Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-02-2010, 11:27 AM

5,779 posts, read 14,593,219 times

Advertisements

My gf and I moved into our apartment and we really like it. The apartment is very spacious (perhaps because we dont have our bed and sofa in yet?) and very clean.

In spite of the complex being on Sierra Vista, it is both gated and guarded at night

But we like it and are happy with it so far

Old 09-02-2010, 11:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dynimagelv View Post
if the "touristas" are critical of Las Vegas or come to the forum ONLY to bash us....yes...we bash back with a vengance...if they are coming to the forum because they LOVE Las Vegas like we do , I dont think you'll find any bashing....GIve US the respect and we'll give it back....start shinola and we'll shine all over ya.
Wanted to rep you but I need to spread some love

Great Post Dyni!

Old 09-02-2010, 11:32 AM

2,753 posts, read 6,672,096 times
I know that anger is one of the stages of grief, but they don't have to take it out on me.

One of my sister's cats (Sunset, 7 years old) died at the vet's last night from renal failure. We were just finishing grocery shopping at Wally World when the call came in. As I approached the back of the car bil told me what happened, and said that I should get in the car and shut up, or he'd pound me. Ok, I silently get in the car. I sit there for a minute, and my sister angerly asks if I'm going to say anything. I start to offer my condolences, and the both go off on me, both in the car, and later at home. Fine, I'll stay out of it. I know that if something happened to one of my iggies, I'd want someone's shoulder to cry on, and wouldn't attack them if they were offering me emotional support. But that's just me. They also took the opportunity to remind me that they plan to kick me out on the street when my time is up. I'm at the point where I'm convinced that they're looking forward to it, and will have a party after I leave.

Old 09-02-2010, 11:38 AM

15,370 posts, read 39,142,068 times
Just a little note.....I had occassion to go over to that OTHER state last weekend...and on the way back noticed the LOUSY driving on I15......very nearly ALL of it by cars with Nevada license plates.....

Old 09-02-2010, 11:38 AM

3,622 posts, read 5,599,513 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DavieJ89 View Post
My gf and I moved into our apartment and we really like it. The apartment is very spacious (perhaps because we dont have our bed and sofa in yet?) and very clean.

In spite of the complex being on Sierra Vista, it is both gated and guarded at night

Good! I hope it works out for you. I'm curious if the crime is as bad as some say. Keep us updated.

Old 09-02-2010, 12:12 PM

2,753 posts, read 6,672,096 times
Congrats on getting the place with your GF, Davie. It must be nice to have someone you can hold onto thru goodtimes and bad.

Old 09-02-2010, 12:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aqualung8705 View Post
Congrats on getting the place with your GF, Davie. It must be nice to have someone you can hold onto thru goodtimes and bad.
It is nice, and I do not take it for granted.

Dont worry Aqua, you WILL find somebody.

Old 09-02-2010, 12:39 PM

1,818 posts, read 3,840,334 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DavieJ89 View Post

Living with someone can be difficult at first. That time you use to have to yourself is mostly gone. There will be an adjustment period. For both of you. Give each other some space when needed.

Enjoy your new place.

Old 09-02-2010, 12:41 PM

1,410 posts, read 3,322,562 times
Sadly it's not that easy. What are the percentages? 1 out of 10 relationships is wonderful and rewarding to both involved? Whenever you are thinking couples have it the best, remember those odds and also that 5 out of the 10 don't do any holding on anymore and stay together only because they are stuck financially. Single people do not have to worry about anyone else's feelings, wants, needs or demands and cannot have their day ruined by the other person's mood or expectations. You think things are demoralizing with your sister and bil now, just imagine a wife or girlfriend who "wanted things" and demanded you live accordingly to get them.

Old 09-02-2010, 01:47 PM

2,457 posts, read 4,728,114 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aqualung8705 View Post
I know that anger is one of the stages of grief, but they don't have to take it out on me.

One of my sister's cats (Sunset, 7 years old) died at the vet's last night from renal failure. We were just finishing grocery shopping at Wally World when the call came in. As I approached the back of the car bil told me what happened, and said that I should get in the car and shut up, or he'd pound me. Ok, I silently get in the car. I sit there for a minute, and my sister angerly asks if I'm going to say anything. I start to offer my condolences, and the both go off on me, both in the car, and later at home. Fine, I'll stay out of it. I know that if something happened to one of my iggies, I'd want someone's shoulder to cry on, and wouldn't attack them if they were offering me emotional support. But that's just me. They also took the opportunity to remind me that they plan to kick me out on the street when my time is up. I'm at the point where I'm convinced that they're looking forward to it, and will have a party after I leave.
Have you looked into our local charities for help with a no cost or low cost housing solution and job assistance. You would be amazed what Catholic Charities and Salvation Army will do for you if you ask for help.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas