Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-23-2010, 05:50 PM

10,494 posts, read 27,255,419 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tazz View Post
He will be in the hospital a month? Wow. He must be in really bad shape. You don't even stay in the hospital for a month for cardiac by-pass surgery.

I hope that this is a turning point for him in his life. Tell him we are thinking of him.
I would, but I actually have not heard from him in over a month now. I only know this info from what his sister is posting on his facebook page. Aqualung does not have a phone or internet service anymore.

Old 10-23-2010, 05:52 PM

7,940 posts, read 9,505,022 times
Great news, lvd! Aqualung, I am so happy for you that your operation was approved. Hang in there and get recovered ASAP. We are pulling for you.

I'd like to see any of us live day to day with a colostomy bag like that. Things are indeed turning around for you.

Old 10-23-2010, 06:20 PM

11,177 posts, read 16,028,400 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elkotronics View Post
I'd like to see any of us live day to day with a colostomy bag like that.
Some of us have.

Old 10-23-2010, 06:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lyra33 View Post
It's a nice day at desert breeze park! I love hearing bands play live!
It certainly was. My wife and I were out there earlier and really enjoyed both the food and the music.

Old 10-23-2010, 06:34 PM

5,779 posts, read 14,585,319 times
Today is my last day at Vons. I am currently on my lunch break and am at the Summerlin Library across the street from the store. There was a local art walk held in the Vons plaza today. It will also be held tomorrow

I am finally in on Kmart and while it is less hours, it is higher pay than what Vons will give me. As for ym financial situation, along with my last check from Vons, first check from Kmart, and next check from the pool job I will have more than enough to get back on track for the most part with my soon to be delinquent credit cards. Hopefully I can get into a good tipped position on the strip once I turn 21 and get everything back on track

Also Im glad to hear about Aqualung. I hope things turn out for the better for him

Old 10-23-2010, 06:36 PM

10,494 posts, read 27,255,419 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elkotronics View Post
Great news, lvd! Aqualung, I am so happy for you that your operation was approved. Hang in there and get recovered ASAP. We are pulling for you.

I'd like to see any of us live day to day with a colostomy bag like that. Things are indeed turning around for you.
Thanks for the support. He needs it. I agree, having that colostomy bag would be horrible.

Old 10-23-2010, 06:44 PM

10,481 posts, read 25,296,262 times
Since Aqua had diverticulitis, after his surgery if he doesn't improve his diet, he will be back to an ostomy bag permanently. I read how it can be reversed and in his case he is lucky that the large intestine wasn't permanently removed as in some cases.
On the other hand, there are thousands of people that live perfectly well with a colostomy bag and do not feel it is a death sentence or is an impediment to leading a full life.

Old 10-23-2010, 07:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PinkString View Post
...there are thousands of people that live perfectly well with a colostomy bag and do not feel it is a death sentence or is an impediment to leading a full life.
Well said, Pink. Even though I no longer have an ostomy (or a colon for that matter), I can tell you that living with an ostomy entails more of a psychological adjustment than a physical one. The biggest problem is dealing with clueless people and the stigma associated with the procedure.

Old 10-23-2010, 07:49 PM

23,222 posts, read 29,066,081 times
Quote:
That's good news! It's a nice day at desert breeze park! I love hearing bands play live!
Speaking of Desert Breeze park, after that fiasco of walking my ferret in that Henderson park a couple weeks ago, I explored that park with my ferret one night recently, great views of the Strip up there, no hassles whatsoever being out there at 2am, people even playing basketball at that hour.

Also stopped at West Flamingo park on the way home, walked there a bit,
a half-dozen homeless people sleeping there. I always enjoy talking to the homeless.

Also explored Leavitt park (St. Louis Ave./Eastern) last week one night with my ferret. A number of people around to talk to at 2am.

There's a couple parks out near Rainbow & Alta. They're next on my list.

Old 10-23-2010, 08:35 PM

1,365 posts, read 4,473,733 times
Quote:
That's good news! It's a nice day at desert breeze park! I love hearing bands play live!
Yep, great day. I was actually there at 8am this morning, waiting in line for my 5 year old to meet Miranda Cosgrove (ICarly). After almost 4 hours, fights with people with no courtesy, and thought cutting in line in front of a mother was ok! Wrong! Got the pics and signed shirt and picture, and a high five for my 5 year old from Miranda.

Was a very stressful day indeed, but the drinks from the House of Blues, Sailor Jerry's Blue Punch, made it all better. Enjoyed a great day of bands and food. After 9 hours had to give it up, but was glad because those lines were getting crazy. I have learned for next year to go early and you can enjoy it a lot better!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas