would be very difficult for someone who is overweight and I'm sure possible falling and crashing would not be wanted. The best exercise is walking.
The best exercise for the morbidly obese involves taking the palms of your hands, placing them firmly against the front edge of the diningroom table and pushing.

Old 09-01-2010, 12:53 PM

990 posts, read 1,653,420 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by las vegas drunk View Post
Can you do laundry on Thursday instead? I do not go out on Thursdays as it sucks. It will be on the strip starting around 9pm. I will buy your drinks as always, all you have to do is show up.
Alcohol is calorie rich. I'm just sayin'..........

Old 09-01-2010, 02:19 PM

762 posts, read 1,561,544 times
I don't think skiing is hard for overweight people. I have seen many bigger people tear it up. That extra weight makes you faster.
Anything is better than nothing, swimming would be good, low impact
I met Frank Layden, the coach for the Jazz once and he told me he lost 30 lbs by doing nothing else but stop drinking.
I lost 3 lbs when I stopped. LOL

Old 09-01-2010, 02:22 PM

10,481 posts, read 25,275,556 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aqualung8705 View Post
Since I'm 365lbs, have pronated knees, a bad back, and diabetic neuropathy of my feet, I feel very confident in saying "I can't." I'm taking the bus to a free class on resume writing and interviews, and every time the bus lurches, my lower back flairs up in pain.
So change your weight. Change what you are eating and exercise. The weight will come off and many of your health problems will go away when the weight goes away. You have a very valuable resource within your grasp: the internet. Use it to figure out a lifestyle plan and drop the "I can't." You are just so used to saying "I can't" that you actually believe it is true. It isn't.
Check out this guy, he never says he can't.

YouTube - I Love Living Life. I Am Happy.

Old 09-01-2010, 02:35 PM

9,376 posts, read 11,941,545 times
Aqua-I am sorry to hear of your medical issues. I don't know too much about them although my step niece had some of her colon removed and had a bag for a while. She may have gotten some surgery where she doesn't have to have one anymore. I know you have mentioned a surgery, not sure if that is what you are referring to. She is a couple months pregnant now, so she must be doing ok with it all.

Does this medical issue impede you from losing weight? I am not asking sarcastically, I just know sometimes certain meds and such cause weight gain. (like steriods, which she was on for a while and did gain weight, but she has since lost it) I would think that that alone could help with many of your medical issues or at least alleviate some of the other aggravations. I know it isn't easy, I struggle with 20 unwanted lbs, but I think in your case it is vital that you do so for health reasons. I also know that eating healthy can sometimes be more expensive than not, but there are ways.

Also, I wonder if you should look into some kind of job that does not entail working with the public as they can be completely unsympathetic to your situation and in fact, cause you to lose your job. Maybe some kind of toll booth operator, even in a parking lot. I thought of this because going to the NYNY the last couple days there was one who would just wave people in (I really don't know why but...). Supposedly he was to check IDs? One time he told us to keep our window all the way down...? Maybe because of the tint? I don't know I didn't get it, but whatever. He gets a paycheck I am sure.

You don't have to explain why it would not be a good position for you, it is just a suggestion, but maybe look in that direction....

Also, you or anyone here, may want to check out this website, they take food stamps....https://www.angelfoodministries.com/

Keep the faith....

Old 09-01-2010, 02:40 PM

7,940 posts, read 9,488,320 times
aqualung-you are very brave for even mentioning your medical situation on here. It does appear that people are sympathetic on here and I would carefully consider some of their advice. Losing weight is one possibility to consider.

Once again, prayer would be in line for you from up here in the northern reaches of Nev-a-duh. Not meant sarcasticly, it's just that some people want to pronounce it Nuh-vah-duh, instead of Neh-va-duh. These issues are so pressing, aren't they.

Hang in there, buddy!

Old 09-01-2010, 02:41 PM

9,376 posts, read 11,941,545 times
Stayed the last couple nights on the Strip as we were entertaining people...geesh was it crowded!!! Every night. Was on Fremont on Sat, Strip on Sun and Monday. It amazes me that it was ever more crowded, it was hard to get around in some areas!

Lots of fun and unfortunately no big jackpot winners! I thanked them for helping the LV economy and sent them back home today. Still have a couple more hanging out, but we will all be leaving Friday. Sadly.

The weather was just perfect and so much nicer than in June when my sister was here. Now that was the pits on the Strip in that heat, but still very crowded then too.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas