Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-11-2009, 02:43 AM

10,481 posts, read 25,280,890 times

Advertisements

You're in the Twilight Zone Aqua, everything is the same to us.

Old 05-11-2009, 04:09 AM

444 posts, read 1,614,777 times
Heck I didn't even know this was a ""relocation"" board.

I thought it was about what was happening in Las Vegas. Maybe it will cut down on a lot of info, sad. I've lived here two years and I was learning a lot about Las Vegas; what to see, little known secret restaurants, where to go, best shows, best parks, etc. I guess I won't see anything but 'where to live' now.

Moderator cut: Questioning Moderator's decisions are not allowed on the board, Please use DMs for any issues.

Last edited by lvkewlkid; 05-11-2009 at 12:54 PM.. Reason: calling out mod

Old 05-11-2009, 09:46 AM

2,404 posts, read 10,684,866 times
There were 3 Official Las Vegas Chat Threads for some reason and we had to merge all three of them...

Also, asking about restaurants, shows, things to do, medical, and the such is alright to talk about as long as it doesn't get hijacked and get extremely off-topic.

Things like car-breakins and anything that could happen anywhere and not specific to Las Vegas is off-topic and belongs either in the Chat Thread, Social Group, or DMs...

Consumer complaints are not allowed whatsoever...

Last edited by lvkewlkid; 05-11-2009 at 12:57 PM..

Old 05-11-2009, 12:48 PM

65 posts, read 231,104 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedRockAAAA View Post
Annie Duke got run over by the old boys club. Joan lied, talked over everyone, was racist, critisized the gays and then used them, offended the jews and then used them, chased away the decorator and lied about it and Donald gave $250,000 in her name.
I bet Donald's poker series at the Taj in Atlantic City will suffer. He has known Joan forever. Why didn't he just throw a telethon for her charity?

Oh my goodness, I am still FUMING over that show! What a joke! Joan Rivers is the most classless woman I have ever seen. Joan and Melissa threw temper tantrum after temper tantrum - Joan was insulting and ignorant and then she wins the show. I know that it is just a reality TV show - but lets be real - in the real world, nobody would put up with that type of behavior!! Ok, vent over - LOL.

Old 05-11-2009, 12:52 PM

65 posts, read 231,104 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lvkewlkid View Post
There were 3 Official Las Vegas Chat Threads for some reason and we had to merge all three of them...

Also, asking about restaurants, shows, things to do, medical, and the such is alright to talk about as long as it doesn't get hijacked and get extremely off-topic.

Things like car-breakins and anything that could happen anywhere and not specific to Las Vegas is off-topic and belongs either in the Chat Thread, Social Group, or DMs...

Consumer complaints are not allowed whatsoever...
No offense - but I come here quite often to read this forum and have learned ALOT. I don't post often but I do read every day. It is very disappointing to me to see that alot of interesting things are being moved into the chat thread which I rarely go into. The chat thread is just too long. I like the way it was before - why the strictness all of a sudden?

Old 05-11-2009, 12:59 PM

2,404 posts, read 10,684,866 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by epad View Post
No offense - but I come here quite often to read this forum and have learned ALOT. I don't post often but I do read every day. It is very disappointing to me to see that alot of interesting things are being moved into the chat thread which I rarely go into. The chat thread is just too long. I like the way it was before - why the strictness all of a sudden?
Threads have gotten hijacked and getting way off-topic when they need to stay on-topic...Once a thread goes off-topic, the OP isn't gaining any useful information and the thread becomes irrelevant...Hijacking is against the TOS...

Old 05-11-2009, 01:06 PM

9,376 posts, read 11,943,971 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by epad View Post
I do agree with you. I don't want to get in trouble for discussing mods decisions, so I won't.

My thoughts are that it is much easier to scroll down a list of headlines and pick and choose which subjects you may be interested in, then to come to the Chat. Then, if it gets too OT then I just ignore it. I like the Chat because I like all the regulars and the OT stuff, it is more personal, but sometimes when I read the Chat, things are convoluted because they were moved here and some things I missed because of that also.

JMO. Can't change things, ya just roll with it...

Old 05-11-2009, 01:41 PM

164 posts, read 590,237 times
I liked reading the chat everyday. Oh well, things change. Sometimes not for the better!

Old 05-11-2009, 04:12 PM

17,998 posts, read 9,059,146 times
I love participating and reading this chat.I have learned alot about Las Vegas and some of the people who live there.

Old 05-11-2009, 04:51 PM

444 posts, read 1,614,777 times
I have so much to say about this, but I am not allowed. So I wont.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas