Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-07-2012, 02:02 PM

990 posts, read 1,653,420 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tadtam View Post
What if you make a list (I have one by the way) and you accomplish everything on your list. Do you just say **** it and end it all???
Make the last item on your list "make a new list."

Old 12-07-2012, 02:36 PM

15,370 posts, read 39,098,836 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NLVgal View Post
Richard Cranium?
Richard Bucket....

Pronounced Bouquet

From one of the olde English Comedies on PBS

Old 12-07-2012, 02:41 PM

9,480 posts, read 12,285,664 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kimba01 View Post
I used to be able to do that until 4 kids and all their *junk* immobilized my otherwise organized brain! That was when I really needed to list things on the calendar, now I guess my aging brain is just mush!
Another reason to not have kids!

Old 12-07-2012, 02:51 PM

13,586 posts, read 13,108,708 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dynimagelv View Post
Richard Bucket....

Pronounced Bouquet

From one of the olde English Comedies on PBS

Before my time, I guess. Richard Cranium was the cleverest way I'd ever seen a poster on a website call another member a d!ck-head without getting hit by an auto-filter. I assumed that's what you were (lightheartedly) doing. You know what they say about assumptions...

Old 12-07-2012, 03:16 PM

39 posts, read 62,816 times
My family knows that my item limit without a list is two. Three or more things, please write it down. Until my limit moves to one, I will hang onto that with pride. As for pictures, it is amazing how different peopke can be. My oldest daughter will gladly photobomb every picture... my youngest? I have too many shots of the back of her head:-)

Old 12-07-2012, 06:45 PM

15,370 posts, read 39,098,836 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NLVgal View Post
Before my time, I guess. Richard Cranium was the cleverest way I'd ever seen a poster on a website call another member a d!ck-head without getting hit by an auto-filter. I assumed that's what you were (lightheartedly) doing. You know what they say about assumptions...
It plays n PBS every Saturday Nite "Keeping up Appearances"....

Old 12-07-2012, 06:59 PM

10,481 posts, read 25,275,556 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by von949 View Post
Fresh and Easy's are in the wrong neighborhoods. LVBD and Cheyenne(soon to be closed)Fremont and Eastern(closed). These areas are low income and highly Hispanic areas. Which means there are already plenty o Mexican grocery markets nearby. F&E just can't compete.

They barely accept coupons.

Hardly honor any price matching.

Food prices are not competitive compared to the other chain stores.

Limited selection.

Too much pre-cooked food, which means less items that you can purchase with the EBT card.(food stamps).

What was this British company thinking when they placed these stores? Right across the street from the Ogden condos would be perfect. All those other more affluent neighborhoods spread out through the valley would have been much better. But low income areas? They did it to themselves.

F&E is designed more for the young professional bachelor/bachelorette that does not have one to cook, a person that is always on the go and wants to pop in and out of a store in a flash, or someone that wants to avoid the stores that draw the large crowds.

Sent from cell...
Fresh and Easy moved into low income neighborhoods because other stores would not. They were trying to serve area's that needed stores.
They were a different concept and did not have to take coupons except their own.
Sure there was pre-cooked food, but for what I went for, produce and minimally processed canned goods, it was a good deal.
I loved being able to get in and out in a timely manner, scanning and bagging our own things without having to wait in a half hour long line at other stores. And other stores only let you scan up to 20 items in their self scanners which means we get stuck in long lines that I hate.
I wish the stores would stay. We have one within walking distance in our neighborhood. Now we will have to go back to Smiths and wait in long lines again. I could never understand supermarkets having all those check stands when most of the time only a couple are open. Have them ALL open!

Old 12-07-2012, 07:01 PM

10,481 posts, read 25,275,556 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by English Dave View Post
Funny you saying that NLVgal, my wife Judy is like that. Very uncomfortable being photographed! I'm totally relaxed with a camera. If you look on my file, there I am..... the grinning fool. I think it's more a woman thing. Especially as they get older. I follow my old dad's advice. "You can't do anything about it, (getting older) so no point worrying about it.
I'm with Judy on this. I HATE being photographed. I say get all the camera lovers in front and all the camera haters in back and everyone is happy.

Old 12-07-2012, 07:19 PM

7,112 posts, read 13,152,514 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kimba01 View Post
I used to be able to do that until 4 kids and all their *junk* immobilized my otherwise organized brain! That was when I really needed to list things on the calendar, now I guess my aging brain is just mush!
Kids help the mind stay sharp. Always gotta stay one step ahead of them. Not to mention, I am probably better at math now than before they started school. Keeping up with the curriculum just so I can help with homework.

Sent from cell...

Old 12-07-2012, 08:50 PM

249 posts, read 402,587 times
I love Fresh and Easy-- once you join their rewards program, you always get great coupons via email that can be scanned from your smart phone. I'm a single, professional mother and get home with te kids around 6:30-- their precooked meals are easy, very yummy, and priced well in my opinion. I don't generally buy dry goods there because I've noticed that the expiration dates are generally very close, but I buy sandwich meats, dairy, eggs, produce and precooked meals regularly. I also shop at SAMs Club (I would likely
do Costco or Winco instead if either were anywhere near my home) and while I've been a loyal Albertsons' girl for many years, I'm slowly switching to Walmart due to the prices and Albertsons coupons going downhill. I only use store coupons for money off total purchase because I hate to lug around and locate product coupons. There is a Smiths very close to me, and I'm generally not a fan of its layout, but due to prices, I may need to give them another shot. I'd really hate to lose Fresh and Easy-- I'm a huge fan of theirs and love the fact that they donate to schools.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas