Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-30-2010, 06:42 PM

13,814 posts, read 28,488,891 times

Advertisements

Aqua...if you get ahold of those BMG tickets, you may want to offer them to your sister and husband as a thanks for providing shelter in your time of need. Appreciation may go a far way in your situation.

Old 08-30-2010, 07:52 PM

762 posts, read 1,561,760 times
This is just for LVD
Maybe you will understand
and don't walk in my shoes, my feet always hurt

Fear Less, Hope More
Eat less, Chew More
Whine less, Breathe More
Talk less, Say More
Hate less, Love More

Old 08-30-2010, 07:55 PM

2,753 posts, read 6,663,267 times
She's already seen them, JFK. She's a room reservationist for MGM, and saw them when the were at the Luxor. The only thing the appreciate is $$$.

County medical is a pain in the butt. I just almost three hours waiting for my meds just to find out that they don't cover Diazepam. It's $4.89, but it might as well be $489. And I know better than to ask the gruesome twosome for it.

Old 08-30-2010, 08:17 PM

Sometimes, it's just the thought that you might appreciate what they are doing for you is what counts.

And think about it this way, given the tenseness of the situation, they might welcome a night out, alone to themselves, and away from the situation. You, on the other hand, migt just get an evening to relax while they're gone.

Old 08-30-2010, 08:52 PM

23,209 posts, read 29,023,557 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aqualung8705 View Post
Further proof that my brother in law is an a$$hole.

Last night my lower back had a major spasm (getting off the can), and slmost totally went out on me. I yelled out in pain, but managed to get to the couch. I told him what was the matter, and he said, "Maybe if you lost weight." He further stated that didn't believe me, and that I'm lying to get out of looking for work. He also mockingly asked if he should call 911. Sympathy from my sister? None.
I don't dock people for lack of sympathy, compassion. Some people are simply not equipped to sympathasize but that doesn't make them bad people, by a long shot. My own sister is incapable of it, but she has other redeeming features. I have friends who aren't equipped for sympathy, but I'm not going to end my friendship with them, because of it. Same with my mother.

My roommate of 11 years wouldn't know how to spell the word, but, aside from that, he has other steriling qualities. He's forever doing things around the house which would be invisible to me, if I wasn't alert to them,
like cleaning the house, sweeping out the garage, cleaning the litter papers for my ferret every day, fixing things, and never, in 11 years, has he ever tooted his horn to tell me he did it. He does it, never expecting a thank-you for it.

By the end of this recession, people's sympathy, compassion will be maxed out. I'm forever reading these hard-luck stories in the LV REview Journal every week. Haven't even recovered yet from the couple who had been living in a tent in the desert for two years and just had a baby. After reading one of these stories, I'm drained!

And how many times have you sympathasized with your sister and brother-in-law? Sympathy: putting yourself in someone else's shoes. Let's hope you're not throwing stones in glass houses. All so easy to do.

Last edited by tijlover; 08-30-2010 at 08:53 PM.. Reason: Edit

Old 08-30-2010, 09:04 PM

3,622 posts, read 5,592,181 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skisickie View Post
This is just for LVD
Maybe you will understand
and don't walk in my shoes, my feet always hurt

Fear Less, Hope More
Eat less, Chew More
Whine less, Breathe More
Talk less, Say More
Hate less, Love More
Hey! *that* is my favorite saying!

Old 08-30-2010, 11:20 PM

They have done some things for me, but they always have a full symphony accompanying them when they do. I've "loaned" them money many times, even when I barely had it myself. If I even ask for a dollar of it back, my sister yells at me that they don't have it, and that they have bills to pay. Don't I count as one of their bills?

Old 08-31-2010, 05:54 AM

Nope. You are not their responsibility. IMO, you are really thinking wrongly. A 45-year old man should be living independently and be self-supporting, barring mental retardation. It's just the way life is. Make it your immediate goal...and only YOU have the power to do it.

Old 08-31-2010, 08:18 AM

Personally, I think both you and LVD need a reality check of what is expected of family responsibility. If my wife's 45-year old brother had no job and was living with us, it would put a huge strain on our marriage...and I would equally be the a$$hole that your brother-in-law is. Similarly, if my 45-year old brother were living with us under the same conditions...I would expect my wife to be an equal a$$hole.

Two people uniting for life in marriage is an incedible struggle to pull off, and needs to be worked on everyday. The 2 people give themselves to each other (and their offspring, if applicable,) and that does not normally extend to each other's family members. Make no doubt...you just being there is a tremendous added stress to the husband-wife relationship. And that is just normal family dynamics...even in the closest of families (which, IMO, are the minority of family types.)

For their sake...and especially your own...you need to get out of there soon.

Old 08-31-2010, 08:30 AM

There marriage isn't the best of things, even w/o me. I wouldn't be like that, no matter what. I believe that all people deserve respect, unless they prove otherwise. I guess that just makes us different.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas