Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-18-2009, 12:54 PM

2,753 posts, read 6,666,553 times

Advertisements

I called the former bankruptcy attorney's office this morning, and the woman there said that typically one has 30 days from the sale before the eviction process starts. My sister and I will be talking to my stepfather today, to see if we can convince him to call up the financial company, to see if we can work out a payment plan. Yes, I won't go anywhere that day, sitting on the porch, if I have to.

Old 06-19-2009, 06:22 PM

9,376 posts, read 11,947,828 times
Thanks everyone for the hearty welcome!!! Also, a big thanks to all of you who helped us in the new home!!! Olecapt, Daddys, Bugbully(btw, I need another dose, I will call you), and AA702, and all of you who gave me great advice on areas and such!! You all are great and I can't wait for the DDO! After airics gets here is fine, then the two 15 yo girls will be back in MI!!

Loving the hot weather! Love the pool! Love Centennial Hills! (Now, the stained concrete floor is iffy...)Taking the girls to the Strip in a few, then FSE. Next weekend we are going to CA. Sometime in between we are going to go to Mt. Charleston and Lake Mead.

I sure wish I would have driven out here, kind of stinks being without a car. I think we are going to rent one for a week, the company truck is tough as there are 4 of us and that is a no-no. So....Enterprise here I come! Ugh.

Good luck, aqua, in your home searching endeavors! Went by CH library the other night, looks so nice along with the Y. I was going to stop in and see if you were there, but we had to get back!

Do you all think that the girls are too old for the Y? I was thinking they may enjoy the pool there, for something different.

Old 06-19-2009, 10:09 PM

I got it, it came in the mail today!!! I made a quick dash down to WaMu, and opened a checking and savings account with them. Hmmm...maybe it's for the best that they put a hold on it, and only let me have $100 in cash. I guess that I can wait roughly seven business days. My brother-in-law thinks that I should use part of the money to buy a reliable used car. The one I have right now has had many problems over the years, and it's registered in my folks name. I don't have a title for it. Any opinions?

My sister was able to talk my stepfather into working with the finance company, so that I can make payments on the HOA, and keep the house for a bit longer. I spoke to him, and he was saying something that the lawyer said that the house sale wasn't going to be until 7/16, but making payments will keep them at bay. I'll make payments on it, until I'm ready to move. I had promised him $2k awhile back, but I can't afford to pay him until I get a job. For some reason he thinks that I need to pay for the $5.5k back federal back taxes of his. His reasoning is that I was handling all of the details of the bankruptcy for them. When it disolved, his tax bill came back. The only thing that he did on it was put some money in, and show up at the hearing at bankruptcy court. I did everything else, including doing the online class for them.

I wish that JFK would hurry up and get out here. I'm ready for a DDO, and I want to have it at Matryoshka!!!

Old 06-19-2009, 10:48 PM

13,814 posts, read 28,501,960 times
Congrats, aqua...I know it's been a long and hard journey for you...but you're on your way back. Big rep points for your perseverance.

You know I'd love to make that DDO at the Russian restaurant...but I don't really want to hold anyone up from having some fun. Unfortunately, I won't be making this one. In an odd twist, my stepdaughter and her husband are headed there (for their first visit) next week. Who knows...they may love it out there and decide to stay. She's a cabinet-maker....and his company (chip fab) just closed down...so they are free to look.

Old 06-19-2009, 11:31 PM

Thanks, JFK. Hmmm...have you thought about stowing away in their luggage?

Old 06-20-2009, 01:01 PM

Congrats, aqua!!! Good feeling,huh?

I think it is airics we're waiting on. I think his post said he was coming in around the 4th. Maybe we should come up with a date around then!

Old 06-20-2009, 01:31 PM

I think that I can wait that long. My brother-in-law thinks that I should get an inexpensive pickup truck. It'll be great for the move, plus general hauling. My car is registered in the folks name, and I don't have a title for it. I've also put a lot of money into repairs for the bloody thing. Does anyone here have one for around $4k? Not a Chevy, and automatic?

Old 06-20-2009, 01:38 PM

Why wouldn't you just use the one you have until it dies and then get another one? Is it that bad? Just wondering...

I was on CL looking for used cars yesterday. Geesh! The prices they want for them. With over 110K in mileage too! Oh well, guess that is what they go for today!

Old 06-20-2009, 01:45 PM

To get it change to my name will take a lot of time and money. Buying the truck would be the cheaper and easier thing to do. For the money that I've put into the car for the last four plus years, I could buy a used truck.

Old 06-20-2009, 01:52 PM

Well, how many miles are cars running for these days anyway? I mean there are many of them with over 150K that say it still runs like new.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas