Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-15-2011, 08:39 PM

23,210 posts, read 29,023,557 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by las vegas drunk View Post
I am officially now obese weighing 207 at 5'10'' tall, and am continuing to get fatter. I weighed myself at the Albertsons on the way home this morning. I can tell a huge difference in the way I am treated by not only women but men too. I cannot believe I put on over 40 pounds this winter. All I did was stay home, drink beer, and order restaurant food online. I am so disgusted in myself that I let myself go. When I moved here, I weighed 150 pounds and wore 32 inch waist pants. I now wear 38 inch waist pants. I should have done something earlier instead of keep buying bigger pants. I have been trying to diet for the last month but it is not working. Every time I start to lose weight my hunger goes crazy and I end up eating everything in site. Last Saturday, I ordered two medium pizzas from Domino's. I could not believe I ate BOTH pizzas at once. I need to do something because this is killing my self esteem. I felt like running in front of a car on the way home from the strip.
One of the easily spotted factors here is depression, and who isn't carrying around some depression today! And, you can be laughing, smiling, and still be depressed!

Been there! You try hard to take weight off, it doesn't come off, frustrated, depressed, you think: What's the point, I'll have that extra pizza!

I love to cook, never eat out, recently discovered a Wok, and have been Wokin' steady for 3 weeks now, 4-6 dishes a week, from my Chinese cookbooks.

And when you're depressed, it saps you of energy. I know you have it in you to really enjoy cooking, like I do, and the time has come to discover the joys of cooking. And being single, there's going to be leftovers, but what's a freezer and freezer containers for?

Old 07-15-2011, 08:47 PM

10,481 posts, read 25,277,930 times
5'10 and 207 is not obese. I somehow don't imagine that to be that bad. Now if you were 5'5" and 207 then that would be overweight.

Whoever made up that word obese was a knucklehead. I imagine a big blob (The Blob)sliding through the streets eating everyone in sight whenever I hear that word.
Quit eating the pizza and downing all that beer and eat healthier. Just keep adding more greens to your diet, more fiber in the way of veggies and fruit with skin on like apples,etc. Learn how to cook and be creative. Check out your local college and see what courses they have on food and go for it. It's also a good way to meet more people.

Old 07-15-2011, 08:49 PM

10,494 posts, read 27,232,909 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tijlover View Post
Walking the Strip at night with my ferret, I've observed it all: the most beautiful women, walking hand in hand, with some of the uglier creatures you can imagine.

How many times, have I been stopped dead in my tracks, wondering: What on earth does she see in him!!!!

And these are not prostitutes!

Just walk the Strip any day, observe, observe! Lots of surprises there!

Conversely, you'll see some very attractive men, with very unattractive women as well. Ran into a couple the other night that fit this bill! Duh!
The only reason hot women hook up with an ugly guy is if they have money. When you are fat and poor you have no chance. Aqualung had told me this before, but now I am truly living it. I am now heading out to the strip, but I am not going to stuff myself on the way home at Terrible's like last night. I could use the exercise. I do not care anymore, I am now starting taking ephedrine pills again. I bought some today at CVS and they are doing great at curbing my appetite. I have not eaten anything since 4 am and am not even hungry. This is not the healthy way to do it, but so be it. I am not going to accept being fat, no way.

Old 07-15-2011, 08:53 PM

10,494 posts, read 27,232,909 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PinkString View Post
5'10 and 207 is not obese. I somehow don't imagine that to be that bad. Now if you were 5'5" and 207 then that would be overweight.

Whoever made up that word obese was a knucklehead. I imagine a big blob (The Blob)sliding through the streets eating everyone in sight whenever I hear that word.
Quit eating the pizza and downing all that beer and eat healthier. Just keep adding more greens to your diet, more fiber in the way of veggies and fruit with skin on like apples,etc. Learn how to cook and be creative. Check out your local college and see what courses they have on food and go for it. It's also a good way to meet more people.
I just did my BMI and it is 29.7. Anything over 25 is overweight and 30 is obese. If I gain 2 more pounds I will be obese. Pink, I am all fat with a huge gut, no muscle, and a 38 inch waist. I did it to myself, and am now going to do whatever is necessary to change it.

BMI:

Calculate Your BMI - Standard BMI Calculator

Old 07-15-2011, 09:01 PM

10,028 posts, read 9,501,453 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DavieJ89 View Post
After I was done taking those photos, I headed down Elkhorn Road to get home and along Elkhorn between Rainbow and Tenaya a car was pulled over with her flashers. I asked her if everything was ok, and she said "No I was driving to the Y to swim and I found a naked boy running in the street" and in her passenger seat was a naked boy about 8-10 yrs old, she told me he had a tag around his neck that simply said "Non-verbal" no name, no other info, nothing.

The Las Vegas Fire Dept showed up with their ambulance and wrapped him in a sheet. They thanked me for stopping and waiting with the woman until they showed up

That was just too much, and somebody either wasnt looking or just plain didnt care to let a naked catatonic child run around Elkhorn Road in 100 degree heat, the frist thing I though was "his feet must be cooked from the heat" Poor child, I hope he is ok and somebody is held responsible for that
Just be glad you didn't come across the kid first and put him in your car. Kind of hard to explain to the cops what a naked boy is doing in a grown man's car.

Old 07-15-2011, 09:16 PM

2,086 posts, read 6,846,184 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PinkString View Post

I'm 5'7" and 220 lbs and although I do have a gut I can assure you that I don NOT look like I weigh 220. Although technically obese and most certainly overweight by about 30 lbs, even at 190 I would be considered obese. At 190, however, I would be about 15% body fat.

Quote:
The only reason hot women hook up with an ugly guy is if they have money. When you are fat and poor you have no chance. Aqualung had told me this before, but now I am truly living it. I am now heading out to the strip, but I am not going to stuff myself on the way home at Terrible's like last night. I could use the exercise. I do not care anymore, I am now starting taking ephedrine pills again. I bought some today at CVS and they are doing great at curbing my appetite. I have not eaten anything since 4 am and am not even hungry. This is not the healthy way to do it, but so be it. I am not going to accept being fat, no way.
You'd be surprised at how far personality and confidence will get you. Also, instead of looking for the quick fix try eating right. You would be amazed how many calories you can consume and still lose weight as long as each calorie has a purpose and you burn some calories as well. Any other route is just going to mess you up and in all honesty losing muscle weight makes it easier to put fat weight back on. Watch your calories and work out. It's the only long term cure. If you're truly serious about this you need to change your entire lifestyle. FWIW, I am stronger and have more stamina than alot of people that are "skinny". I prefer to be fit.

Quote:
I just did my BMI and it is 29.7. Anything over 25 is overweight and 30 is obese. If I gain 2 more pounds I will be obese. Pink, I am all fat with a huge gut, no muscle, and a 38 inch waist. I did it to myself, and am now going to do whatever is necessary to change it.

BMI:

Calculate Your BMI - Standard BMI Calculator
BMI is bullspit. According to that site my BMI is 34.5, but again I can assure you that I do not appear "obese". Even at 175 which would put me near a single digit body fat percentage, my BMI is 27.6. Not what I would call overweight. How you feel should always come first and if so inclined then how you look. The last thing you should base your diet and exercise regimen on is an arbitrary number calculated based on other arbitrary numbers using a preexisting algorithm. Body types are simply to different from individual to individual.

Old 07-16-2011, 02:13 AM

10,481 posts, read 25,277,930 times
Being skinny for a guy is overrated. Why blow away in the wind when you can weigh more and stand your ground? I think most women do not want a skinny little man.
It doesn't matter whether someone is fat, skinny, slim, hunchback, or a third eye growing out of their forehead. It's all in the attitude. Be confident with who you are and people are attracted to that. Be self-loathing and people pick up on that and stay far away.

Old 07-16-2011, 09:53 AM

5,779 posts, read 14,571,323 times
I'm done being skinny, id like to build some muscle, I don't want to be the next hulk hogan, but a lil muscle would make me look a lot less gay looking than I am now. I'm sick of being called gay because I'm so scrawny

Old 07-16-2011, 09:59 AM

2,457 posts, read 4,721,506 times
LVD, I just hope that through the grace of god or some higher power. You find the courage to get your drinking under control. Then everything else will fall into place.

Old 07-16-2011, 12:00 PM

2,557 posts, read 4,566,773 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DavieJ89 View Post
I'm done being skinny, id like to build some muscle, I don't want to be the next hulk hogan, but a lil muscle would make me look a lot less gay looking than I am now. I'm sick of being called gay because I'm so scrawny
I hope you realize the irony in this statement. A lot of gay guys are obsessed with working out and getting buff. People are calling you gay in a literal way?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas