Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-30-2010, 12:28 AM

5,779 posts, read 14,573,891 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by las vegas drunk View Post
I will only concur with you since I would not post it myself. Word is oil is going to double within the next 8 months, so moving far away from your job is quite foolish anymore.

I highly doubt oil will go (if anywhere from where it is now) up much at all within the next 8 months. If so that is going to really stop the economy from recorvering. $160 oil would mean $4 gas again

Given that signs point out the curernt global economic situation isnt going to improve much anytime soon I dont see oil demand rising anytime soon. Only thing that could really make oil soar is a warm, or a major weather event in an oil producing region

And even if that were to happen, it would drive oil demand so far down that we would see $1.25 gas again, the price collapse in oil would be even more drastic than it was at the end of 2008.

The plus side to such expensive oil is it would make renewables more viable economically, and in the meantime it would greatly increase fuel efficiencies for gasoline powered vehicles. Technology has made things so much more efficent from the oil crises of the 1970s, the US actually uses just as much oil now as it did in the 1970s, but with a 30-40% larger population and millions more cars speeding down our freeways every day

Your post was very negative LVD and I dont need any negativity bringing me down no offense. Where did you read oil will double by next year? Do you have a link?

Last edited by DavieJ89; 10-30-2010 at 12:36 AM..

Old 10-30-2010, 12:58 AM

10,494 posts, read 27,238,533 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DavieJ89 View Post
I highly doubt oil will go (if anywhere from where it is now) up much at all within the next 8 months. If so that is going to really stop the economy from recorvering. $160 oil would mean $4 gas again

Given that signs point out the curernt global economic situation isnt going to improve much anytime soon I dont see oil demand rising anytime soon. Only thing that could really make oil soar is a warm, or a major weather event in an oil producing region

And even if that were to happen, it would drive oil demand so far down that we would see $1.25 gas again, the price collapse in oil would be even more drastic than it was at the end of 2008.

The plus side to such expensive oil is it would make renewables more viable economically, and in the meantime it would greatly increase fuel efficiencies for gasoline powered vehicles. Technology has made things so much more efficent from the oil crises of the 1970s, the US actually uses just as much oil now as it did in the 1970s, but with a 30-40% larger population and millions more cars speeding down our freeways every day

Your post was very negative LVD and I dont need any negativity bringing me down no offense. Where did you read oil will double by next year? Do you have a link?
I try not to be negative, but I know the truth. All I will say is QE2 is something to watch if the Federal Reserve approves it next month. I will not post links as I will deemed a conspiracy theorist. The only thing I can say is to keep your expenses as low as possible. Nobody can argue that is bad advice.

Old 10-30-2010, 01:52 AM

23,221 posts, read 29,034,905 times
Let's just bypass the gas price discussion, for a moment, and think about what long commutes do to your body, your blood pressure. Time is also the most precious commodity in my life, and you're not going to see me squander one more extra minute commuting than absolutely necessary.

Old 10-30-2010, 02:04 AM

10,481 posts, read 25,282,289 times
On the other hand, there are those of us that do not want to live near their jobs if they are in certain area's and will commute just to be able to live in a more desirable area. I want to live in a place I love coming home to, plus liking the neighborhood around where i live is a definite must.

Old 10-30-2010, 09:48 AM

11,175 posts, read 16,014,540 times
Quote:
I try not to be negative, but I know the truth. All I will say is QE2 is something to watch if the Federal Reserve approves it next month. I will not post links as I will deemed a conspiracy theorist.
You know the truth? Didn't you post awhile back that the stock market and the U.S. economy were going to completely collapse by the end of the year?

You're running out of time on your "truth."

tick...tock...tick...tock...tick...tock...

Old 10-30-2010, 10:11 AM

10,494 posts, read 27,238,533 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MadManofBethesda View Post
You know the truth? Didn't you post awhile back that the stock market and the U.S. economy were going to completely collapse by the end of the year?

You're running out of time on your "truth."

tick...tock...tick...tock...tick...tock...
I asked you not to reply to my posts and I would do the same for you a few months ago. I held my end of the bargain, but you just cannot quit, can you? The economy is currently collapsing as far as I am concerned. Just look around you. I never made a prediction on the stock market so you are wrong there. Point it out where I did if you may.

16 New Records That The American Economy Has Set During The Past 12 Months – And They Are All Bad

Why Is Indiana Putting Armed Security Guards Into 36 Unemployment Offices Across The State?

30 Reasons Why People Should Be Getting Really Nervous About The State Of The U.S. Economy

Millions Of Unemployed Americans Now Live As Paupers Even As Foreign Nations Use Sovereign Wealth Funds To Buy Up Huge Chunks Of American Infrastructure

Unemployment Benefits: The 99ers - 60 Minutes - CBS News

10 Reasons Why Ordinary Hard-Working Americans Are About To Really Start Feeling The Squeeze

Old 10-30-2010, 10:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PinkString View Post
On the other hand, there are those of us that do not want to live near their jobs if they are in certain area's and will commute just to be able to live in a more desirable area. I want to live in a place I love coming home to, plus liking the neighborhood around where i live is a definite must.
This is the main reason why I want to live in CH a lot of the areas near the strip are awful, and there is too much traffic and congestion and crime, not to metntion its dirty as well. If I get a job in that area (CH)...even better if I have a nice short commute

If Im making good enough money I wont mind paying for the gas or the drive. I just hope its not a 8-4 job, rush hour traffic on the 95 is so much worse now with the construction sites at the Rainbow Curve and at Craig. And I have a horrendous temper on the road. LVD knows this

Old 10-30-2010, 11:14 AM

1,616 posts, read 2,489,848 times
For what it's worth:

Energy Outlook: Crude and Gas to Decline - TheStreet

The problem is that, if you've noticed, natural disasters have a relatively short term effect on pump prices. The real devastation comes from the irresponsible link of pump prices to commodities trading. This is an artificial force subject to the whims of traders and perception.

Old 10-30-2010, 11:46 AM

Im feeling rather discouraged today...I want to find a job that will give me more hours than Kmart but right now it doesnt seem likely. Even worse they pay bi-weekly and I am used to being paid once a week

They are also only giving me 15-16 hours a week. I need a 3rd job one or two days a week or I truly am sunk

I might just join the military like Spraynard Kruger suggested. If nobody else will hire me, the military will

I REALLY CANNOT turn 21 fast enough. And even then my job possibilities on the strip are bleak this time of year, LVD even said so and unfortunately his negativity this time is correct

I need to make some money now (like RIGHT NOW), but right now it feels like the jobs just arent there, and even when they are, I dont get hired

Old 10-30-2010, 11:53 AM

11,175 posts, read 16,014,540 times
Quote:
I asked you not to reply to my posts and I would do the same for you a few months ago. I held my end of the bargain, but you just cannot quit, can you?
What bargain? You can't make a bargain with yourself. I never replied to your statement that you would no longer reply to my posts. I really couldn't care less what you do in that regard.

This is a public board; I will respond to whomever I want on whatever subject I want, including your laughable opinions on economics and conspiracy theories. If you don't want to read my replies, put me on your ignore list. Problem solved.

Last edited by MadManofBethesda; 10-30-2010 at 12:26 PM.. Reason: typo
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas