Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-10-2011, 03:30 PM

10,481 posts, read 25,291,990 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by unf0rgiven6262 View Post
My dog got sick last night and threw up on the patio. I came out this morning to see cockroaches finishing off the last of it. They literally cleaned up the whole mess perfectly. I guess they are good for something.
Ewwwwwww!!!

Old 07-10-2011, 04:37 PM

9,855 posts, read 10,416,518 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by las vegas drunk View Post
Here is an update on the latest killing on the strip. Unlike the two previous stabbings, this guy is no murderer and obviously did not intend to kill the victim. He obviously did not know his own strength. It is a sad situation all around.

SIster of tourist charged in O'Shea's murder defends his name - www.ktnv.com (http://www.ktnv.com/125256109.html - broken link)
Sad that someone can ruin their life in the blink of an eye. I'm sure he didn't expect the man to die but he is responsible for the man's death.

Old 07-10-2011, 04:52 PM

3,622 posts, read 5,595,667 times
On a more positive note...I went on a midnight hike up at Mt. Charleston last night. It was beautiful and magical...the moon brightly outlined trees and the mountains. I also saw two meteors!

Old 07-10-2011, 07:39 PM

23,223 posts, read 29,056,523 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pommysmommy View Post
Sad that someone can ruin their life in the blink of an eye. I'm sure he didn't expect the man to die but he is responsible for the man's death.
And that can happen to any of us who drive a car. You were distracted, the glaring sun was in your eyes, didn't see the red light, just your luck you crash into a pregnent woman driver. Involuntary manslaughter charge!

You were distracted, it was late at night, you were tired, you didn't see that man in the crosswalk. Involuntary manslaughter charge, once again!

At any rate, off to prison you go! "Innocent" accidents can happen to any of us!

Last edited by tijlover; 07-10-2011 at 07:40 PM.. Reason: edit

Old 07-10-2011, 11:24 PM

2,753 posts, read 6,667,285 times
Quote:
Aqua, man, you gotta take what you can get. If we can tell you're consistently looking for what's wrong with the people who are helping you out I'm sure they can pick up on it very easily. Nobody is going to want to let you use anything if they feel you don't even appreciate what's already being given to you.
I DO appreciate that they've taken me back in. I'm just having fun getting used to it all again. I just miss my dogs...

Quote:
Originally Posted by pommysmommy View Post
I have to take this one step further. Aqua, I have much respect for you but you have to realize that your sister has no obligation to give you shelter. You should be kissing her behind not bashing her on this forum. I have a brother who wants to come to "visit". I told him no for various reasons.
Yes, Pommy, I'm working on kissing her behind. I just remember when our late mother said that her first words were her attempt to say my real_name.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimba01 View Post
What is their reason for that? I just don't get it. If I allow someone to stay at my house when I know that they don't have anything, I know what I am in for. I am sure they don't like that you were on the streets and that is nice of them to let you stay there. But, it isn't their first rodeo, yours either. Both of you know how each other are and what to expect. Good luck with the job and congrats!
Thanks, Kimba. I start out on the range tomorrow, doing pre-trip inspections. I just wish that I hadn't broken my shades!

Quote:
I was in Aqualung's situation in 2005. I came back to Phoenix from Vegas completely broke with less than $100 to my name. I managed to get a job immediately that literally gave me 100 hours a week. Both my parents are deceased so I begged my sister and BIL(have since divorced) to temporarily live with them until I could get on my feet. I would barely have even been there with all the hours I was working. They flat out said no way. I ended up living in my car for a month after which I rented a room. It was summer time so it really sucked. I got an email from my sister 2 months ago saying she is getting married in December and she wants me to be the best man. Needless to say, I never even responded back. My friends say I am being heartless and cruel, but I do not see it that way. What she did to me was cruel so paybacks are a b i t c h.
As you know, LVD, both of our parents are gone too, and I'm the one who found our mother's body. What would I do in your situation? I'd be your sister's best man. From what I understand, she's your only family. Our mother was an only child, and I really don't know our late father's side of the family. Family is family, no matter how bad things get. Yes, I know that I complained about things, but people do that. Part of being an "old" fart, I guess.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PinkString View Post
You may not like the following, but you need to "hear" it.
You never seem grateful when they take you in. Why should they keep doing it over and over and over again? As much as you put down your sister and brother in law, they still take you in out of the kindness of their hearts. They don't have to, but they do because they care about you.
Quit insulting them in a public forum. They have computers and are probably reading all of this. Which will result in your being kicked out permanently. You have to be doing something or saying something for them to treat you like dirt, *IF* they really are. I'd like to hear their side of it all. I really doubt they are such monsters. If they really were, they'd tell you to get lost forever.

For less than $400 a month, you can get your own apt over by LVD. It's way past time to stand on your own two feet and have your own pad. Quit expecting people to bail you out over and over again. We'd like to start reading some positive news from you for a change.
Sigh...yes, Pink. I'm not sure where LVD is living now, but it's probably a lot further than where I am now. I have a bus pass, given to me by the school, and I'm very happy not to have to sleep on a park bench, in this weather, especially since I've got a touch of a cold/flu that I've had for the past week. My sister is letting me use her computer while she takes a nap, and I'm quite happy that she did.

Old 07-11-2011, 09:45 AM

3,728 posts, read 9,476,338 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aqualung8705 View Post
I DO appreciate that they've taken me back in. I'm just having fun getting used to it all again. I just miss my dogs...

Yes, Pommy, I'm working on kissing her behind. I just remember when our late mother said that her first words were her attempt to say my real_name.

Thanks, Kimba. I start out on the range tomorrow, doing pre-trip inspections. I just wish that I hadn't broken my shades!

As you know, LVD, both of our parents are gone too, and I'm the one who found our mother's body. What would I do in your situation? I'd be your sister's best man. From what I understand, she's your only family. Our mother was an only child, and I really don't know our late father's side of the family. Family is family, no matter how bad things get. Yes, I know that I complained about things, but people do that. Part of being an "old" fart, I guess.

Sigh...yes, Pink. I'm not sure where LVD is living now, but it's probably a lot further than where I am now. I have a bus pass, given to me by the school, and I'm very happy not to have to sleep on a park bench, in this weather, especially since I've got a touch of a cold/flu that I've had for the past week. My sister is letting me use her computer while she takes a nap, and I'm quite happy that she did.
Good luck to you aqua, keep your chin up and continue to work towards your new career. Things will get better!

Prayers and good karma out to you!

Old 07-11-2011, 11:47 AM

2,557 posts, read 4,569,569 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lyra33 View Post
On a more positive note...I went on a midnight hike up at Mt. Charleston last night. It was beautiful and magical...the moon brightly outlined trees and the mountains. I also saw two meteors!
Awesome. Sounds like something I'd love to do. Which trail did you go up?

Old 07-11-2011, 12:12 PM

2,180 posts, read 4,538,404 times
Trail info?

Old 07-11-2011, 08:01 PM

2,753 posts, read 6,667,285 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MomMom View Post
Good luck to you aqua, keep your chin up and continue to work towards your new career. Things will get better!

Prayers and good karma out to you!
Thanks, MomMom. It was pretty interesting out on the range today. Besides doing pre-trip inspections, and coupling and uncoupling the tractor trailers, Mr. Morris (no, he's not a cat ) let me drive the tractor back to its parking spot. That was fun! Not the easiest thing I've ever done, but I'll get used to it.

Quote:
Awesome. Sounds like something I'd love to do. Which trail did you go up?
I saw smoke up on the mountains today. Maybe the meteors hit?

Old 07-11-2011, 10:10 PM

23,223 posts, read 29,056,523 times
Quote:
Are you going to take your roommate with you when you move to Phoenix next year?
He may very well go with, who knows!

But I just discovered mhvillage.com, call up any city, it will give you the lowest price mobile home in any city in the country, lot rent, map, nearby attractions, etc.

Some surprises in there! Curiously, I called up San Diego, what's the cheapest mobile home for sale there? I've always assumed the lot rent down here will kill you, even if you buy a mobile for $5k. Not so! Found 3 55+ mobile home parks with a lot rent at around $500, but they're co-ops, the board needs to approve you before you buy. No sweat there!

Sheesh! You can pay $400-$600 lot rent right here in Las Vegas! Or Phoenix or Tucson!

Spotted an older 60's mobile home with lots of photo's, only one large bedroom, in San Diego, for $13k. Step up a bit in cost for a 2 bedroom!

So! Now San Diego is in the running! I hate San Diego! Boring! Boring! But, I'd be cantina-hopping weekends, getting some cheap medical care across the border in Tijuana! Spend some time in Rosarito/Ensenada!

All depends on what I get for my paid-off house here in Las Vegas!

Last edited by tijlover; 07-11-2011 at 10:12 PM.. Reason: edit
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas