Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-04-2011, 02:14 AM

23,223 posts, read 29,056,523 times

Advertisements

You do, likewise, Pink. Post every night what vacinities in the Valley you plan to travel to the next day!

A complete weekly travel itinerary would be even better!

Old 08-04-2011, 06:29 AM

23,223 posts, read 29,056,523 times
Just got back from a glorious walk around that lake at Sunset Park w/ my ferret, between 1:30am and 5am. Just the perfect temp and breeze!

There was one old fisherman at the end of the lake, with 2 fishing poles.

But, being I have night vision, and there's very little lighting, I need to take a flashlight along, before I go falling headfirst into the lake, some night, and join the ducks!

Old 08-04-2011, 07:30 AM

7,112 posts, read 13,160,812 times
Thanks everyone.

Old 08-04-2011, 08:47 AM

2,086 posts, read 6,849,438 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aqualung8705 View Post
Be safe over there, Von. My prayers go with you.

Heyla, gang!

Just checking in, no worries. I'm still at AIT, and I'm starting to get it. Double clutching isn't easy, but I'll manage to get it. Come Monday, it'll be only four more weeks to go. If anyone has any hints on double clutching, driving a 10 speed, and all of the other things that go into trucking; it'd be greatly appreciated.

Mr. Morris says that I'm getting better, and I'm really looking forward to going over the road.
10 speeds are easier to drive than 18 speeds due to the fact that there is only one splitter. You will be more likely to drive an 18 speed than a 10. The principles remain the same, just another splitter and another set of gears to row. Take your time and pay close attention to the RPM's. Once you get out on the road you most likely will not be double clutching as you can shift gears without the clutch via rev matching as the transmissions are non-synchronous. You need to match those revs even if you are double clutching. Maintain immaculate logs and be very detail oriented when it comes to pre-trip inspections, you don't want DOT cops to write you a hefty fine. Do not drive more hours than you are allowed and do not falsify your logs to do so. Do not be afraid to refuse to drive our haul faulty equipment or overweight loads. When going down a steep grade, downshift to the appropriate gear BEFORE you start going downhill. I learned that lesson the hard way and almost took myself and a few other motorists out after I completely lost my brakes due to fade. That's all I can think of right now.

Old 08-04-2011, 09:11 AM

13,814 posts, read 28,504,856 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by von949 View Post
Afghanistan here I come.
Godspeed, von.

Old 08-04-2011, 08:29 PM

9,855 posts, read 10,416,518 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by von949 View Post
Thanks everyone.
I will keep you in my prayers Von. Thank you for your service to our country.

Old 08-05-2011, 12:24 AM

26,272 posts, read 8,432,474 times
Last night my wife asked me to check out if Barry Manilow is performing while we're in
LV in October, yes he is, so she asked me to check on another singer she likes - Jack
Jones. Judy saw him many years ago here in England, but each time we've visited LV
we've missed him when he sings at South Point. He's there in August before we go. I
checked on a site to see where he is singing while we're in LV. He is at the Buxton Opera
house which is 25 miles from here....... she is not a happy bunny.

Old 08-05-2011, 09:51 AM

15,370 posts, read 39,121,360 times
We used to have Jack at the Golden Nugget in Atlantic City when I worked there....he's a class act....and VERY underrated

Old 08-05-2011, 10:14 AM

26,272 posts, read 8,432,474 times
You're right, he's a great singer. Judy has a few of his old records (real records not CDs)
she likes to play. As I said she saw him 35 years ago near here. It was a real club, tables,
meal first, then the show. My wife started a small riot because she'd booked a table next
to the stage, but on arrival, dressed to the nines, found she'd been moved to the second
row. The manager was sorry, and said he'd try to make it up to her. So while singing, Jack
came in the audience, held her hand, and sang to her - been one of her favourites ever
since!!

Old 08-05-2011, 02:46 PM

5,779 posts, read 14,581,988 times
Angry Attention drivers!

There's this thing in your car, where you place your right foot.

For those who do not know what this is I would like to tell you that it is the GAS PEDAL! DO NOT be so afraid to use it, if you continue in your ways you will be impeding traffic and causing accidents like always

Second of all, there is a lever usually to the left of the steering wheel called a TURN SIGNAL! This little doohickey is your friend and lets other drivers know you're about to jerk the wheel and nearly (or actually do) cause yet another major accident this gives other drivers a chance to brace themself for whatever selfish stupid move you're prepared to do

Lastly their is something internal in your system, its called your attention span. USE IT And do not wait until the last second to cut across three lanes of moving traffic and slamming on your brakes to make a left hand turn, for the love of all that is good and holy

This has been a public service announcement from NCSD, Nevadans for Common Sense Driving

Have a safe trip
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas