Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-02-2010, 08:25 PM

2,753 posts, read 6,663,267 times

Advertisements

Davie: The chances of Ace presenting his doctoral thesis on temporal mechanics to a sold out crowd at UNLV are significantly greater than my having a meaningful relationship with a woman who's autonomic responses fall within normal parameters.

Thanks for that 411, btw. I can read DMs, but I can't respond to them. What's the cross street to that address that you gave me?

Mojave: No, I haven't. My big worry with them is that I would be parted from Ace permanently, and he's (and getting back with the girls) what's keeping me going. No, he's not human, but looking into his loving eyes gives me the strength to make it through another day.

LVD: Are we talking about getting a rental voucher from Clark County Social Services? The same group that denied me medical coverage for eight months, even though I was in obvious need? It is to laugh! They only give three vouchers, and the are so loathe to provide them, that they force one to jump through hoops of ever increasing difficulty.

You feel unsafe in the apartment where I couch surfed for weeks? The only fear that I'd have there is being forced to sing show tunes.

Even though it's rough with them, I'm going to stick it out for now. If one were to take them at their word, they'll back off one I get a job. Living with them while I'm working will give me a chance to save up for a place of my own, as long as I give them a taste of my salary. I have a couple of leads, so I might as play the hand I'm dealt.

I should be able to go out tomorrow, I'll let you know.

Kingfish: Welcome to Vegas, and best of luck with your move here. It does take some getting used to, but stick with itan and you'll enjoy yourself.

Old 09-02-2010, 08:36 PM

10,494 posts, read 27,232,909 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aqualung8705 View Post
Davie: The chances of Ace presenting his doctoral thesis on temporal mechanics to a sold out crowd at UNLV are significantly greater than my having a meaningful relationship with a woman who's autonomic responses fall within normal parameters.

Thanks for that 411, btw. I can read DMs, but I can't respond to them. What's the cross street to that address that you gave me?

Mojave: No, I haven't. My big worry with them is that I would be parted from Ace permanently, and he's (and getting back with the girls) what's keeping me going. No, he's not human, but looking into his loving eyes gives me the strength to make it through another day.

LVD: Are we talking about getting a rental voucher from Clark County Social Services? The same group that denied me medical coverage for eight months, even though I was in obvious need? It is to laugh! They only give three vouchers, and the are so loathe to provide them, that they force one to jump through hoops of ever increasing difficulty.

Edit: I was referring to social services. I did not know you had that experience with them before.

You feel unsafe in the apartment where I couch surfed for weeks? The only fear that I'd have there is being forced to sing show tunes.

Even though it's rough with them, I'm going to stick it out for now. If one were to take them at their word, they'll back off one I get a job. Living with them while I'm working will give me a chance to save up for a place of my own, as long as I give them a taste of my salary. I have a couple of leads, so I might as play the hand I'm dealt.

I should be able to go out tomorrow, I'll let you know.

Kingfish: Welcome to Vegas, and best of luck with your move here. It does take some getting used to, but stick with itan and you'll enjoy yourself.
No Aqualung, I was not referring to where I am at now as it is safe. I am referring to the dump where I am moving to in a week from now. As I said, me and Pommymommy both want you to go to the DDO tomorrow. All you have to do is show up.

Old 09-02-2010, 08:46 PM

I won't stoop to their level, VLWH, it's below my sense of honor.

Old 09-02-2010, 08:56 PM

2,036 posts, read 4,243,243 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aqualung8705 View Post
Are we talking about getting a rental voucher from Clark County Social Services? The same group that denied me medical coverage for eight months, even though I was in obvious need? It is to laugh! They only give three vouchers, and the are so loathe to provide them, that they force one to jump through hoops of ever increasing difficulty.
Aqua, is it impossible, difficult or not worth your time? Have you taken the time to appeal? Are you ignoring the process just because its inconvenient?

Whats the deal? Why is everything a hard luck situation with you? You seem to have a chip on your shoulder in spite of your dire situation. I see your situation as tragic, but not one where you can sit and judge the process and the people, regardless of the lack of respect they show you, that are in place to help you. Sure, your sis and husband are pond scum but you have to get thyne ass in gear! What are you doing everyday? The #1 resource you have access to is a bed, a rooftop and, hopefully, bus fare. You're gonna have to clean up and sit and wait for services and pound the pavement for applications.

How does a typical day get spent? What is your plan of attack each morning? Can we focus on the process and a little hope? Something positive...for a change? Not everything is a hopeless cause. Take some generic Tylenol and suck it up or I'm afraid its only going to get more painful for you. I don't want to see that happen to a good person like you.

You have a lot of wonderful personality traits and you're just flat out likable. It's time to be resourceful. 10 job applications a day is not impossible, 20 is better. It's a numbers game. What has come of all the resources people have suggested?

Old 09-02-2010, 10:02 PM

Actually, I sleep on the floor. Long story.

I have some good news today. I was at the doctor, and my bp was 133/70. Even better, I was able to convince him to refer me to a surgeon. God willing and the creek doesn't rise, I'll persuade the surgeon to reverse my colostomy.

Old 09-02-2010, 10:11 PM

2,036 posts, read 4,243,243 times
Aqua, I'm so happy to hear that. Hopefully, you will get access to the services you need and soon. Godspeed, friend.

Old 09-02-2010, 11:03 PM

9,376 posts, read 11,942,825 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingfish22 View Post
A little off topic BUT.....
In exactly 7 days I'll be in Vegas....in my new house.
I can't wait!
You are not off topic, this is a chat thread...anything is good (well, most anything). Congrats and WELCOME!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by las vegas drunk View Post
I thought I was safe where I am now for at least another year so I spent a good $2,000 on a high end computer, monitor, television, speakers etc. I did this years ago and came home to find my door busted down and everything gone. I did not have insurance either so I was screwed. As far as a dog, I would love to have one but I am too irresponsible, plus I could not afford the proper medical care so I would not put an animal through that.
I don't consider you irresponsible when you know that you cannot afford the proper medical care for an animal. I consider that very responsible. But, as far as the doorbell, do crooks really ring it before they are going to break in? Make sure you get a light on a timer for when you are gone and set it to come on a little differently every so often in case someone is scoping....take care there!

Old 09-02-2010, 11:08 PM

Now would be the perfect time for me to get the surgery.

This isn't me, I'm not normally like this. Back before I got this millstone I once worked a month with only one day off. Now?

I know that I'll go back to the man that I was if I can have this done.

Old 09-03-2010, 01:30 AM

10,481 posts, read 25,277,930 times
I'm sure many burglars won't ring the doorbell first, but many of them do to try and figure out if someone is home first, then if nobody answers or they don't hear a dog, they try to peek in your windows to see what you have and try to break in. If they hear a dog bark or someone answers, they move on the next place.
No matter where you live, always secure it the best you can, and the timers are also good, we use them, and have since the 1990's. Program lights, TV, music, whatever. Make it seem like you are there when you aren't. And never answer the door after dark to anyone you don't know anyway. or during the daytime too for that matter.

Old 09-03-2010, 01:39 AM

10,481 posts, read 25,277,930 times
Where is the 89103 zip code? I saw a job posted on jobs.com that looked interesting enough to check it out, but not sure where that zip is.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas