Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-02-2010, 02:55 PM

9,376 posts, read 11,944,570 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavieJ89 View Post
My gf and I moved into our apartment and we really like it. The apartment is very spacious (perhaps because we dont have our bed and sofa in yet?) and very clean.

In spite of the complex being on Sierra Vista, it is both gated and guarded at night

But we like it and are happy with it so far
Congrats! I am glad that you are liking it so far! Did you ever get anyone to help you move your furniture?

Old 09-02-2010, 03:42 PM

10,494 posts, read 27,238,533 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mojavedxer View Post
Have you looked into our local charities for help with a no cost or low cost housing solution and job assistance. You would be amazed what Catholic Charities and Salvation Army will do for you if you ask for help.
Great idea. Aqualung can get up to a $400 voucher each month since he is not working that he could use to rent a room and get out of that hellhole situation.

Last edited by las vegas drunk; 09-02-2010 at 04:16 PM.. Reason: drunk posting grammar

Old 09-02-2010, 03:46 PM

4,947 posts, read 10,812,108 times
A little off topic BUT.....
In exactly 7 days I'll be in Vegas....in my new house.
I can't wait!

Old 09-02-2010, 04:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavieJ89 View Post
My gf and I moved into our apartment and we really like it. The apartment is very spacious (perhaps because we dont have our bed and sofa in yet?) and very clean.

In spite of the complex being on Sierra Vista, it is both gated and guarded at night

But we like it and are happy with it so far
I will also be moving out in a week from today. My apartment is not safe though and I am getting paranoid about someone breaking in when I am at work and cleaning me out. It already has happened to me in Phoenix before.

Old 09-02-2010, 04:31 PM

10,481 posts, read 25,282,289 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by las vegas drunk View Post
I will also be moving out in a week from today. My apartment is not safe though and I am getting paranoid about someone breaking in when I am at work and cleaning me out. It already has happened to me in Phoenix before.
When you go to work and leave your new apt, don't think all day long that someone will break in and steal your meager possessions while you are gone. Chances are no one will. But if you constantly think they will, the forces of nature will make it happen. You get what you think about. So think happier thoughts. And buy yourself a nice new deadbolt lock plus some door armor. Get an alarm system. Get a barking doorbell.

Old 09-02-2010, 04:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PinkString View Post
When you go to work and leave your new apt, don't think all day long that someone will break in and steal your meager possessions while you are gone. Chances are no one will. But if you constantly think they will, the forces of nature will make it happen. You get what you think about. So think happier thoughts. And buy yourself a nice new deadbolt lock plus some door armor. Get an alarm system. Get a barking doorbell.
I thought I was safe where I am now for at least another year so I spent a good $2,000 on a high end computer, monitor, television, speakers etc. I did this years ago and came home to find my door busted down and everything gone. I did not have insurance either so I was screwed. As far as a dog, I would love to have one but I am too irresponsible, plus I could not afford the proper medical care so I would not put an animal through that.

Old 09-02-2010, 05:36 PM

I didn't say to get a dog. I said to get a barking doorbell. So when someone rings your doorbell, they hear a barking dog, instead of the regular doorbell sound. That alone would deter someone thinking of breaking in.
Just do whatever it takes to be safe, even if you are going to be living in a ground floor apt. Get to know your neighbors and watch out for each other.

Old 09-02-2010, 05:39 PM

Barking doorbell and many more.
ThinkGeek :: iChime Programmable Doorbell

Old 09-02-2010, 05:47 PM

10,030 posts, read 9,504,253 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aqualung8705 View Post
I know that anger is one of the stages of grief, but they don't have to take it out on me.

One of my sister's cats (Sunset, 7 years old) died at the vet's last night from renal failure. We were just finishing grocery shopping at Wally World when the call came in. As I approached the back of the car bil told me what happened, and said that I should get in the car and shut up, or he'd pound me. Ok, I silently get in the car. I sit there for a minute, and my sister angerly asks if I'm going to say anything. I start to offer my condolences, and the both go off on me, both in the car, and later at home. Fine, I'll stay out of it. I know that if something happened to one of my iggies, I'd want someone's shoulder to cry on, and wouldn't attack them if they were offering me emotional support. But that's just me. They also took the opportunity to remind me that they plan to kick me out on the street when my time is up. I'm at the point where I'm convinced that they're looking forward to it, and will have a party after I leave.
If you do find a place before that time, move out without telling them. Then leave a note telling them to kiss your a$$.

Old 09-02-2010, 05:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PinkString View Post
Barking doorbell and many more.
ThinkGeek :: iChime Programmable Doorbell
Thanks Pink. I literally thought barking doorbell was a a slang term for a dog.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas