Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-14-2011, 07:01 PM

3,622 posts, read 5,593,978 times

Advertisements

OH YEAH...good one...I saw this one when I saw them live! I'm kind of feeling deja vu...did you and I have this OAR convo before? They are so fun to see live...I personally really love this one...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1NjHk...eature=related

Old 06-14-2011, 07:55 PM

23,219 posts, read 29,040,205 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lyra33 View Post
YES!!!! What do I win???? I'll take luck if I can choose!
You won a backrow seat on the 3rd flight to Mars some day!

You've been to Mercury and Neptune, this will be different!

Old 06-14-2011, 08:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tijlover View Post
You won a backrow seat on the 3rd flight to Mars some day!

You've been to Mercury and Neptune, this will be different!
Well it shouldn't be too bad,isn't that where men come from?

Last edited by lyra33; 06-14-2011 at 09:00 PM..

Old 06-14-2011, 08:21 PM

13,814 posts, read 28,496,245 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lyra33 View Post
Well it shouldn't be too bad,isn't that when men come from?
Only hen-pecked men.

Old 06-15-2011, 10:12 AM

1,770 posts, read 2,897,306 times
Good afternoon to me, good 9 am morning to you all ::JEALOUS ANGER::
It IS beautiful here today. It's like 80 and little humidity (first time in a while) so I'll be happy in NJ (in Philly right now for work).. but that'll last about 7 more minutes.

Getting so impatient. Want to start the journey of getting prepared, but these darn leases will interfere. We'll have to renew or find a place in/by November 1st. Perhaps we could find a cheaper place for 6 months.

Already making some extreme cuts to our lives because right now we're unable to even save money.
Got rid of cable & landline. Goodbye $130 a month to comcast.
Using $10 basic cable, but searching for a decent antenna to replace the $10 a month.
Changed our cell plan from Verizon to Tmobile using his Starbucks employee discount. $130 a month with Verizon vs $68 a month with tmobile. Hmm. Same features, more minutes on tmobile, too. Difference is I'm not forced into insurance per phone and a data plan per phone.. >_<
Changing car insurance rates, should drop it down $20 less a month (every bit helps)
Eventually buying a cable modem so I can STOP giving comcast $7 a month, GRR

The only problem now is we bought a car a few years ago when we had better jobs. Loan is 6 years, we've been through two of those years..and our payment is $350 a month. It's destroying us, and we really don't know what else to do. We think maybe refinancing may be the key element to this..it may help drop the payment from $350 to say $220ish, but still. Luckily, we're at a good part where the car's worth is roughly the same as what's left on the loan. He thinks it may be better to trade it in, wipe off the loan.. and we'll get a cheaper NEW car. -_- (me thinks he doesn't get it like I do, financially lol). I say trade in the car, get rid of the loan.. and finance a good used car. I guess the hard part is finding a good used car worth the money.

Sigh money. It's amazing what joy it can bring, and what anger and confusion it can cause.

I figure once we figure those expenses out (while looking for better paying jobs) we'll be on the right path to forming a solid savings so we can make the move. It just frustrates me that we're unable to save anything right now. Not only does this mean we have 0 back up in the event that we need emergency money, but it means every month not having a savings...is another month longer before I get to where I want to be.

Sorry, woke up and rushed to work with a lot on my mind. Curse you money, curse you.
Hope everyone's having a better day than me, LOL!

Old 06-15-2011, 10:36 AM

15,370 posts, read 39,110,824 times
JUST remember h0t....Happiness is Atlantic City in the rear view mirror.

I will come....

Old 06-15-2011, 02:45 PM

2,557 posts, read 4,567,950 times
Got up this morning and there was a jeep outside my complex parked on the street that had it's entire front end burned to a crisp. It was still smoldering and dripping fluids from the bottom. Everyone was just walking and driving past it like it wasn't even unusual. I guess seeing strange things really is the norm here.

Old 06-15-2011, 02:59 PM

5,779 posts, read 14,575,247 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by unf0rgiven6262 View Post
Got up this morning and there was a jeep outside my complex parked on the street that had it's entire front end burned to a crisp. It was still smoldering and dripping fluids from the bottom. Everyone was just walking and driving past it like it wasn't even unusual. I guess seeing strange things really is the norm here.
I've never seen so many f'ed up cars until I moved here. Not just old cars either, cars that are badly damaged, scratched, dented, paint rusting away, you name the type of body damage, I've seen it at least once on a banged up car out here

I see a lot of older cars from the 70s and 80s and early 90s that are practically non existent on the east coast now. I guess the lack of rain, snow, and other damaging elements to cars (heat and sun being the exception) make cars last a lot longer out here

A few weeks ago I saw a mid-late 1980s Dodge Aries K-Car driving on 95 by Jones, anybody remember those? My family used to own one back in 1999, my dad paid $400 for it before wrecking it in 2001, which was was the last time I saw a K-Car

Old 06-15-2011, 03:32 PM

3,728 posts, read 9,473,542 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by unf0rgiven6262 View Post
If vehicles were stopping, slowing and holding up traffic because of this, just imagine how everyone else would be annoyed with those dang "rubber neckers"...(and I know, that would be me, the rubber necker, lol)

Last edited by MomMom; 06-15-2011 at 04:02 PM..

Old 06-15-2011, 04:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MomMom View Post
If vehicles were stopping, slowing and holding up traffic because of this, just imagine how everyone else would be annoyed with those dang "rubber neckers"...(and I know, that would be me, the rubber necker, lol)
There's nothing more annoying then when traffic comes to a stop on the 95 for someone getting a speeding ticket. Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas