Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-04-2009, 02:18 PM

471 posts, read 625,407 times

Advertisements

Thank you kimbao!!!

Ok for once I can agree with you somewhat. Sure I might get bored of the women, lights, restaurants, etc.

I probably will everything gets less exciting after a while. So when I get bored I'll leave. No big deal right? I always have a home to go back to if I get bored of Vegas and I am thankful to God for that.

Now I don't agree with you that I'll end up broke on the street and once again I'm thankful to God for that...BUT I really don't want to discuss finances so I'll just leave it at that.

Old 02-04-2009, 02:20 PM

Wait how would I be messed up physically, mentally, financially, emotionally? You say everyone has a breakin point. Breaking from WHAT?

You say people who have nice homes and nice cars and lots of money STILL leave bc they didn't think it would be what they thought? Are you saying that the pretty women have left Vegas? No more shows, restaurants, strip clubs? I'm not looking for more than that.

Explain that (please). I want completely understand what it is you're saying. These discussions help me out a lot.

Last edited by lexusman199; 02-04-2009 at 02:34 PM..

Old 02-04-2009, 02:35 PM

9,376 posts, read 11,949,011 times
Not sure that I said you WOULD be broke, I said (or meant) if...

Anyone who has any bit of common sense and continues on the path you are excitedly going there for, could end up those ways-just spent. Not just financially-the rest I mentioned too. Look at actors or people who begged for fame and then end up a wreck after they "live the life" that you want to. It reeks havoc on you. So, by breaking I mean from the crazy lifestyle you are looking for.

You don't have to leave when that lifestyle bores you, you just have to have the sense to stop it. Live normally. Sure have fun still, but chill a little. That lifestyle is mentally and emotionally empty. Sometimes that is ok for a while, but eventually it will catch up to a "normal" (and I use that term loosely)person and they will need more. Maybe you won't.

And I never asked you to discuss your finances. I personally don't care what they are, that is your business and your responsibility. Besides, what would make you think I would be dumb enough to believe anything you say about your finances anyway. Tough enough believing some of the simpler stuff you say. But that is ok, because maybe someone else will read these posts and it will help them make their decision, right?

Old 02-04-2009, 02:45 PM

What your saying is good but it still doesn't answer the central question. You saying I will be spent from that lifestyle.

Ok, how is classes 5 days a week and strip club, dinner, and a show on the weekend going to get me spent? How is hanging out with a hot girl even though she just wants my money going get me spent(other than buying her clothes or w/e or paying her bills)

I mean I can ball like that and not get spent...how could that get me spent? I'll def. b ballin (hot babes hehe), decent car etc etc but how am I getting spent?

Once again I won't discuss money but one thing is for sure I wouldn't have a car or even be coming to vegas if I was broke or was going to become broke obviously. Luckily I am blessed enough to own a car and have the opportunity to come to vegas even.

Last edited by lexusman199; 02-04-2009 at 02:58 PM..

Old 02-04-2009, 03:45 PM

12,908 posts, read 28,001,815 times
why do you keep contradicting yourself... first its 4 classes, two of which are online, the other two are a couple days a week.. then you finally start talking sense and now ghetto trash... then it was i am here in vegas now its i am coming next month... give me a break.

Old 02-04-2009, 03:59 PM

2,404 posts, read 10,689,018 times
i really think everyone should just stop responding to him, I guess, or just start a new official chat thread or just an official lexusman thread or something like that...the Mods obviously seem not to care since there's no way to be off topic in this thread...i mean, you guys can continue to respond to him, i might continue if he says something that actually makes sense, but at the moment he is really making himself look stupid by changing all his stories every other hour...

Old 02-04-2009, 04:03 PM

12,908 posts, read 28,001,815 times
ok so no more responding to him... i'm in....

Old 02-04-2009, 04:05 PM

1,629 posts, read 5,383,788 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by airics View Post
why do you keep contradicting yourself... first its 4 classes, two of which are online, the other two are a couple days a week.. then you finally start talking sense and now ghetto trash... then it was i am here in vegas now its i am coming next month... give me a break.
Exactly! He wants to now become a doctor, but says...if I get bored of Vegas I'll move back home...where does that leave med school? Seriously, I wouldn't be surprised if this kid is 12 years old and just plain bored. It's semi-entertaining at least to respond when there are no questions that need to be answered on the other forums. It's good writing/argument practice

Old 02-04-2009, 04:06 PM

mod cut: attack removed

Kimboa didn't reply...guess he couldn't find a reason why Vegas wouldn't work out (if you did tell me please!). Jono thinks there's only 1 med school in the country LOL!

But on a more serious note my point is this.

Everyone has helped me by telling me how Vegas won't work out or could not work out.

All these suggestions have helped me find solutions.

Best example I can give is you guys telling me that strippers only want me for my paper.

Solution: give them my money and have good time.

Difference: Now I KNOW they couldn't care less about me.

So my point is all the suggestions you have given have really helped me better prepare.

If there are more potential issues or things I should be aware of let me know!!

I want to know every single thing that could potentially be a problem for me in Vegas so I can better prepare.

Thanks to all!

Last edited by scirocco22; 02-04-2009 at 09:28 PM..

Old 02-04-2009, 04:30 PM

1,410 posts, read 3,320,287 times
No, what you want us to tell you is every potential problem in "life" so you can better prepare. You've been told a lot of things but you let it go in one ear and out the other and put your own spin on what is left. Just deal with where you are now and do that as best as you possibly can and everything else will fall into place.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas