Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-24-2010, 03:24 PM

2,457 posts, read 4,721,022 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by skisickie View Post
Happy Thanksgiving tommorow!!!! I finally get a day off
only to cook, clean and wait on family.
Then call in sick and let the family do the work.

Old 11-24-2010, 06:08 PM

23,209 posts, read 29,018,601 times
Discovery nite! Was going to walk my ferret on the north end of the Strip, last night, and since I haven't even stepped foot in Town Square yet, we walked around there last night. What a fun night that was, entertaining the bar patrons, security guards and taxi drivers.

Ran into one woman who owns 2 ferrets, and she's going to go out today and buy a couple leashes for them, leash train them. Told her after she's accomplished that, we should meet on the Strip some night and give the tourists a ferret show. What fun that would be!

My ferret took his first escalator ride last nite, and when he got to the top, he looked at me like: Dad! We should put one of these in our house! This is too, too sweet!

Old 11-24-2010, 08:04 PM

208 posts, read 350,236 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tijlover View Post
Discovery nite! Was going to walk my ferret on the north end of the Strip, last night, and since I haven't even stepped foot in Town Square yet, we walked around there last night. What a fun night that was, entertaining the bar patrons, security guards and taxi drivers.

Ran into one woman who owns 2 ferrets, and she's going to go out today and buy a couple leashes for them, leash train them. Told her after she's accomplished that, we should meet on the Strip some night and give the tourists a ferret show. What fun that would be!

My ferret took his first escalator ride last nite, and when he got to the top, he looked at me like: Dad! We should put one of these in our house! This is too, too sweet!
Hey tij - you probably get asked this a lot, but dont ferrets stink? I think I read somewhere that they have a musk gland or something...and even when removed they have a strong odor. Do you have to bathe it frequently or is it a mythe? Im sure if I google it 1,000 people will strongly agree and 1,000people will strongly disagree with that statement, so Id rather ask you since you have one. I've got a weasel that lives in my barn, hes pretty cool...wouldnt mind a tame one for the house if it didnt smell. Actually I could care less if it smelled-my wife would have a slight problem with it though. I'm the only smelly weasel allowed in the house and thats only because I hand over my paycheck every week

Old 11-24-2010, 08:14 PM

23,209 posts, read 29,018,601 times
Some people have bloodhound noses, they can pick up a smell most of us would be oblivious to. My ferret is descented, there is a slightly musky smell even descented, but I've had 6 ferrets so far, and it's never bothered me, in fact, I like the smell.

I don't bathe him but every 3 months and what a wrestling match that always is! Always a battle to bathe any of my ferrets!

They're, generally, very smart animals, too smart actually!

Last edited by tijlover; 11-24-2010 at 08:14 PM.. Reason: edit

Old 11-24-2010, 09:05 PM

369 posts, read 772,057 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dynimagelv View Post
Maybe its an attack trained killer ferret....
And the number of the counting shall be three / montypython

Old 11-24-2010, 11:18 PM

9,376 posts, read 11,941,545 times
Happy Thanksgiving to all of you in the west from me in the midwest (more east if you ask me!)! Have a wonderful Holiday weekend. It is the same temp here that it is there, but I hear the rain pelting my sunlights....tomorrow could be sleet/slushy snowflakes.

Old 11-25-2010, 02:26 AM

10,494 posts, read 27,229,958 times
Idiots....

"Henderson, NV -- People have already begun setting up camp outside Best Buy even though Black Friday is still two days away. Yes, they know they're crazy. "We've been told that we're crazy, we're psychotic," says Ashley Adams who's tent is first in line. "We've got heaters, we've got blankets, we know how to keep warm."

Die hards already camping in line for Black Friday - KTNV ABC,Channel 13,Las Vegas,Nevada,News,Weather,Sports,Entertainment,KTN V.com,Action News .:.

Old 11-25-2010, 07:49 AM

12,908 posts, read 27,980,195 times
maybe some people enjoy doing that sort of thing.. the thrill of the buy.. me personally, i've done it once... wasnt too exciting especially because of the snow.. but if i was going to save a grand on a tv, yes, i would do it..

Old 11-25-2010, 08:18 AM

990 posts, read 1,653,420 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by las vegas drunk View Post
Idiots....

"Henderson, NV -- People have already begun setting up camp outside Best Buy even though Black Friday is still two days away. Yes, they know they're crazy. "We've been told that we're crazy, we're psychotic," says Ashley Adams who's tent is first in line. "We've got heaters, we've got blankets, we know how to keep warm."

Die hards already camping in line for Black Friday - KTNV ABC,Channel 13,Las Vegas,Nevada,News,Weather,Sports,Entertainment,KTN V.com,Action News .:.
That's one way of getting out of cooking today.

Old 11-25-2010, 08:37 AM

10,494 posts, read 27,229,958 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by airics View Post
maybe some people enjoy doing that sort of thing.. the thrill of the buy.. me personally, i've done it once... wasnt too exciting especially because of the snow.. but if i was going to save a grand on a tv, yes, i would do it..
I have done it too, in fact it was last year in front of Office Depot. I waited for an hour, but 2 days is beyond crazy. I also wonder how they are getting electricity for the space heaters.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas