Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-03-2012, 09:21 PM

23,222 posts, read 29,051,044 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pommysmommy View Post
So does anyone have any idea when they are going to take down the Imperial Palace.
I've read of no plans for this. Let's hope not, there's so few hotels with balconies in this city!

Old 03-04-2012, 01:35 AM

10,481 posts, read 25,289,591 times
Driving east on 95 today(saturday) and all of a sudden it's hailing...or so I thought. A nice warm clear day, and then a huge flock... no wait.. a huge herd... um, a huge swarm of bee's , a GIGOCIOUS swarm was all over our car, plopping so loud it sounded like hail. I guess every car got hit, or was it every car hit them! This happened between the Boulder highway exit and Flamingo exit at approximately 1:35p.m.
We got to our destination at Flamingo/Sandhill and found one expired bee still stuck to the back door window. Poor thing. It got flicked off into the parking lot by Charjm hair design.
Never had that experience before! Now the car is a mess....remnants of bee bodies all over the front and side windows, the top of the car, and part of the lower grill. Both side mirrors as well. It was a really weird thing. I guess this means it's spring time. And I also wonder if any of them survived.

Old 03-04-2012, 09:07 AM

13,814 posts, read 28,501,960 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PinkString View Post
Driving east on 95 today(saturday) and all of a sudden it's hailing...or so I thought. A nice warm clear day, and then a huge flock... no wait.. a huge herd... um, a huge swarm of bee's , a GIGOCIOUS swarm was all over our car, plopping so loud it sounded like hail. I guess every car got hit, or was it every car hit them! This happened between the Boulder highway exit and Flamingo exit at approximately 1:35p.m.
We got to our destination at Flamingo/Sandhill and found one expired bee still stuck to the back door window. Poor thing. It got flicked off into the parking lot by Charjm hair design.
Never had that experience before! Now the car is a mess....remnants of bee bodies all over the front and side windows, the top of the car, and part of the lower grill. Both side mirrors as well. It was a really weird thing. I guess this means it's spring time. And I also wonder if any of them survived.
Pink String vs Yellow Sting?

Old 03-04-2012, 09:46 AM

5,779 posts, read 14,580,240 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PinkString View Post
I am mortally terrified of bees, especially in Las Vegas since they are Africanized. Here in FL we have wasps, hornets and the worst ones of all, Yellowjackets. Got stung by a yellowjacket when I was 9 and it was EXTREMELY painful. Sometimes those things sting repeatedly until their stinger gets lodges and detaches from its body

So there was a swarm of bees just chilling on the 95 and your rain into them with your car Pink? That would be terrifying to me, and I would run my car through a carwash to make sure every last bee is gone before I'd even ATTEMPT to get out of the car. I used go to a carwash on Trop and Maryland that always had bees around....I stopped going there

Old 03-04-2012, 01:29 PM

3,977 posts, read 7,638,982 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tazz View Post
You didn't hear about the bearded woman stuffing a snake in her mouth?
That was a snack, no a snake, umm a snake snack?

Peter Pipper

Old 03-04-2012, 01:31 PM

3,977 posts, read 7,638,982 times
Wasps in Florida? I thought there are only Jews in florida!

Old 03-04-2012, 01:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by macgeek View Post
Wasps in Florida? I thought there are only Jews in florida!
Thats South Florida MacGeek lol

Central Florida is like Las Vegas in the sense that ALL kinds of people live here from all over the world

And just like Las Vegas, drivers here are AWFUL!

Old 03-04-2012, 04:10 PM

10,481 posts, read 25,289,591 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DavieJ89 View Post
So there was a swarm of bees just chilling on the 95 and your rain into them with your car Pink? That would be terrifying to me, and I would run my car through a carwash to make sure every last bee is gone before I'd even ATTEMPT to get out of the car. I used go to a carwash on Trop and Maryland that always had bees around....I stopped going there
I figure the queen was moving on somewhere along with her tens of thousands of bee slaves...er...loyal subjects, and half of them died protecting the queen. ALL the cars got pelted with the little bee bodies.
We still did not go to the car wash, the car looks terrible. Will be going this week sometime.

Old 03-04-2012, 04:15 PM

9,855 posts, read 10,413,498 times
Wash your car soon Pink. You don't want to be a target of PETI, People for the Ethical Treatment of Insects.

Old 03-04-2012, 04:34 PM

you should wash your car asap pink, bug juice can ruin your car's paint job

im washing and waxing my car 3x a week with all the bugs im smacking into down here, lovebug season is gonna suck
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas