Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-05-2009, 01:50 PM

471 posts, read 625,407 times

Advertisements

Sorry olecapt to hear about your loss. *sigh* Theres was no suffering so that's all you can really ask. Again I'm sorry about your dog.

Old 02-05-2009, 01:57 PM

9,376 posts, read 11,949,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by olecapt View Post
Just got the ferals ashes back and the Puppy dog had to be put down.

Didn't suffer at all. In fact Sprite walked into the Vet...until a nice vet tech picked him and whisked him away. We held him as he went over the Rainbow Bridge.

Cancer had gotten into the spleen and liver. We expected he would last a few months but that was not to be. His blood stopped clotting properly and we were not willing to embark on multiple transfusions.

So the $20,000 dog is no more.

Wow. I can't believe it. Seemed he was doing so well with the treatment. I am so sorry to hear about that.

Old 02-05-2009, 01:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lexusman199 View Post
Come on kimbao it's not like that. He joined a frat and messed up BAD (0.7 GPA) so his parents made him leave his frat and now he's bored or w/e so they struck a deal: LV but no frat. Also, he has to leave bc he's gettng kicked out cuz his grades are so bad. Poor guy.
Now, those are some smart parents. Kid couldn't handle a frat and so we send him to Vegas. Strikin' deals? C'mon. Outta sight outta mind.

Now, maybe they should have sent him to some place in Mormon country, Utah.

Old 02-05-2009, 02:04 PM

LOL Mormon country that would not be fun. I mean I c your side but at the same time he's less likely to mess up bc no more frat. And it's cheaper than Vandy too so economically it makes. At Vandy with frat it's like 60 a year now they're only allowing him 45K-50k

15k right there.

Old 02-05-2009, 02:13 PM

1,629 posts, read 5,383,788 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kimba01 View Post
Now, those are some smart parents. Kid couldn't handle a frat and so we send him to Vegas. Strikin' deals? C'mon. Outta sight outta mind.

Now, maybe they should have sent him to some place in Mormon country, Utah.

This is why the Baby Boomer's wealth/family businesses will fail in the future. These parents don't know how to raise their kids, when it comes time for them to retire, who is going to take over the business...their idiot son?

I have to admit, I'm pretty spoiled, but I'm not a spoiled brat. I understand the hard work it took my parents to get to where they are. I understand that no matter how much money you have, you shouldn't waste it. If my parents offer me $1000 extra this month, I'll tell them don't worry about it or put it in my savings account if you really want me to have it. I understand the word accountability. I understand the need to focus on my education and have the ambition to stay focused.

It's honestly pathetic that these parents would have to come to an "agreement" with their son when they are the ones paying for his tuition, clothes, spending money and just because he joined a frat he got a 0.7 GPA? Pathetic, I know people in the frat I'm in who are the chairs of the different departments and still have a full-time job to pay for their tuition.

It's nothing to brag about Lexusman...

Old 02-05-2009, 02:18 PM

Yeah. I agree with you Jono. I'm like you. I'm fiscally responsible, work hard in school, only spend money on things I really want and not just waste it. One of my friends has been through 13 cars and he's like my age! I'm like dang just pick one and stick with it. But if his dad can afford to keep on getting him a new car that's just his blessings. Can't judge him if God wants him to enjoy. I feel kind of bad bc their stuff is paid and I gotta subsidize stuff, have to have a 3.5 min GPA while they can do anything they want.

We've been close friends for a while though I have to have his back.

Old 02-05-2009, 02:19 PM

Hence the reason they call this generation the "entitlement" generation. They grow up with parents that are just to busy to be bothered so they buy "stuff" for the kids and the kids come to expect it.

This kid failed so he needs to sit his butt at home, go to a community college and get a job to pay back the failed year's tuition. Hard lesson. But, then the parents would have to actually take care of him. Easier to ship and hope.

Old 02-05-2009, 02:29 PM

Dang kimba that's harsh. I don't he'd agree to doing that even if his parents told him to.

Old 02-05-2009, 02:35 PM

1,629 posts, read 5,383,788 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lexusman199 View Post
Dang kimba that's harsh. I don't he'd agree to doing that even if his parents told him to.
Unless he has his own house, his own money, his own job, his own insurance, HE HAS NO CHOICE. If he says NO to his parents...what is he going to do run away from home and end up being homeless?

You tell him, you're going to community college for the first two years and getting a job to pay back the wasted tuition I spent on you or get out of the house.

Old 02-05-2009, 02:41 PM

Dang dude. I mean that sounds like boot camp. WHICH REMINDS ME this is actually funny.

A similar thing happened to another friend of mine so they told him to go instate bc it's cheaper and he just refused.

Even though they got him back home, all he does is play GOLF from 9-5 at his country club!!!

LOL I just think that's awesome/halarious.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas