Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-07-2010, 03:07 AM

10,494 posts, read 27,236,682 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavieJ89 View Post
Your car does reflect who you are LVD. Your car says that YOU are a frugal individual who leads a very minimal life. You have THEE most basic transportation of ANYBODY I have ever met

Still LVD hit the road and go somewhere on your next two days off. Have a good time
Your car reflects on what other people think of you, but I still disagree it reflects on who you are. For example, I had a friend in Phoenix who I grew up with. He drove a brand new full size Chevy truck his dad bought for him. His mother drove a brand new Suburban also bought and paid for by his dad (she did not work). However, he drove a beat up old 1979 Toyota Corolla so his wife and son could drive nice vehicles. This was a successful businessman making well over $100,000 a year but he drove a similar car to mine. Something to think about. People most likely think I am a broke loser when they see me driving my car on the road LOL, but I could care less what others think of me. However, you know that is not true. I really am not frugal anymore either. As you have seen, I put all my money into my computers, televisions etc. I figured since I spend 20 minutes a day in my car, and 23 hours a day in my room I would splurge on electronics. As far as your bottom comment, I do plan on going to Mt Charleston so I guess I am taking your advice.

Old 07-07-2010, 08:10 AM

7,940 posts, read 9,492,443 times
The fact is this world is an evil place and I feel God is cleansing it now. I should not post this, but here is the truth. I had the best mother in the world. I loved her so much. She was a beautiful person and the most loving mother anyone could have. I am damn lucky for that, because I would have turned out much worse otherwise. However, my dad was the total opposite. He used to beat me, even breaking bones (fractured) that I wound up in the hospital for (only one time). That stopped when I got older and stronger as I finally threw him through my bedroom window. Sure, I wound up homeless, but at least I stood up for myself. He has since passed in 1999 so that is over. Since I have grown up, I have seen nothing but murders, people hurting animals, and genuine cruelty. This oil spill on the gulf has really gotten to me since it was a deliberate staged act. Every time I see all those oil soaked pelicans it just breaks my heart. Evil, evil, evil is all I see around me. Maybe I am not the person for positive news, but then again I have never had even one positive thing happen in my life. My mother was my best support system but she died in 2005. Now, I just lost grandpa, and on top of that someone had the nerve to severely insult me with a hurtful email. I do not even know what the purpose of life is at all as it certainly is not good.

[+] Rate this post positively

las vegas drunkView Public ProfileSend a direct message to las vegas drunkFind all posts by las vegas drunkAdd las vegas drunk to Your Contacts

[left]

[left] 07-05-2010, 10:32 PM

LVD-I don't see anything wrong in your attitude about life. After reading of your upbringing. Know that there are so many people that care and that are really trying to do what is right. Like even the
small person on TV who rescues Pit Bull dogs from bad situations and finds them good homes. I didn't realize that that guy's good friend, Linda Blair(yep the actress) has property where she takes on rescue pups and gives them warmth and food and training and love and looks for adoption homes. I have been here on city data dot com just a few months while researching Elko, NV.

Speaking of positive places and people, Elko has a great vibe to it. And Lost Wages is really a great place to visit, and perhaps one day relocate to. I love the excitement vibe of being around people when they're having fun.

From what you've been through you're doing great, LVD! Take good care!

Enjoy heading up to Mt. Charleston and being around one of God's beautiful creations. That will be way cool.

Last edited by elkotronics; 07-07-2010 at 08:51 AM..

Old 07-07-2010, 08:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elkotronics View Post
The fact is this world is an evil place and I feel God is cleansing it now. I should not post this, but here is the truth. I had the best mother in the world. I loved her so much. She was a beautiful person and the most loving mother anyone could have. I am damn lucky for that, because I would have turned out much worse otherwise. However, my dad was the total opposite. He used to beat me, even breaking bones (fractured) that I wound up in the hospital for (only one time). That stopped when I got older and stronger as I finally threw him through my bedroom window. Sure, I wound up homeless, but at least I stood up for myself. He has since passed in 1999 so that is over. Since I have grown up, I have seen nothing but murders, people hurting animals, and genuine cruelty. This oil spill on the gulf has really gotten to me since it was a deliberate staged act. Every time I see all those oil soaked pelicans it just breaks my heart. Evil, evil, evil is all I see around me. Maybe I am not the person for positive news, but then again I have never had even one positive thing happen in my life. My mother was my best support system but she died in 2005. Now, I just lost grandpa, and on top of that someone had the nerve to severely insult me with a hurtful email. I do not even know what the purpose of life is at all as it certainly is not good.

[+] Rate this post positively

las vegas drunkView Public ProfileSend a direct message to las vegas drunkFind all posts by las vegas drunkAdd las vegas drunk to Your Contacts

[LEFT][LEFT]#4176 [/LEFT]

[LEFT] 07-05-2010, 10:32 PM

LVD-I don't see anything wrong in your attitude about life. After reading of your upbringing. Know that there are so many people that care and that are really trying to do what is right. Like even the
small person on TV who rescues Pit Bull dogs from the bad situations and finds them good homes. I didn't realize that that guy's good friend, Linda Blair(yep the actress) has property where she takes on rescue pups and gives them warmth and food and training and love and looks for adoption homes. I have been here on city data dot com just a few months while researching Elko, NV.

Speaking of positive places and people, Elko has a great vibe to it. And Lost Wages is really a great place to visit, and perhaps one day relocate to. I love the excitement vibe of being around people when they're having fun.

From what you've been through you're doing great, LVD! Take good care!

Enjoy heading up to Mt. Charleston and being around one of God's beautiful creations. That will be way cool.
Thanks

Old 07-07-2010, 08:53 AM

7,940 posts, read 9,492,443 times
LVD-naw, it's nothing. Really. Fuu-gett-aah-bou-dit.

Now go have a great time!

Old 07-07-2010, 11:30 AM

5,779 posts, read 14,573,061 times
LVd, how does one's car reflect on what OTHERS think of them?

Old 07-07-2010, 03:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavieJ89 View Post
LVd, how does one's car reflect on what OTHERS think of them?
Because when you are driving down the street that is all you see. It certainly looks better to be driving a new Mercedes than my car. However, my point is that you never know their own financial situation. They just might be a $30,000 a year millionaire.

Old 07-07-2010, 04:46 PM

Exclamation Emergency, Aqualung8705 needs help

Aqualung just informed me today him and the family lived with got evicted today. I just picked him and his three dogs up. The constable notice is there on the door, so this is no joke. The problem is where I live is not my place, and there is a 2 dog limit where I live. He also has no money at all so my roommate is obviously not going to let him stay here. My roommate is out right now so I have no idea what he is going to do. If anyone would be so gracious to help him, please DM either me or Aqualung.

Old 07-07-2010, 04:57 PM

7,112 posts, read 13,155,087 times
3 dogs? Thats gonna be hard to accommodate.

Old 07-07-2010, 05:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by von949 View Post
3 dogs? Thats gonna be hard to accommodate.
They are all very small Italian Greyhounds.

Italian Greyhound - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Old 07-07-2010, 05:13 PM

14,229 posts, read 30,026,719 times
That's terrible news. I'm very sorry.

You are a good guy to help him out.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas