Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-27-2010, 03:41 PM

3,622 posts, read 5,592,181 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfkIII View Post
You might want to look into AshleyMadison.com

Riiiiiiiiiiiiight. I'm not that much of a loser!!!

Old 10-27-2010, 03:44 PM

12,908 posts, read 27,980,195 times

Old 10-27-2010, 05:15 PM

990 posts, read 1,653,420 times
Give the Authoritah to Eric Cartman.

Old 10-27-2010, 07:26 PM

1,616 posts, read 2,488,939 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DavieJ89 View Post
Im not going to whine here on the forum (not naming names but we have enough people on C-D doing that already) Im just simply going to say what it is I feel

I know that I am still young but I am not exactly the most masculine looking guy in town. In fact most (if not all) people think that I am gay when they meet me for the first time. This is not the case, I dont like men in any way. Im also too nice of a guy sometimes, my kind (yet also very weak) heart is often trampled on by prospective women I look to go out with.

Its often trampled by countless people beyond the desert that is my love life as well. But even so, the more time goes on it has caused me to lose complete faith and trust for the entire female species and my attitude towards women has become downright misogynistic. I just dont feel like there are any more good women out there anymore. I coudlnt find one in FL and I cant find one here in Vegas either

Another main issue I seem to have is my inability to be happy. It seems like everything I have and earn in my life just isnt enough and I find myself wanting more and never being satisfied with what I DO have. Which is why Im a go getter, I want more, so I go and try to get it.

Im confident (scratch that, Im CERTAIN) I will get into a decent paying tipped job on the strip, but I know it still wont make me happy. Just because I will make $45-60k in then next year doesnt mean Ill be happy. Sure my car will be paid off, my credit cards will be paid off, Ill have that nice place in Centennial Hills and a big screen hdtv, but why? Ill still feel like I dont have enough, and I still wont be happy. Truth be told I dont think there was ever a time in my life at all where I was truly happy with myself and life in general. I've always been depressed and a downer since about the age of 9 or 10.

I dont want to sound like Im making excuses here, but I never had many (sometimes I had none) friends when I was growing up. We always moved place to place because my parents both have an incessant inability to hold jobs. My father is a drunk and my mom is just apathetic and scatter brained. My father was always verbally abusive towards me, and when I was at school I got the same treatment from my class mates, and as far as my academics go, I eventually just stopped caring, while my brother and sister continuously made the honor roll I got D's and F's, both of them were also the most popular kids in school, my sister even acted like she wasnt related to me

And yet somehow Im excellent with people, but at the same time I just want to be left alone. When it comes to business and dealing with people who are my customers, Im great at it. When it comes to making friends and ESPECIALLY talking to women Im like a 180 degree difference. Im just not good at meeting people who may be possible friends or dates

I dont mind dealing with customers all day. Granted the public can be so downright STUPID at some points, I am good at it. But at the end of the day, all I really want is to just be left alone. When I get that nice place and that good job, thats all I will want at the end of the day, is just be left alone and not be bothered with anybody or anything. I had so much love to give to the world, but people have spit on me (literally) one too many times. The love is gone and I just want to be left alone (like Shrek in his swamp)
Davie, take a breath, man!! It's called life. And you're living it. OK, there have been some rough spots for you. But you're not even 21 yet!! At your age I had already been kicked out of one college, was living at home going to my second local college, had not had a date or a girlfriend or a car. (OK, the rest of you stop laughing!!!) My father, though relatively stable, thought I was a failure and while he loved his kids, was really tough on us. I was naive, innocent, overweight, confused and lost.
I had to work my butt off to get back into the college I wanted to go to, did great for 3 years and then got kicked out again in my senior year because of family issues that were distracting me.
I finally graduated three years late from the University of Michigan, which cost me $10,000 for one year in 1984. I came back to New York at age 23, with no car, no money, no girlfriend, and lived at home. I had a job and that was it.
My first girlfriend was when I was 24, as was my first used car (1989 Oldsmobile Delta 88 - that was a sweet ride back then). I thought I was going to marry her. B I T C H cheated on me and stomped on my heart. I thought my life was over. I was 25.
I am now 52 years l old. Looking back, I laugh at myself back then. I always say, if me now, met me from then I would kick my own a s s for being a putz. (Not to insinuate that you are one).
Long story short, even though I got married a few years later (since divorced), I learned a WHOLE LOT between 25 and 35. Didn't really start living my life until I was 35. That's when I found my dark side (see my previous post to LVD) and lost my "innocence". I lived so hard between 35 and 45 I can't even repeat some of the stuff I did. All while holding down a job, being married and having about 6 affairs. Talk about being unhappy.
Well, as I said I am now 52, married for the second time to a wonderful woman who is only 37 (not laughing now so much, are we boys?) and is sweet and gorgeous and treats me like a king. We both have decent jobs, make decent money, are very happy and content with each other even though we live in NYC (which we hate).
We spent our last two summers in Las Vegas (which we love), discovered the West Coast (which we love), and plan to be out there every year from now on.
Point is, I still remember the night I caught the aforementioned b i t c h cheating on me and how I went home and cried my eyes out. You know what? She did me the biggest favor in the world by giving me a good kick in the butt and making me grow up and face reality. I wouldn't trade my life for anything. I have done things, good and bad, that others can only dream of. And things worked out pretty good in the end.
You have accomplished so much in the past year and you should be proud of yourself. I'm sure your girlfriend is a nice person, but you both have a long way to go. You need to take off some of the pressure from yourself and enjoy life. If you find someone right now, great. If not, one thing I learned the hard way: If you are not happy with yourself, and don't enjoy being alone, having someone next to you will NOT solve that problem.
I've seen your picture and you are a handsome guy. Give yourself a chance to learn who you are and build your confidence. The rest will come naturally. Smart women (and men) quickly learn that looks don't mean a thing in a good partner. People grow old, bodies and looks fade, but a good heart is forever. When you reach out in the dark, put your arm around your honey, you can't see their face, but you can feel their love. And believe me, straight, gay, old, young, gorgeous or ugly, NOTHING beats finding your soulmate. Just give it time,and in the mean time, LIVE IT UP!!
Remember:
The purpose of life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave with a well-preserved body, but rather to Slide in Sideways, completely used up, yelling and screaming, WHAT A RIDE! — Author Unknown

Old 10-27-2010, 11:04 PM

9,376 posts, read 11,941,545 times
Dang it...that is the second post of yours I tried to rep, quixotic...but I guess I am not spreading the love! Anyway...great post!

Davie...even Shrek met "the girl"! Give it time. Spend a week or two grieving over this loss, then pull up the boot straps and live! DO NOT follow in your dad's footsteps and drink away your pain! Bad news, there! We seriously have all had bad, bad days where we felt that our lives were over. Yet, here we all sit...on CD...ok, not a good comparison...but you know what I mean!
Hang in there, they don't call it "the ride of your life" for nothing!

Great to be in town, if only for 10 days!!! I appreciate every ray of sun here!!!!!!

Old 10-28-2010, 12:33 AM

10,481 posts, read 25,275,556 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MadManofBethesda View Post
So now you have a "real" Facebook page and a "fake" one? And even dogs have Facebook pages??

Am I the only one left in the free world who isn't on Facebook?
My number 1 reason I am on Facebook: Most of my entire family, cousins, second cousins, aunts, uncles, every possible person related to me, their kids, and so on are in there. It is the one place where we can all meet up, play games, and just keep in touch. We all live all over the country, so it's really difficult trying to stay in touch. With Facebook, everyone is in one place, which sure makes it easier.
I also have great friends in there, people I have known for over 20 years that I consider family. We also all live in other states. It's the way it is these days. Lots of people like the social networking sites to stay in touch, and for my family, it works.
For my real persona, I want to keep it just for family and old friends. I am not interested in having 50 million friends like so many others do.

Old 10-28-2010, 12:40 AM

10,481 posts, read 25,275,556 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DavieJ89 View Post
He deserves the titie? nice But only one titie?He should get a full pair
That is hilarious! Olecapt and his bad spelling...

Old 10-28-2010, 06:55 AM

1,616 posts, read 2,488,939 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kimba01 View Post
Dang it...that is the second post of yours I tried to rep, quixotic...but I guess I am not spreading the love! Anyway...great post!

Great to be in town, if only for 10 days!!! I appreciate every ray of sun here!!!!!!
Thanks kimba.

And I am very jealous!! Have to wait another 8 months to go back to LV!!! ENJOY!!!!

Old 10-28-2010, 08:17 AM

13,814 posts, read 28,486,602 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kimba01 View Post
I repped her/him for you (and me).

Old 10-28-2010, 10:25 AM

15,756 posts, read 38,187,029 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PinkString View Post
That is hilarious! Olecapt and his bad spelling...
Olecapt spells fine. He types sloppy. Since chemo some years ago he has little feeling in his hands and still types 100 wpm. That leads to funny spellings. He catches most as all post have to be edited once...but he misses is for ls and such.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas