Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-25-2011, 05:14 AM

15,370 posts, read 39,098,836 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tijlover View Post
daddy" we can still throw away $40-50k a year per inmate in our prisons!

The inevitable bankruptcy of our country: I pray for that to happen!
THAT is the absolute stupidest comment ever made on this forum.YOU quite frankly do not deserve the benefits that this country offers.

Old 08-25-2011, 05:31 AM

26,272 posts, read 8,424,858 times
I was watching on the news this morning the massive increase in young people in this
country with liver damage. We seem to be in the midst of a self destructive cycle. The
authorities don't seem to know how to try to change this. Kids go out at weekends, get
off their heads on booze, then head for the clubs and get off whatever is left of their
heads on drugs like estacy and cocaine. Alcohol is a big problem here and getting worse.
Yet, nobody with any brains talks about trying to ban it. You can't stop self destructive
behaviour in people, just try to regulate it best you can. Throwing them in jail for drug
use is a waste of time and money. But, as has been said, the authorities attempts at
fighting drugs is in itself a growth industry employing thousands.

Old 08-25-2011, 05:35 AM

15,370 posts, read 39,098,836 times
they tried banning booze in this country once and all it did was create a Kennedy Dynasty[daddy Joe was a rum runner]

Old 08-25-2011, 05:38 AM

10,494 posts, read 27,229,958 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by English Dave View Post
I was watching on the news this morning the massive increase in young people in this
country with liver damage. We seem to be in the midst of a self destructive cycle. The
authorities don't seem to know how to try to change this. Kids go out at weekends, get
off their heads on booze, then head for the clubs and get off whatever is left of their
heads on drugs like ecstasy and cocaine. Alcohol is a big problem here and getting worse.
Yet, nobody with any brains talks about trying to ban it. You can't stop self destructive
behavior in people, just try to regulate it best you can. Throwing them in jail for drug
use is a waste of time and money. But, as has been said, the authorities attempts at
fighting drugs is in itself a growth industry employing thousands.
I like you Dave, but PLEASE do not advocate banning alcohol. That is the only pleasure I have in my life whatsoever. I might as well kill myself if alcohol became illegal.

Old 08-25-2011, 05:53 AM

26,272 posts, read 8,424,858 times
Don't worry LVG! I'm fond of a drink myself, but not to the extent of harming myself.
I think the big difference I see here from when I was young out drinking in pubs, is what
the young people are drinking. Mainly my generation drank beer. Lager mainly. Now, the
tipple of choice seems to be vodka, which of course is more harmful drunk to excess. Young
girls seem very fond of this drink, sadly their bodies don't cope as well as men's with alcohol,
hence the increase in liver damage. Sadly, the young think they are indestructable which as
many are finding out, they're not. Add drugs to the mix and it's getting messy.

Old 08-25-2011, 07:02 AM

10,028 posts, read 9,500,216 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by olecapt View Post
Must be hot in Las Vegas.

Was talking to my brother in Milwaukee yesterday and I observed my friend the tatooed Russian was completing truck driver school and marrying the bearded lady who swallows snakes which he was understudying to make some side money on the strip.

This must be Las Vegas...
Don't forget that LVD also stars in this little reality show. Grab some popcorn, sit back and enjoy the show.

Old 08-25-2011, 07:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by English Dave View Post
Don't worry LVG! I'm fond of a drink myself, but not to the extent of harming myself.
I think the big difference I see here from when I was young out drinking in pubs, is what
the young people are drinking. Mainly my generation drank beer. Lager mainly. Now, the
tipple of choice seems to be vodka, which of course is more harmful drunk to excess. Young
girls seem very fond of this drink, sadly their bodies don't cope as well as men's with alcohol,
hence the increase in liver damage. Sadly, the young think they are indestructable which as
many are finding out, they're not. Add drugs to the mix and it's getting messy.
I wish I could drink socially. I definitely am like the people you are describing. I would probably like living in England.

Old 08-25-2011, 07:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by VLWH View Post
Don't forget that LVD also stars in this little reality show. Grab some popcorn, sit back and enjoy the show.
Nope, LVD's role in the realty show has officially ended.

Old 08-25-2011, 07:37 AM

10,028 posts, read 9,500,216 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by olecapt View Post
Must be hot in Las Vegas.

Was talking to my brother in Milwaukee yesterday and I observed my friend the tatooed Russian was completing truck driver school and marrying the bearded lady who swallows snakes which he was understudying to make some side money on the strip.

This must be Las Vegas...
For a wedding gift, may I suggest a set of his and her Remington electric shavers?

Old 08-25-2011, 08:18 AM

2,086 posts, read 6,845,674 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tijlover View Post
The legalization of drugs rests, largely, with the too-powerful prison guard unions, police unions, attorneys, the liquor industry, the pharmaceutical companies, any group with vested interests in keeping drugs illegal.

Wouldn't you cry an ocean of tears if some prison guard or police officer lost his job due to lack of "customers"?

And as long as we still have China as a "sugar daddy" we can still throw away $40-50k a year per inmate in our prisons!

The inevitable bankruptcy of our country: I pray for that to happen!
You know nothing of how the prison system works, particularly how much it costs to house care for inmates. You certainly don't realize that most correctional officers (not prison guards) are underpaid, overworked, and have zero union protection. I invite you to try and get on with the NDOC if you feel that it is such a lucrative place to work. As far as crying over lost LEO jobs, it is apparent that you are simply anti-police which is all well and good. The problem lies in the fact that as soon as YOU need them you would surely be crying about how they were not there soon enough or able to do enough for you. Typical. Would you advocate the release of 50% of NV's current inmate population? Would you be willing to have convicted felons that should be behind heavy steel doors living in your neighborhood? You obviously also have no idea how state funding, vs. federal borrowing works. I can assure you that federal grants do not fund state prisons. Don't let facts get in the way of your emotional argument though.

Try putting your azz on the line to protect people that you don't know and that quite frankly don't know and don't care about what you do. Try risking your neck for people that are extremely quick to criticize and judge based on the crap they hear on tv with zero real world experience or even a semblance of knowledge or common sense. Then your argument might hold water. Until then, continue to sleep easy knowing that other people are willing to do that job so you don't have to.

Sincerely,

A Correctional Officer who happens to be for the legalization of drugs (and a small government conservative)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas