Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-12-2009, 12:34 AM

2,753 posts, read 6,667,887 times

Advertisements

I take it that you're a fan of Faux "News" and that gas bag, Rush Limbaugh. Yes, there are people who abuse the system, but there are also a lot of people who have fallen thru the cracks. Limbaugh and his evil ilk would cut off public assistance if the could, so that they'd have more money to line their pockets.

Old 06-12-2009, 12:44 AM

He doesn't want to make payment arrangements, and then have to go back on them. The house is being foreclosed on already, how would this hurt his credit any more if I stop making payments after I move? He's 72, and he'll never finance anything again. He figured that I'd leave a long time ago.

Old 06-12-2009, 01:59 AM

23 posts, read 108,474 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aqualung8705 View Post
but I mostly live on peanut butter sandwiches and cold ramen.

Cold ramen???

Old 06-12-2009, 02:31 AM

No water/gas/power. If you soak package ramen in cold water for an hour they become edible. Lately I've been taking them to my local library and nuking them.

Old 06-12-2009, 10:17 AM

152 posts, read 639,254 times
Quote:
I take it that you're a fan of Faux "News" and that gas bag, Rush Limbaugh. Yes, there are people who abuse the system, but there are also a lot of people who have fallen thru the cracks. Limbaugh and his evil ilk would cut off public assistance if the could, so that they'd have more money to line their pockets.
Nope, not a fan of either. Not a Bush fan either. Not an Obama fan either. That must be hard to grasp for most people who believe everything is either left or right.

So again, you attack me rather than defending your position...

I never even commented on the issue at hand...I just pointed out I've seen you make multiple personal attacks against people who disagree with you...are you that unhappy?

If someone is a true "nut" then they aren't worth your effort anyway, just ignore them.

Treat the others with respect and they just might listen to what you have to say.

Old 06-12-2009, 10:53 AM

176 posts, read 510,861 times
Aqualung I have to ask if you cant afford power or water then how are you on a computer almost everyday posting replys? You dont have to be a right wing nut job to have an opinion on someone who PLANS on going on state assistance. No one really said that no one should be on it. People have issues with the people who instead of getting a job or 2 if they have to just go straight to the welfare office. I even said in my post that its there to help the handicaped and people who really fall on hard times that does'nt mean those people should live off it for months and years at a time. Im not against welfare or food stamps at all but im against the people who use and abuse the system the people who have there welfare there food stamps there health care and have housing and they dont even try to get a job why would they when they have such a sweet deal. I honestly think that from the way this person posted it they have'nt even bothered to look for jobs because there talking about the low wages in Las Vegas unless you have 10 kids then you can make a decent wage it might take you a little extra time and energy but imo its worth it.

Old 06-12-2009, 02:41 PM

13,814 posts, read 28,507,035 times
Aqua goes to the public library for his internet use...no cost. Anyone who knows his situation knows that he is not "milking the system", but has rather hit a very rough patch in the road of life. I've met him and he is an ok guy...he does good by others with his work through The Lodge. Please give him a break...as breaks have been hard to come by lately.

Old 06-12-2009, 06:13 PM

152 posts, read 639,254 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jfkIII View Post
Aqua goes to the public library for his internet use...no cost. Anyone who knows his situation knows that he is not "milking the system", but has rather hit a very rough patch in the road of life. I've met him and he is an ok guy...he does good by others with his work through The Lodge. Please give him a break...as breaks have been hard to come by lately.
It's actually aqua who is acting hostile towards others...I've seen it more than once. I don't think anyone else has done much other than point out his jabs at others.

Old 06-12-2009, 06:41 PM

9,855 posts, read 10,417,672 times
Quote:
I have been following this forum for a couple of months now Aqua and I feel sad that you have been dealt such bad circumstances. Having said that, I am a conservative (not a registered Republican) and I do watch Fox News. I listen to Rush, Hannity, and Levin but don't agree with them on every point. Back to topic, I think it is wrong for a person to decide on a place to live based on Food Stamp Allowance. I hope things turn more favorable for you Aqua.

Old 06-12-2009, 10:17 PM

In my experience Rush Limburger and his ilk only care about one thing. Making money at the expense of others. Am I hateful? No, but there needs to be a safety net for those who've fallen on hard times. When I was a kid my mother had gotten divorced, and had to go on public assistance while she went back to school. She got her pysch tech license, and got off of welfare and food stamps. To this day I remember going to the store with either her, or my grandmother, and seeing the clerk sneer down her nose at us. I vowed to myself, never again. You can't imagine how much pride I've had to swallow when I go down to social services at 5am, and then wait in line for hours, just to get an outpatient medical card. The only reason I'm doing this is that I have diabetes (pill taker), high blood pressure (I'd be in the hospital w/o my meds), and some other medical conditions. If certain types had their way, I wouldn't have any of this. Am I angry when I hear their villanous spew? You bet your sweet bippy I am! After all, doesn't it say in the Bible that it's easier for a camel to pass thru the eye of a needle than it is for a rich man to enter the Kingdom of Heaven? I didn't attack anyone here, I just commented that the poster from AZ was a hater. Now, you do have to at least somewhat agree with me on that. If any of you took offense, I'm sorry, but I call them like I see them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas