Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-09-2010, 09:50 PM

23,209 posts, read 29,018,601 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavieJ89 View Post
LVD. I WILL NOT repeat WILL NOT let my car get repoed. None of you know how much that car really means to me, and I will be homeless before I let somebody take it from me.

If Im unable to pay my rent and end up sleeping in the car than fine! Of all my possessions I have, that Nissan Altima is the last thing I will let go! If the finance company or any thieves want to take it, they'll do so over my dead cold body
Back in 1972, when I was 21, I left MN for Denver with a new Chevy Vega with a $300 down payment, to start a new life. First three weeks spent in a homeless shelter. Never made one payment on that car, changed addresses 5 times in 5 months, and they finally caught up with me. One morning, getting ready for work, loud banging on the door. Keys, please!

Whew!!! With lightning speed, I discovered the bus system in Denver!

Old 07-09-2010, 10:08 PM

946 posts, read 2,603,328 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tijlover View Post
Back in 1972, when I was 21, I left MN for Denver with a new Chevy Vega with a $300 down payment, to start a new life. First three weeks spent in a homeless shelter. Never made one payment on that car, changed addresses 5 times in 5 months, and they finally caught up with me. One morning, getting ready for work, loud banging on the door. Keys, please!

OMG! For a Vega! If you hadn't posted this I would have never believed it.

My girlfriend 20 years ago had a Vega, while I worked at a Honda specialty shop. The Vega was like a tractor--and having driven tractors, I mean that literally. Hers was paid for but since all I knew to work on was Hondas, we sent it next door to a mechanic who must have cursed but gave us good prices. As we were always back.

Old 07-09-2010, 10:13 PM

23,209 posts, read 29,018,601 times
Another 3 day, fast, intense LV getaway.

In a rented Nissan Spectra, up to Salt Lake City for a couple days with my ferret, stayed in Provo. FYI, various streteches of I-15 in Utah now have 80MPH posted speed limits, how sweet! Meaning, you can drive shy of 100 and not worry about getting a ticket!

Rode every inch of their light rail system, at the UMC train stop on the hill, you get a sweeping view of the city and valley! They have two new rail routes under construction, one to West Valley and one to the Airport & beyond. Also a commuter train line between SLC and Provo. Lots of new construction in downtown SLC.

Spent a couple hours one nite walking my leash-trained ferret around Brigham Young University in Provo, he always draws a lot of attention, they all want to pick him up, take photo's.

SLC is so beautiful, I love cities with wrap around mountains like Las Vegas.
Poor Denver, only mountains to the west!

Took Route 89 south of SLC to Bryce and Cedar City, passing thru all the
farm towns along the way.

Walked my ferret around the Southern Utah University campus last night, lots of green grass for him to roll around in with spectators.

Short, sweet, intense trip. Always good to get back to my old 80's Toyota's.
These new high tech cars today! Grrr! Just that endless buzzing when you don't have your seat belt on is enough for me to say No-way-Jose to getting a new car!

Old 07-10-2010, 01:20 AM

1,818 posts, read 3,835,450 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tijlover View Post

I had a '72 Vega that I loved. It was no tractor. I milled the head, installed a aluminum intake, header and Holly two barrel carb. It was fast, handled good and it was the most fun car I've owned. Maybe because I was young.

I also has a Vega with a 400+ HP V8 in it.

Old 07-10-2010, 08:32 AM

2,753 posts, read 6,662,283 times
I've heard from the person taking care of Queen that she's doing well. I miss her very much, and hope to get her back as soon as I can get back on my feet.

Is there anyone here who can please help me with Ace and Jackie? I need to find a place for Ace ASAP. I admit that he needs a firmer hand with his house training. He needs to be able to get out into a back yard on a regular basis.

They do have Italian Greyhound rescue here in Vegas, but I don't know if they can provide they type of help that I need.

I know that I'm asking a lot, and I once again thank you all for your assistance, and indulgence. I wouldn't blame a single one of you for writing me off as a worthless loser. A big part of me died when my mother passed away, and little bits of me have been dying ever since.

If anyone can help with a loving, temporary home for Ace and Jackie, please contact either me or LVD via DM.

As always, prayers and well wishes greatly appreciated.

Last edited by aqualung8705; 07-10-2010 at 08:41 AM..

Old 07-10-2010, 02:18 PM

10,481 posts, read 25,275,556 times
Sorry I cannot help with the iggies. I have 2 cats that would see them as snack material. And my kitties have claws. Not a good combo.
Try asking on the Pass It On site as well. I know you signed up there some time back. Also, if you haven't, check the links on Pass it on and sign up with Las Vegas Treasures and ask there too. The more possibilities, the better.

Old 07-10-2010, 02:24 PM

5,779 posts, read 14,569,849 times
I was gonna rep you for that post just now Pink but I gotta spread it around

Old 07-10-2010, 02:27 PM

Thanks, Pink. There's another member who might be taking them both in, I just have to hear back from them.

This whole thing is tearing me apart.

Old 07-10-2010, 02:32 PM

9,855 posts, read 10,409,326 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aqualung8705 View Post
Thanks, Pink. There's another member who might be taking them both in, I just have to hear back from them.

This whole thing is tearing me apart.
Hang in there aqua.

Old 07-10-2010, 07:18 PM

Thanks, Pommy.

Ace and Jackie are at their foster home, and are doing well. They have two Cockers to play with, but I know that the miss me. I do, I've never been apart from them more than a day or two. I pray that I'm able to get back on my feet asap, so that we can be reunited.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas