Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-15-2011, 01:23 PM

5,779 posts, read 14,569,849 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dynimagelv View Post
Nice pics Davie.....

It's too bad we no longer have a photo thread.
Thank you Dyni, I think the photo thread was closed because it basically became the 'Las Vegas Chat Thread part 2'

Old 07-15-2011, 01:28 PM

1,966 posts, read 4,340,294 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by las vegas drunk View Post
I am officially now obese weighing 207 at 5'10'' tall, and am continuing to get fatter. I weighed myself at the Albertsons on the way home this morning. I can tell a huge difference in the way I am treated by not only women but men too. I cannot believe I put on over 40 pounds this winter. All I did was stay home, drink beer, and order restaurant food online. I am so disgusted in myself that I let myself go. When I moved here, I weighed 150 pounds and wore 32 inch waist pants. I now wear 38 inch waist pants. I should have done something earlier instead of keep buying bigger pants. I have been trying to diet for the last month but it is not working. Every time I start to lose weight my hunger goes crazy and I end up eating everything in site. Last Saturday, I ordered two medium pizzas from Domino's. I could not believe I ate BOTH pizzas at once. I need to do something because this is killing my self esteem. I felt like running in front of a car on the way home from the strip.
LVD,

At that diet, it's no wonder you've gotten bigger (sorry to be crass) but eating all those carbs especially pizza where the fat won't burn will continue to give you the results you've gotten this winter.

If you want to reverse that in a hurry, I suggest getting to the store and buying a bag of lettuce, cans of tuna (or other proteins) and stay far away from pizzas. Drink 8 glasses of water in place of the beer (hard to do as I like beer myself) and stay active. You'll see the pounds come off pretty easy and you'll feel better about yourself.

Old 07-15-2011, 01:31 PM

2,557 posts, read 4,566,196 times
Quote:
I am officially now obese weighing 207 at 5'10'' tall, and am continuing to get fatter. I weighed myself at the Albertsons on the way home this morning. I can tell a huge difference in the way I am treated by not only women but men too. I cannot believe I put on over 40 pounds this winter. All I did was stay home, drink beer, and order restaurant food online. I am so disgusted in myself that I let myself go. When I moved here, I weighed 150 pounds and wore 32 inch waist pants. I now wear 38 inch waist pants. I should have done something earlier instead of keep buying bigger pants. I have been trying to diet for the last month but it is not working. Every time I start to lose weight my hunger goes crazy and I end up eating everything in site. Last Saturday, I ordered two medium pizzas from Domino's. I could not believe I ate BOTH pizzas at once. I need to do something because this is killing my self esteem. I felt like running in front of a car on the way home from the strip.
You don't have to deprive yourself to lose weight. You just have to slowly switch from eating crap to eating stuff your body actually wants. A huge part of alcohol addiction is just flat out refined sugar addiction. The more fruits and vegetables I ate the less and less I craved alcohol at all. Chronic alcohol use also makes you deficient in many vitamins. I remember when I was drinking every day and I decided to pick up a small bottle of carrot juice at the store. I drank the whole thing and had the most unique euphoric sensation. It was as if my body hadn't had any vitamin A in years. That was the tipping point where I really woke up and realized what was going on with me.

Old 07-15-2011, 01:32 PM

5,779 posts, read 14,569,849 times
Default This was too much

After I was done taking those photos, I headed down Elkhorn Road to get home and along Elkhorn between Rainbow and Tenaya a car was pulled over with her flashers. I asked her if everything was ok, and she said "No I was driving to the Y to swim and I found a naked boy running in the street" and in her passenger seat was a naked boy about 8-10 yrs old, she told me he had a tag around his neck that simply said "Non-verbal" no name, no other info, nothing.

The Las Vegas Fire Dept showed up with their ambulance and wrapped him in a sheet. They thanked me for stopping and waiting with the woman until they showed up

That was just too much, and somebody either wasnt looking or just plain didnt care to let a naked catatonic child run around Elkhorn Road in 100 degree heat, the frist thing I though was "his feet must be cooked from the heat" Poor child, I hope he is ok and somebody is held responsible for that

Old 07-15-2011, 01:36 PM

1,966 posts, read 4,340,294 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DavieJ89 View Post
After I was done taking those photos, I headed down Elkhorn Road to get home and along Elkhorn between Rainbow and Tenaya a car was pulled over with her flashers. I asked her if everything was ok, and she said "No I was driving to the Y to swim and I found a naked boy running in the street" and in her passenger seat was a naked boy about 8-10 yrs old, she told me he had a tag around his neck that simply said "Non-verbal" no name, no other info, nothing.

The Las Vegas Fire Dept showed up with their ambulance and wrapped him in a sheet. They thanked me for stopping and waiting with the woman until they showed up

That was just too much, and somebody either wasnt looking or just plain didnt care to let a naked catatonic child run around Elkhorn Road in 100 degree heat, the frist thing I though was "his feet must be cooked from the heat" Poor child, I hope he is ok and somebody is held responsible for that
Seriously????? WTH???

Been here 4 years and haven't seen anything like that in the area.

Old 07-15-2011, 01:38 PM

2,557 posts, read 4,566,196 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Golfinnova View Post
Seriously????? WTH???

Been here 4 years and haven't seen anything like that in the area.
Just another day in Vegas. I've seen all kinds of crazy s*** here and I only moved here in 09.

Two days ago I watched as a guy tried to cross a street while both sides had the green light. He nearly died by a matter of a couple inches and made everyone slam on their brakes. He was then furious that people nearly hit him and started having a conniption fit on the sidewalk.

Old 07-15-2011, 01:57 PM

13,814 posts, read 28,486,602 times
geez...I hope what happens in Vegas...stays in Vegas!

Old 07-15-2011, 06:05 PM

10,481 posts, read 25,275,556 times
Quote:
I have been told by many girls that skinny guys have big.........
feet?

Old 07-15-2011, 06:09 PM

2,086 posts, read 6,845,674 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DavieJ89 View Post
I have heard creatine simply builds mass and not strength
Negative. Creatine is a naturally occurring compound that replenishes the phosphate ATP as it's depleted from your muscles via exertion. What this does is allow you to work harder for longer amounts of time. Some studies suggest that it also acts as a lactic acid buffer which of course would delay the onset of the burn and muscle fatigue allowing you to work out harder, longer. I've actually been taking creatine for a couple of months now mainly to aid in my recovery both during and post-workout. Although I haven't noticed a huge gain in size I have noticed that I do work much harder for longer amounts of time and I don't have horrible DOMS like I used to.

I've also heard good things about nitrogen oxide as it allows more oxygen to your muscles also delaying the onset of fatigue. I haven't tried anything like that and I don't really feel the need to.

The only truly safe and proven way to add size is to lift heavy, eat heavy, and sleep alot. As far as protein goes, I consume 150+ grams a day and should actually consume closer to 200g a day. I supplement with a protein powder that contains whey protein concentrate as well as whey protein isolates (WPI's being an awesome post-workout way to get protein to your muscles quickly). Make sure to get your healthy fats and plenty of complex carbs (i.e. veggies). If you do decide to go with creatine, I would suggest Kre-alkalyn as it is Ph neutral. The Ph neutrality allows for much better absorption which eliminates the need for loading.

I saw someone mention 5x5. I believe that is similar to Starting Strength. I would look very closely at these types of programs. Isolation exercises done at gyms on machines might get you the look you want but you will be lacking in functional strength. Compound lifts like squats and deadlifts will help build full body strength. I would also look into a crossfit type of training as metabolic conditioning will turn you into an animal. Strength is one thing but the ability to exert yourself 110% over the course of 30 minutes or more is something that not many people can do.

Old 07-15-2011, 08:25 PM

23,209 posts, read 29,018,601 times
Quote:
As I said, that is the absolute worst. I hate to admit it, but I am now the skinny fat man myself. I am doomed.
Walking the Strip at night with my ferret, I've observed it all: the most beautiful women, walking hand in hand, with some of the uglier creatures you can imagine.

How many times, have I been stopped dead in my tracks, wondering: What on earth does she see in him!!!!

And these are not prostitutes!

Just walk the Strip any day, observe, observe! Lots of surprises there!

Conversely, you'll see some very attractive men, with very unattractive women as well. Ran into a couple the other night that fit this bill! Duh!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas