Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-21-2010, 04:54 PM

10,494 posts, read 27,229,958 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadManofBethesda View Post
Went to start my car this morning and it was completely dead. I then started Googling towing companies to try to find one that would come out to my house on a Sunday for a reasonable charge. (I was trying to be price conscious even though State Farm would have reimbursed me for the charge.)

While I was conducting my research, my wife was out in the yard talking with a neighbor and she happened to bring up the dead battery problem. Our neighbor then informed us that the HOA provides that service to homeowners at no charge. All I needed to do was to call the front gate, give them my address, and then they would send over one of the mobile units to jump-start my car. My wife passed on this info to me and 15 minutes later my problem was resolved.

I might be back on this thread at a future date bitching about receiving a speeding citation from one of the roving guards, but today I love them.
Geez, I have never had an HOA do a nice thing like that for me. All they ever did was harass me.

Old 11-21-2010, 04:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjameson922 View Post
Are you serious Pink? It's so darn cold, I even had to turn my furnace on. And it's heavy grey and overcast; just like Ohio. Oh, and I'm way up high and the wind has never stopped blowing. Three more days of this forecast which takes me right up to the day I do leave for grey Ohio. My dogs are so confused. I let them out the back to go to the bathroom where they run out and squat real fast and then huddle by the sliders again to get let back into the warmth. Once in the house, they immediately run to the front door, the door they use when we take walks, thinking if we go out THAT door they will get back into nice Las Vegas weather.
I have learned that if PinkString is liking the weather I am going to HATE it. I am with you. It is cold and windy. The only good thing is it is not raining.

Old 11-21-2010, 06:22 PM

2,557 posts, read 4,566,196 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MadManofBethesda View Post
Went to start my car this morning and it was completely dead. I then started Googling towing companies to try to find one that would come out to my house on a Sunday for a reasonable charge. (I was trying to be price conscious even though State Farm would have reimbursed me for the charge.)

While I was conducting my research, my wife was out in the yard talking with a neighbor and she happened to bring up the dead battery problem. Our neighbor then informed us that the HOA provides that service to homeowners at no charge. All I needed to do was to call the front gate, give them my address, and then they would send over one of the mobile units to jump-start my car. My wife passed on this info to me and 15 minutes later my problem was resolved.

I might be back on this thread at a future date bitching about receiving a speeding citation from one of the roving guards, but today I love them.
That is a good service. However, couldn't your neighbor just give you a jump start?

Old 11-21-2010, 06:23 PM

13,814 posts, read 28,486,602 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aitchem View Post
The thing is we don't really know the person who is posting. They could be an inmate in an insane asylum.
Ummmm no. That would be me!

Old 11-21-2010, 06:27 PM

13,814 posts, read 28,486,602 times
I'm just happy someone took the heat off me!

Old 11-21-2010, 06:45 PM

487 posts, read 746,822 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jfkIII View Post
Ummmm no. That would be me!
Exactly!

Old 11-21-2010, 08:28 PM

I have noticed some people on this forum suggest to others to join the military. My dad was always trying to get me to join the military, probably just to get rid of me. Thank God I didn't. I never forgot about that idiot Pat Tillman who had a pending NFL career with a multi-million dollar contract. We all know where he is now. This article was very good below regarding a 18 year old kid joining the military.

Hell is for Children « Revolt of the Plebs

Old 11-21-2010, 09:16 PM

10,481 posts, read 25,275,556 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by las vegas drunk View Post
I have learned that if PinkString is liking the weather I am going to HATE it.
Damn right!

jjameson, to me it is not cold yet. It feels great!!! Went out today, my hair was blown all over the place, and it just felt great! No heat on yet either. I thrive in colder weather.

Old 11-21-2010, 10:28 PM

2,557 posts, read 4,566,196 times
Quote:
I have noticed some people on this forum suggest to others to join the military. My dad was always trying to get me to join the military, probably just to get rid of me. Thank God I didn't. I never forgot about that idiot Pat Tillman who had a pending NFL career with a multi-million dollar contract. We all know where he is now. This article was very good below regarding a 18 year old kid joining the military.

Some people have a higher calling than becoming consumed with money or fame. I'm sure there's tons of people who have joined the military with a long list of misconceptions but I'm also sure there are a fair number of them who learned life changing lessons while in there. People don't usually realize their true selves until they are challenged to the core. However, I never gave enlisting a second thought as I have never agreed with what we are doing overseas combined with my dislike for being a pawn to act on someone Else's whim.

Old 11-21-2010, 11:57 PM

2,036 posts, read 4,242,871 times
Quote:

While you may disagree with Pat Tillman's decision to serve his country or the administrations decisions that put him in harms way, he still answered the call and made the ultimate sacrifice. Pat Tillman is a hero.

Life is not without risk no matter where you are. And for every sad story like the one you cite, LVD, there are tens of thousands who hold their head up high knowing that they served their country with dignity. Be thankful you have the freedom to disrespect a veteran's memory in any way you see fit.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas