Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-23-2010, 09:31 PM

1,410 posts, read 3,320,560 times

Advertisements

Wow, Aqua has a lot on his plate. It's sad he didn't take all this time unemployed to train and develop some job skills in some area. He's going to have surgery and be in the hospital for a month? I wonder who is paying for this? I have all kinds of medical things I'd like to have done but I can't afford them. Well hopefully he will take this last month to figure out where he is going to park and how he is going to afford it. He is very lucky he had family to take him in even though his bil was verbally abusive about it. I can't think of anyone in my family who would do that for me unless I was a tragic victim of some event. And that's okay.

Old 10-23-2010, 10:14 PM

23,222 posts, read 29,061,361 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjameson922 View Post
He's going to have surgery and be in the hospital for a month? I wonder who is paying for this? I have all kinds of medical things I'd like to have done but I can't afford them. Well hopefully he will take this last month to figure out where he is going to park and how he is going to afford it. He is very lucky he had family to take him in even though his bil was verbally abusive about it. I can't think of anyone in my family who would do that for me unless I was a tragic victim of some event. And that's okay.
More than likely, working in a Rehab facility myself, he may very well go to a Rehab facility for up to 100 days. Medicaid may be picking up the tab.

I've seen too many of these younger Medicaid/Medicare types in my facility.

100 days up, then what? Out on the streets? Huh! Fall in the shower room on the 99th day, back to the hospital, then back to the Rehab facility, then back to the Hospital, ad infinitum.

There's a 35YO homeless man who has it down to a science. When he needs a break from homelessness, he scratches his legs to where they bleed, then to the Hospital, then to our facility. Always comes back to the facility with bandaged legs and a wheelchair and a prescribed a whole assortment of pain meds. As soon as the weather turns cold, he'll be back!

Old 10-24-2010, 12:16 AM

3,622 posts, read 5,596,209 times
Madman and Bugbilly, who knows maybe we walked right past eachother? I had no signatures to collect so it was a pretty pleasant experience. Although next time remind me to not wear the three inch sandals! Ouch!

tij- I have always liked desert breeze park and the community center. When I first moved to Vegas I spent a lot of time there. Not so much now, nice park!

Old 10-24-2010, 12:52 AM

10,481 posts, read 25,294,055 times
Desert Breeze used to be my favorite park. Had many fun times there. We used to go for every 4th of july celebration until they cancelled it.
Went there for many get togethers from the Pass it on Group.
Played frisbee there on some rare no wind days.
Really great views of the Strip if you get to just the right part. Loved seeing the views at night from the park after a day of good friends, good food and lots of laughter.
Too bad we live so far from it now. But we do have Nature Discovery park with all those ducks.

Old 10-24-2010, 01:11 AM

9,376 posts, read 11,949,980 times
Quote:
Wow, Aqua has a lot on his plate. It's sad he didn't take all this time unemployed to train and develop some job skills in some area. He's going to have surgery and be in the hospital for a month? I wonder who is paying for this? I have all kinds of medical things I'd like to have done but I can't afford them. Well hopefully he will take this last month to figure out where he is going to park and how he is going to afford it. He is very lucky he had family to take him in even though his bil was verbally abusive about it. I can't think of anyone in my family who would do that for me unless I was a tragic victim of some event. And that's okay.
Yes, he does. Yes it is sad that he and a ton of other healthy people did not train to develop some job skills. Or that America lets millions of illegals into this country to take jobs from their own, or that they import millions of jobs to other countries for pennies to work for them.

I ask you, right now, today, is the money it costs to make him feel like a whole man coming out of YOUR pocket? He has waited a long time for this and it does not matter if one person can get along with a bag or not, he couldn't. We are all different. I am truly happy for him.

Very lucky. To have an abusive BIL feed his insecurities and a SISTER who allows it. Hmmm. Personally, I would kick my husbands a$$ if he EVER dogged one of my family members that way and I would expect the same. I would not treat his family like that. If I had a problem, it would be discussed in private with the mate and then the solution would be presented to the family member.

I feel badly for you that you cannot think of a family member who would be there for you except for in a tragic event. I love my family connections. Don't live my life for them, but know that they are there and it means the absolute world of comfort to me. Can't begin to imagine life with out that. And I would not want it any other way. Maybe that is why I cannot understand they way his sister allowed his BIL to treat him. j

Old 10-24-2010, 07:12 AM

10,033 posts, read 9,512,383 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tijlover View Post
More than likely, working in a Rehab facility myself, he may very well go to a Rehab facility for up to 100 days. Medicaid may be picking up the tab.

I've seen too many of these younger Medicaid/Medicare types in my facility.

100 days up, then what? Out on the streets? Huh! Fall in the shower room on the 99th day, back to the hospital, then back to the Rehab facility, then back to the Hospital, ad infinitum.

There's a 35YO homeless man who has it down to a science. When he needs a break from homelessness, he scratches his legs to where they bleed, then to the Hospital, then to our facility. Always comes back to the facility with bandaged legs and a wheelchair and a prescribed a whole assortment of pain meds. As soon as the weather turns cold, he'll be back!
Hopefully aqualung will network with the hospitals social service department and find somewhere long term after his acute and rehab.

Old 10-24-2010, 08:20 AM

10,033 posts, read 9,512,383 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by las vegas drunk View Post
I have some good news regarding Aqualung8705. As many of you know, today is the last day at his sister's house. He still has not found a job, but he finally got approved for his surgery to remove his colostomy bag. He is currently in the hospital and will remain there for the next month while he recovers. Bless his heart. I am so happy for him because that bag was holding him back while ruining his self esteem. It looks like things are finally turning around for him.
That's great news. Seems like he's getting rid of two sh*t bags at once, the colostomy and his BIL.

Old 10-24-2010, 09:14 AM

990 posts, read 1,655,228 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by las vegas drunk View Post
I would, but I actually have not heard from him in over a month now. I only know this info from what his sister is posting on his facebook page. Aqualung does not have a phone or internet service anymore.
How do you feel about the health care that he is getting for free? Generally Libertarians object to welfare and believe people should be completely responsible for themselves.

When it's someone you know and like personally these political positions tend to go out the window, huh?

Old 10-24-2010, 09:24 AM

11,177 posts, read 16,026,528 times
Quote:
He's going to have surgery and be in the hospital for a month?
Quote:
Originally Posted by tijlover View Post
More than likely, working in a Rehab facility myself, he may very well go to a Rehab facility for up to 100 days.
There's no way that Aqua would be in the hospital for a month for an ostomy reversal. That's usually a few days max. (I was in for about a week, but that's only because I have blood clotting issues.). He may have other medical issues that entail a longer stay, but it wouldn't be because of the ostomy reversal surgery.

Moreover, there's no rehab involved either (other than getting your strength back after surgery). The big surgery is getting the ostomy and learning to care for it. Reversing the procedure is a piece of cake in comparison.

Old 10-24-2010, 12:46 PM

10,494 posts, read 27,252,856 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tazz View Post
How do you feel about the health care that he is getting for free? Generally Libertarians object to welfare and believe people should be completely responsible for themselves.

When it's someone you know and like personally these political positions tend to go out the window, huh?
You're making this a political issue when it shouldn't be. Health is not something to mess around with no matter if you can afford it or not. As recently as a few weeks ago I posted that I personally am on a free care medical program that I qualified for because of my low income. The current health care system is very corrupt so what are we supposed to do?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas