Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-09-2011, 11:47 PM

10,494 posts, read 27,250,314 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by unf0rgiven6262 View Post
Grudges are like splinters that slide deep into your soul. Soon you have so many splinters, you don't even recognize what a grudge is anymore. Stating to others that you are an only child only further deepens the splinter. While you may somehow feel as though you're giving her what's due to her by disowning her in your mind, you are only poisoning your own well being. I know because I had the same paradoxical views about my parents growing up with my grandmother.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kimba01 View Post

Heartless. Eh, maybe. But, worse, I think is harboring those grudges. Not good for your mental or physical health. Forgiveness is a powerful, positive tool. Doesn't mean you have to be best friends, just means cleansing your soul and moving on.
What do you two suggest I do?

Old 07-10-2011, 12:41 AM

2,557 posts, read 4,569,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by las vegas drunk View Post
There's nothing you really need to do. It's not that you need to go makeup with your sister or even take any action. For me it was as simple as recognizing that you simply have to accept the way life unfolds. The more you're able to accept it the more peace will flow to you. You can't force forgiveness when it's not ready but you can decide to stop letting the past define your future.

I know this all sounds corny but forgiveness of others usually comes only after you're able to forgive yourself. If you have to ask, 'forgive myself of what?' you aren't looking hard enough. This was an integral part of me putting down the bottle personally because with the acceptance of who I am, the desire to escape from myself no longer exists.

Old 07-10-2011, 02:51 AM

10,481 posts, read 25,291,990 times
Quote:
You and Pinkstring were most likely born in a rainy climate.
Born in Ohio, but only lived there for 10 years. Then moved out to California and spent most of my life there before moving on again to a few more states. It used to rain quite a lot in California way back when and it still rains there much more than dried up Nevada. I do like Nevada, it's just that I wish for more seasons.
I have another person in my life that wants to stay here for the rest of his life, but I don't. Sooner or later I want to move on.

Old 07-10-2011, 03:02 AM

10,481 posts, read 25,291,990 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aqualung8705 View Post
I'm back living with sistwerp and her icehole husband. It's worse that it was before, but at least I'm not living on a park bench. I'm sleeping on the floor, w/o a pillow, but I can get a couple from Erik, I think. I have to go to the library, if I want to get online. I have to keep the door to "my" room open, so that the cats (seven, nice, but I miss my iggies) can come in to use their cat boxes. At least they're quiet, and don't bug me when I'm sleeping.

I'll try to get on as often as I can. Icehole b-i-l won't let me online at the apartment, and expects me to find a job within three weeks, or he'll kick me out. Hello, I'm giving you $400 per month starting next month?

Un flipping real, ne?
You may not like the following, but you need to "hear" it.
You never seem grateful when they take you in. Why should they keep doing it over and over and over again? As much as you put down your sister and brother in law, they still take you in out of the kindness of their hearts. They don't have to, but they do because they care about you.
Quit insulting them in a public forum. They have computers and are probably reading all of this. Which will result in your being kicked out permanently. You have to be doing something or saying something for them to treat you like dirt, *IF* they really are. I'd like to hear their side of it all. I really doubt they are such monsters. If they really were, they'd tell you to get lost forever.

For less than $400 a month, you can get your own apt over by LVD. It's way past time to stand on your own two feet and have your own pad. Quit expecting people to bail you out over and over again. We'd like to start reading some positive news from you for a change.

Old 07-10-2011, 10:29 AM

13,814 posts, read 28,504,856 times
Quote:
I can also add that I was back living here in Vegas in 2006. I was nearly broke without a job but I was soon to get an inheritance. The paperwork went through her and she made sure to make it take longer so I would suffer. I had to get my aunt and friend involved as she made it hell on me to get my money. That was the final straw and I have NEVER talked to her ever since. It has been 5 years now. I am really not harboring a grudge. I just do not consider her my sister anymore. I don't miss her or even think about her anymore. When people ask me if I have siblings, I tell them I am an only child.
I used to hold grudges, too, until I realized it was hurting me more than the person I was holding a grudge against. Now I just vanish them from my life, as if they truly died, and let the grudge die with them and be buried with them. It may hurt them...but it will never hurt you again.

Think of it as the ignore list on this site. There is so much power in banishing a person from your conscience. I think many here may go back and unignore a poster when they see a message blocked. If they do, they haven't really let go. Be strong...and never unignore out of curiosity....just ban them from your life.

Old 07-10-2011, 11:19 AM

990 posts, read 1,655,047 times
Quote:
I know I am not one of the two but I have a suggestion too.

People who provide shelter to you are not your enemy. Take off your grudge glasses and see them as your benefactors.

Find something kind to do for them every day that you are with them.
Help out. Take out the trash. Clean the bathroom. Do the dishes.

If you think that $400 is enough so that you have to do nothing then do as has been suggested, get yourself a place near LVD and do nothing in your own place.

Old 07-10-2011, 12:11 PM

9,376 posts, read 11,949,011 times
Quote:
Well, like I said, I am not saying you have to be her friend, even her brother, but you need to let it go and like unforgiven said, forgive yourself. I know there are heartless people out there, but many of them are not that way for no reason. Some have things in their lives that we may not know of and had no choice. Maybe she was concerned about your drinking. I don't know your past relationship with her, but it is difficult for me to believe that nasty people were born that way. Maybe I live with rose-colored glasses.

Old 07-10-2011, 01:03 PM

2,557 posts, read 4,569,037 times
My dog got sick last night and threw up on the patio. I came out this morning to see cockroaches finishing off the last of it. They literally cleaned up the whole mess perfectly. I guess they are good for something.

Old 07-10-2011, 02:09 PM

Thanks for the advice everyone.

Old 07-10-2011, 03:04 PM

Here is an update on the latest killing on the strip. Unlike the two previous stabbings, this guy is no murderer and obviously did not intend to kill the victim. He obviously did not know his own strength. It is a sad situation all around.

SIster of tourist charged in O'Shea's murder defends his name - www.ktnv.com (http://www.ktnv.com/125256109.html - broken link)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas