Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-10-2010, 03:14 PM

10,481 posts, read 25,291,990 times

Advertisements

Ahh...so he shrunk. I thought he was 6'5" before. I wonder if he is actually really 5'6".

Old 08-10-2010, 03:18 PM

13,814 posts, read 28,504,856 times
Us men do tend to shrink as we get older...in height...and other ways!

Old 08-10-2010, 03:20 PM

3,622 posts, read 5,595,667 times
There was a black truck upside down on the 95 (southbound) when I drove by a few hours ago. I wonder what he/she had to do to flip like that. It was in an odd place where people merge on the 95 from Rainbow. I'm just glad I left later than I was planning!

I was also downtown near Paradise and Sahara. I had to go to a Violin outlet store. During the day the area is not that bad. It's amazing how different it is at night.

Old 08-10-2010, 03:21 PM

15,370 posts, read 39,121,360 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PinkString View Post
Ahh...so he shrunk. I thought he was 6'5" before. I wonder if he is actually really 5'6".
ACTUALLY 6'5 1/2" but whose counting.

Old 08-10-2010, 03:26 PM

10,481 posts, read 25,291,990 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dynimagelv View Post
ACTUALLY 6'5 1/2" but whose counting.
*Looks up, shields eyes from the sun* asks "How's the weather up there?"

Old 08-10-2010, 03:31 PM

7,940 posts, read 9,501,432 times
aqualung, my friend, Meggy May is two years and 3 months old. Her and Cotie, the 6 y/o Pom, are best buddies. If Cotie wasn't fixed we'd be taking care of little Pom/Chow puppies right now. They'd be really cute, for sure. So it's Jackie we need to find a home for, eh? Let's do it. This guy in Spring Creek was just arrested for animal cruelty.

He neglected to give his Pit Bull enough food and water. Apparently Animal Control has warned him before. The Dobie had 7 puppies and 5 are missing, too. The Mom is at the Elko Animal Shelter and is going to make a full recovery, happily. She was pretty emaciated when they found her. What a jerk he is. I hope he changes his ways.

http://elkodaily.com/news/local/arti...cc4c03286.html

My older sister and I were visiting one of our younger sisters last June in the Okanagon area of Washington state. We were lost looking for the younger sister's house. We were turning around in a ski area parking lot and this dog came running up the road. It appeared frantic, like it had lost it's family. We scooped the dog up in the Camry rental car and eventually found our sister's house. She posted a note at the local Shell station and within two days the owner stepped forward and claimed the dog. My sister told the two of us "You could've just left the dog, the owner was probably camping out there and the dog would've found them again."

How would we know that, though? The dog appeared to be very healthy but lost.

So that one worked out well. I am getting more and more enamored to canines as I get older. Love 'em!

Last edited by elkotronics; 08-10-2010 at 03:40 PM..

Old 08-10-2010, 04:05 PM

3,728 posts, read 9,476,338 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lyra33 View Post
There was a black truck upside down on the 95 (southbound) when I drove by a few hours ago. I wonder what he/she had to do to flip like that. It was in an odd place where people merge on the 95 from Rainbow. I'm just glad I left later than I was planning!

I was also downtown near Paradise and Sahara. I had to go to a Violin outlet store. During the day the area is not that bad. It's amazing how different it is at night.
It's usually excessive speed and/or being under the influence that produces these roll overs lyra.

And it's becoming an almost every day occurence here in town. I've seen more vehicle rollovers (both cars and trucks) right here at home within the past 10 years than most people ever.... EVER, see in their entire lifetimes

Old 08-10-2010, 04:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MomMom View Post
It's usually excessive speed and/or being under the influence that produces these roll overs lyra.

And it's becoming an almost every day occurence here in town. I've seen more vehicle rollovers (both cars and trucks) right here at home within the past 10 years than most people ever.... EVER, see in their entire lifetimes
I guess I just thought it was a weird place because usually the cars merging in there are much slower than the speed limit. So maybe he was going way too fast and tried to get over???

Old 08-10-2010, 04:25 PM

3,728 posts, read 9,476,338 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lyra33 View Post
I guess I just thought it was a weird place because usually the cars merging in there are much slower than the speed limit. So maybe he was going way too fast and tried to get over???
Who knows lyra...anytime you are mixing high speeds and turning of the steering wheel, even just a bit to navigate a curve, something might go wrong. A quick lane change, not navigating the turn properly, not paying attention, avoiding another vehicle, a little bit drunk...and trucks and SUV's are top heavy sometimes as well.

Heck, they overturn on straight roads, never mind at the Rainbow Curve!!

Another favorite place for the overturners is the Buffalo Curve, where Buffalo curves between Charleston and Oakey.

Worst one I ever saw was quite a few years ago, coming home late one night at LVB and the overpass of I-15, car came down right off the freeway and landed upside down on LVB at the entrance to I-15. Never forgot that one.

Old 08-10-2010, 04:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MomMom View Post
Heck, they overturn on straight roads, never mind at the Rainbow Curve!!
True, there definitely is some curving going on there...hopefully everyone involved is okay. I always marvel at all the tire marks on some of high up ramps, especially when you merge from the 95 onto 1-15, or 1-15 to 95 north. It's a long way down!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas