Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-25-2010, 09:56 AM

990 posts, read 1,655,047 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by las vegas drunk View Post
I have done it too, in fact it was last year in front of Office Depot. I waited for an hour, but 2 days is beyond crazy. I also wonder how they are getting electricity for the space heaters.
I wonder about the potty breaks.

Old 11-25-2010, 09:57 AM

990 posts, read 1,655,047 times
OK everyone. It's time to do the Thanksgiving Gobble Dance.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-jW1vWgogLQ

Old 11-25-2010, 04:59 PM

10,481 posts, read 25,291,990 times
I am finally back online since the server crashed yesterday afternoon while food shopping for Thanksgiving. All my crops in Farmville died.
Good thing i fed my virtual fish or they would have all died too.
My new mouse turned out to not work with my computer. A tiny mini mouse(no relation to Minnie Mouse) that is supposed to be used for a laptop. So back to my old mouse that is mysteriously working again.

Also, Happy Thanksgiving everyone.

Old 11-26-2010, 01:00 AM

654 posts, read 1,323,255 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thecuse View Post
Hey tij - you probably get asked this a lot, but dont ferrets stink? I think I read somewhere that they have a musk gland or something...and even when removed they have a strong odor. Do you have to bathe it frequently or is it a mythe? Im sure if I google it 1,000 people will strongly agree and 1,000people will strongly disagree with that statement, so Id rather ask you since you have one. I've got a weasel that lives in my barn, hes pretty cool...wouldnt mind a tame one for the house if it didnt smell. Actually I could care less if it smelled-my wife would have a slight problem with it though. I'm the only smelly weasel allowed in the house and thats only because I hand over my paycheck every week
Ferrets CAN stink, but if you take care of them & their environment generally they won't. They're born with anal glands that allow them to 'poof' like a skunk when threatened, but almost all domestic ferrets have them removed when they're spayed/neutered.

They do have a slight musky smell once altered, I find it pleasant - kind of a 'nutty' smell. The natural oils in their skin contribute to this, so bathing them too often is actually a bad thing! It forces the oils to regenerate which creates a stronger smell. We only bathe ours 1-2 times/yr. The key is to frequently change their litterboxes (yes, they can be trained) as well as their bedding. If you don't, then the smell will build & become very strong. Keep their environment clean & they'll be fine.

It's nice to know there's other ferret owners on here! I smile & laugh every day thanks to these wonderful little monsters, nature's clowns. It's like living with a cartoon. They DO require patience, though, so they're not for everyone. Here's a pic of one of mine, JLo - who named herself by having a big booty & stealing money, jewelry & electronics:

Old 11-26-2010, 12:29 PM

5,779 posts, read 14,581,988 times
I had done a bit of Black Friday shopping myself last night. The Wal-Mart on Trop and Pecos is open 24/7, I got the around 11 last night and did some browsing around before I got my Black Friday items at 12:01 am. A Bissell 3 in 1 stick vaccuum for $8.62, and two pairs of superman pajama pants for $5.50 a piece

My girlfriend cooked a delicious Thanksgiving dinner yesterday. We had ordered our groceries for it from Vons.com and got a 16 lb turkey for $5 after spending $25, and then we also got another $15 off for going over $50 on our order. We paid about $29 for food that would have been around $65-$70 full price. It was just the two of us but it was really a meal big enough for a family so we have a huge amount of leftovers

Im going to eat some leftover turkey and then try my new vaccuum

Old 11-26-2010, 08:53 PM

23,223 posts, read 29,056,523 times
Well, last night, my ferret got his "Masters degree" on the Strip, a time I've been praying for.

Walked around the Tropicana, MGM, NYNY, Monte Carlo, at midnite, and he's now reached that grateful stage that he's come to ignore the large crowds, the noise, and barrels down those sidewalks, crosses the streets, like he owns them, and I can hardly keep up with him when he gets on a roll!

The Japanese tourists are fascinated with him, one of them was so impressed he can't wait to get back to Japan and hopefully acquire one.

He just loves those escalator rides, up and down, and I'm sure he wishes I'd install one in our home!

Lots of photo's, he'll be featured on Facebook long before I will!

Old 11-26-2010, 10:29 PM

10,481 posts, read 25,291,990 times
Can't even chat in Chat anymore.

Old 11-27-2010, 01:00 AM

15,370 posts, read 39,121,360 times
anymore again

Old 11-27-2010, 08:11 AM

9,376 posts, read 11,949,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PinkString View Post
Can't even chat in Chat anymore.
+1 on that....so right.

Old 11-27-2010, 12:01 PM

69 posts, read 96,797 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tijlover View Post
Well, last night, my ferret got his "Masters degree" on the Strip, a time I've been praying for.

Walked around the Tropicana, MGM, NYNY, Monte Carlo, at midnite, and he's now reached that grateful stage that he's come to ignore the large crowds, the noise, and barrels down those sidewalks, crosses the streets, like he owns them, and I can hardly keep up with him when he gets on a roll!

The Japanese tourists are fascinated with him, one of them was so impressed he can't wait to get back to Japan and hopefully acquire one.

He just loves those escalator rides, up and down, and I'm sure he wishes I'd install one in our home!

Lots of photo's, he'll be featured on Facebook long before I will!
I am mostly a LV 'lurker'--as I don't live there {but have 3 times over the last 25 years}.

TJLover seems like a cool dude!! Has a smooth animal that he now 'pimps' out on the strip--I like that!!

Sounds like fun!

I like your posts as well.

LVD--too bad you don't have a nice dog right now, eh? I know you like them.

Sounds cold right now in LV; Miami is solid with 80 'ish' the norm highs and high dew points for lows. Very nice.

later gang!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas