Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-13-2012, 08:00 AM

7,112 posts, read 13,157,837 times

Advertisements

So I have narrowed it down to one of these. Anyone own any of these? The consumer reviews don't help at all.

Bark Free - Control Dog Barking
Intellipet Bark Solver X25
Viatek's Professional Bark Stop
Advanced Dog Bark Stopper
PetSafe Outdoor Ultrasonic Bark Deterrent

Old 01-13-2012, 04:10 PM

10,481 posts, read 25,286,775 times
We tried the PetSafe ultrasonic one in our yard to try it on the incessantly barking dogs of neighbors. They just barked more. The ultra high pitch tone that only the dogs could hear hurt their ears, so they barked more. They are supposed to associate it with barking so they stop, but since they cannot read the instructions, they just bark forever.

Old 01-13-2012, 05:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PinkString View Post
We tried the PetSafe ultrasonic one in our yard to try it on the incessantly barking dogs of neighbors. They just barked more. The ultra high pitch tone that only the dogs could hear hurt their ears, so they barked more. They are supposed to associate it with barking so they stop, but since they cannot read the instructions, they just bark forever.
Yeah that one had the worst reviews. I ended up getting this one.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Pestbye-Adva.../dp/B001RPVO16

Old 01-13-2012, 10:21 PM

5,779 posts, read 14,577,035 times
Im loving my new place in Summerlin, the Vistas is GORGEOUS! I'm much happier here as now part of my original dream of life in Vegas is coming to fruition

Its time to get my life back in order, I screwed up REAL bad these past few months in my finances, my work, my relationships, and my drinking had gotten out of control

but now I am on the right track and I know that 2012 is going to be a much much better year than 2011 was

Old 01-14-2012, 12:49 AM

58 posts, read 241,790 times
Dotty's or PT's Pub?

Which is better? They both look like local bars. I tried PT's today, seemed kinda plain or alright, not too busy, a little bit more pricier than I wanted. yeah my wife and me both love dives. I know the Western is closing this Monday(pretty sure) and that just stinks cuz they have hands down the cheapest entertainment/drinking/gambling that I've come across since I got here. I LOVE the Western! Anywhere else that is western-like in the area? I'm originally from WI and am not used to actually having to look for bars. Cheap drinks are number one in my book.

Old 01-14-2012, 08:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mooseton3 View Post
Dotty's or PT's Pub?

Which is better? They both look like local bars. I tried PT's today, seemed kinda plain or alright, not too busy, a little bit more pricier than I wanted. yeah my wife and me both love dives. I know the Western is closing this Monday(pretty sure) and that just stinks cuz they have hands down the cheapest entertainment/drinking/gambling that I've come across since I got here. I LOVE the Western! Anywhere else that is western-like in the area? I'm originally from WI and am not used to actually having to look for bars. Cheap drinks are number one in my book.
PT's definitely. Dotty's smells funny, nasty and weird all mixed together.

Old 01-14-2012, 10:23 AM

13,814 posts, read 28,498,624 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by von949 View Post
Dotty's smells funny, nasty and weird all mixed together.
Sounds like Dotty could use some feminine hygiene tips!

Old 01-14-2012, 10:43 AM

58 posts, read 241,790 times
Lol!

Old 01-14-2012, 01:24 PM

11,177 posts, read 16,018,972 times
Saw Paula Poundstone at the Orleans Showroom last night and the woman was flat-out hilarious. She did a full two hours, half of which was impromptu based on conversations/interactions with various audience members. A lot of political and topical material as well. In fact, she even had some jokes based on CNN's reporting of the Iranian speedboats engaging the U.S. Navy, the news of which just broke a few hours before the show. If you're looking for something to do tonight (and if tickets are still available), I would highly recommend taking in her show.

Old 01-14-2012, 08:14 PM

17,914 posts, read 43,417,255 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MadManofBethesda View Post
Saw Paula Poundstone at the Orleans Showroom last night and the woman was flat-out hilarious. She did a full two hours, half of which was impromptu based on conversations/interactions with various audience members. A lot of political and topical material as well. In fact, she even had some jokes based on CNN's reporting of the Iranian speedboats engaging the U.S. Navy, the news of which just broke a few hours before the show. If you're looking for something to do tonight (and if tickets are still available), I would highly recommend taking in her show.
She is pretty much a regular now on National Public Radio, on the news quiz show "Wait Wait Don't Tell Me!" She's hilarious on that, too, and it does mean she keeps up with the news. So, I'm not surprised she's doing that in her standup, too!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas